Holy fucking shit, Sup Forums. You were right

Holy fucking shit, Sup Forums. You were right.

I got one of these puppies a few days ago and it's like the worst experience I've ever had in years. 10 years on Nvidia and I've had 1-2 driver crashes. 2 days on AMD and I've experienced around 20 of them.

>Small screen artifacts (lines, black boxes) randomly appear on screen.
>A couple of minutes of gaming crashes drivers and game
>BSODs. BSODs Everywhere

But hey! At least it's fucking running cool. It's got that going for it. Before you even asked, around 6 different drivers were checked, clean install was done, the rest of the system has been tested before. 960 was installed later and the system is working flawlessly.

Fuck me, Sup Forums. I never expected this shit but more than that I never expected you to be right.

Forgive me.

7000 series were the last good AMD gpus. Write it down!

Just to be clear, I'm not asking for tech support here. The card's fucked. No question about it.

I'm just talking about what a shitty fucking piece of shit company AMD is and that against all odds Sup Forums is right.

be careful with that OP I heard AMD are using petroleum in the cooling rather than water.

Post speccy

Not even going to bother. Just know that I did spend the 2 days or so trying to get it to work.

It's pretty clear cut too. System works, take out GPU and install another one with all the software installation done right and you start getting what amounts to purely graphical problems on all kinds of system load? It's the fucking GPU.

That would be depressing because fuck Nvidia.

>he fell for the AMD meme

AMD is cheap garbage, pic related. I hope you learned your lesson.

>buying anything other than nvidia or intel
it isn't 2002, there is no reason to get an amd processor and i don't think there ever was a compelling reason to get ati/now amd shit

How do you fuck up this badly? Been running it since it launched, can't remember ever having a GPU related crash.

You really gotta watch out and make sure that vsync is enabled on AMD cards. Everytime they update their drivers it turns off and game menus run at 5000 fps and probably cause the issues you're having.

>Buying a Fury X on August 2016

So you bought a second hand AMD card.
Do you know that it's highly likely that it was used to mine bitcoins 24/7 ?

Is some nvidiot crying for the DPC latency.

>shit advice

If high framerate really bothers you can simply limit it with the Framerate limiter.
This way you don't introduce input lag.

>fury mining bitcoins
>GPU mining bitcoins at all
Fucking retard detected.

>Not even going to bother.
Confirmed shill.

Nothing to see here guys, just another shill.

Your point being?
Are you in any way refuting any of the points I made?
I don't speak meme-internet.

why the fuck would you switch from nvidia to amd you fucking retarded gook??

i have no sympathy for you

Maybe cracking hashes, but people use nvidia cards for that

What oc potential did you experience?

I don't know. I'm assuming it's just fucked from the factory. I looked up the issues people had with the card and nothing seemed related to what I had. Like, I saw people complaining about artifacting but theirs was just restricted to certain loads and cases as well as it being more of a signal distortion effect.

Mine was in all kinds of load I tried on it. Think old movies, small flickering lines and squares randomly placed on the screen. The game issues I couldn't do anything about. Literally the drivers lasted 2 minutes before crashing. A couple of drivers allowed it to go further but with unbelievable stuttering and eventual BSODs.

It was new.

NOVIDIASHILL

>it was new

Well card is faulty - your experience is not of statistical significance.
I gotta day that your IMMENSELY stupid for buying a brand-new R9 Fury X.
Like pants-on-head retarded.
Jesus putting GTX 1070/1080 money right now on an AMD card

Here's the thing. Me posting my specs will just make this a tech support thread of sorts. People will start blaming the parts and settings that I'm literally using right now and have used for over a year without a single issue as culprits.

>listening to Sup Forums ever
>Install gentoo
>ram speed doesn't matter
>SSD's are a meme
>AMD gpu's are the best

Just always do the complete opposite of what Sup Forums says and you're good

Then RMA it, what brand did you buy through?I got mine to 1170 core and 550 mem with +54MV, though I usually just run it at stock clocks since it's just fine for 3440x1440.

I was able to get it cheap not to mention that I value acoustics. Damn thing also had that going for it.

It also helps that I'm not feeding Nvidia. Fuck them. I'm thinking of going with a 1070 now though and I feel so bad about that.

XFX. It's in process. Going to either get a replacement or go with a 1070. Still debating.

You have no actual proof of having the card, mr. shill.
Kys.

only reason why we are not tech support

>gets a broken card
>"WAAAAAAH AMD SUCKS"

I could understand other reasons for you hating AMD, but jesus christ OP you sound like a retarded toddler.

>Buy used tech off of eBay
>WAAAH ITS BROKEN

Nice hivemind, brother

Do you even DDU, ne/g/ro?

Between Catalyst and Crimson? Like 10-11 times.

Not exactly. I know it's a defective product. But I'm not about to celebrate the glorious AMD for that though just because some AMD shill on Sup Forums may have his feelings hurt. You're insane to believe that.

I had a Fury X for a few weeks, it had the craziest coil whine I've ever seen, absolutely nuts.

The cooler was fucking great though.

>OP can't install a graphics card
What a surprise.

Why did you even install Catalyst you nigger

Luckily you didn't get one when they had cooling whine issues......shit was even worse than coil whine