After trying out the fiasco that is Windows 10, I decided to go back to Windows 7 and install it fresh

After trying out the fiasco that is Windows 10, I decided to go back to Windows 7 and install it fresh.

>updates installed quickly, either via official update rollup or update pack
>no splash-screening apps
>no market
>no meme tier halo personal assistant
>no telemetry
>no preinstalled adware
>no group policies taken away
>no candy crush
>no xbox shit
>painlessly set file associations
>no flat meme
>best DWM allowing translucency without curry hacks
>no forced updates
>no shitty greyscale fonts
>support for Vulcan
>security updates until 2020

>no getting shit on by Microsoft constantly and getting sold out

Everything is so coherent. It's glorious.
Come home, desktop user.

Other urls found in this thread:

www81.zippyshare.com/v/kHbhIrV4/file.html
howtogeek.com/253901/get-windows-10-for-free-after-july-29th-with-a-little-prep-now/
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/940758/windows-build-10240-drivers/?offset=3
nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3831/
twitter.com/WZorNET/status/762669831007137792
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/directx/
gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wish they didn't stop the support. Man I was disappointed with 8. Windows 10 crossed the line.

Started using ubuntu. Now I run a windows 7 VM for a software compatibility layer

Nice blogpost

After trying out the fiasco that is Windows 7, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 and install it fresh.

>updates installed quickly, either via official update rollup or update pack
>no splash-screening apps
>no market
>no meme tier halo personal assistant
>no telemetry
>no preinstalled adware
>no group policies taken away
>no candy crush
>no xbox shit
>painlessly set file associations
>no flat meme
>best DWM allowing translucency without curry hacks
>no forced updates
>support for Vulcan
>security updates until 2020

>no getting shit on by Microsoft constantly and getting sold out

Everything is so coherent. It's glorious.
Come home, desktop user.

>no telemetry
Eh...

This. Win7 telemetry is still there, but not as horrible as win10

Just install Ubuntu

>le Ubuntu meme

Go back to redd1t, shitstain.

you mean Amazon OS

Does anyone know if Daz loader still works for Windows 7?

It works.
www81.zippyshare.com/v/kHbhIrV4/file.html

if you had any clue what you're doing you pirated enterprise ltsb n a long ass time ago. the fuck are you doing here retard telling everyone you're using windows and a deprecated version no less you want the retard of the year award here you go it's yours

The Russians have leaked the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 ISO.

I'm using it right now and I have to say it's a lot better than the old version.

>deprecated version
HW manufacturers already stopped creting drivers for 10240. Using it is a bad idea. You can't get a GTX 1080 to work on it. Meanwhile it works flawwlessly on Windows 7. Think before you post such crap, retard.

"The Russians"

they're probably after the dod sourced version

Who knows, but Enterprise LTSB is the closest thing there is to Windows XP at the moment in terms of greatness.

I was pretty bummed out about having to wait until October for it to come out when Microsoft decided to release 1607 for every other version of Windows 10.

>Come home, desktop user.

win10 is a paradigm shit in UI down to the tiles. (t. research visual cue superiority to recall over plain text)

I love win7...but w10 is literally w7 on steroids. You need to stop with this telemetry shit. It's not worth it.

Yo, how can I bypass winblows 10 activation? Free ISO from the overlords but I know you geeks have the juice.

The only way I would ever consider using Win10 was if I felt like paying $45 to buy NTlite and use it to remove all the stupid bullshit. But paying for software is disgusting, so I decided to just stick with Win7.

Aero is really ugly tho

why would you bypass activation.

it's the cost of 2 pizzas.

I already bought a pizza today.

Fuck I would love LTSB, but I don't want key loggers and shit from downloading that version of it.
HOW CAN I GET IT?! I WANT IT SO BAD.

Should I really go back OP? Windows 10 hasn't been bad but I really liked Windows 7.
DX12 is becoming more mainstream and I don't want to miss out on future DX12 advancements.

I just rolled back from the Anniversary update. DON'T upgrade. Holy shit what a nightmare. Couldn't access any external HDD and they put in even more anti-privacy bullshit. Not to mention the OS actually freezes for most people before you can rollback.

...And it's trying to update it again.

Flat is really ugly tho

DX12 is irrelevant, Vulkan works on Win7 and the game companies will continue making shit work in DX11 and DX12 because DX12 exclusives will lose them customers.

>having wrong opinions

(You)

What happens if you currently install regular updates on Win7? Does it go over the GWX shit and just keep installing updates normally? Are any of these telemetry bullshit?

Anyone have any idea how to stop Win10 from upgrading to the Anniversary build? Peerblock isn't stopping it.

>Does it go over the GWX shit and just keep installing updates normally?
MS doesn't send GWX anymore

>Are any of these telemetry bullshit?
Hide these

>upgrading to windows 10 in the first place
seriously, how can you post on Sup Forums and have any version of windows past 7

>muh video games
go back to Sup Forums, win7 plays games just fine

I found this list of shit to avoid on the mydigitallife forum for Windows 7:

KB971033 -x86-the x64 (Update for Windows Activation Technologies checking)
KB2952664 -x86-the x64 (System Update compatibility for migration to Windows 10)
KB2977759 -x86-the x64 (Diagnostics compatibility issues for upgrading to Windows 10)
KB3021917 -x86-the x64 (diagnostics and telemetry systems to upgrade to Windows 10)
KB3035583 -x86-the x64 (Update sets "Get Windows 10" application)
KB3068708 -x86-the x64 (Update to improve the quality of diagnostics and telemetry)
KB3075249 -x86-the x64 (Update adds a point telemetry consent.exe file)
KB3080149 -x86-the x64 (Update for CEIP program and diagnostic telemetry)
KB3081954 -x86-the x64 (Update to improve the working folders and telemetry)
KB3123862 -x86-the x64 (Updated opportunity to upgrade to Windows 10)
V2-KB3139923 -x86-the x64 (Update adds a point telemetry consent.exe file)
KB3150513 -x86-the x64 (Updated configuration for compatibility diagnostics)

How are people having so much trouble with Windows 10? What are you guys doing wrong?
I'm having the fucking time of my life with this os.

you have a sad life

>forced updates that break shit
Time of your life, huh?

sc config wuauserv start= disabled

You can turn it off.
I've left mine on though and haven't had any issues.

>freezes
after update this happened to me and they deleted my cute wallpaper without my premission. damn Windows 10
so I did rollback and my wallpaper was back

Does that work on 10 or just 7?

Use a generic key, faggot.
Or better even, don't install that spyware on your machine, you dumb shit.

should work for any version, from an elevated command prompt

FYI Windows 10 introduces a 4GB memory limit to DX9 programs, so don't think just because you're a gamer, that Windows 10 is the right OS for you. If you do things like modding Skyrim, Windows 10 will probably fuck your shit up.

There was a big outrage about it, with people blaming Nvidia, then it turned out that it was Microsoft's fault and they refused to fix it, because it was hard coded into the new way the OS does shit. Not that this matters much with the DX11 Skyrim client coming out in a few months, I suppose.

Don't use the regular Windows Updater.
Use Wsus Offline Update instead. Much faster and it only installs essential updates. Telemetry and other garbage updates are ignored.

I could kiss you.

Just no hand-holding.

Hey how likely is this article to be accurate when it says that you can install 10, roll back to 7 or 8 and then potentially switch back to 10 for free in the future if that ever becomes a good idea? cause i put 10 on my winbook tablet and sweet mother of pussy it actually manages to be an even worse experience on tablets than wimboot 8.1

howtogeek.com/253901/get-windows-10-for-free-after-july-29th-with-a-little-prep-now/

i have no idea what you're shitposting about. you must be clinically retarded to not be capable of having everything work flawlessly.

Who the fuck cares?
If you desperately want to install Windows 10 spyware, just get a clean .iso and use MS Toolkit to activate it.

Eat shit and die.

forums.geforce.com/default/topic/940758/windows-build-10240-drivers/?offset=3
> ManuelGuzman (NV Customer Care)
> I am sorry but you need build 1511 or higher for Pascal based GPUs. No way around it: nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3831/

Here you go. This is the download link I used.

Seems fine so far.

twitter.com/WZorNET/status/762669831007137792

Four Channel wouldn't let me post the direct link for some reason.

my version doesnt even show it as an option, what type of system do you have?

ive even told it to manually check and its not listed

Just get the update pack from MDL to get the correct updates without the other garbage in it.

This is the thing that bothers me the most, I have to develop Windows software on Windows and I can't for my life code on W10, it's really hard on the eyes.

>get new stuff, need new update

Like duh.

It does have xbox shit though, windows media center iirc, i hooked up my 360 elite once just to see what it does

It'll be listed as build 1607.

Use KMS nano, I've tried before and works fine

yes i know, but i have the version 1500x what ever prior to that

i know how to manually get it from the microsoft site, but wondering why it wasnt pushed thru yet

Wow, another Nvidia blunder.

I've already done it. I have a probook 11 that came with W8.1, I installed W10 on a spare HDD and I'm able to re-activate windows 10 with a digital license at any time. I've already done this multiple times in the past couple days as I build a 1607 image with as much bullshit stripped out as I can manage.

Heads up. If you have a Linux partition or a partition of any kind, the anniversary update will get rid of it.

Consider mpv over MPC-HC

i did this and my primary monitor didn't work at all

on the grub boot menu both monitors work fine but as soon as ubuntu boots the one screen goes black while the other displays everything fine

considering you're a shit eating retard and bought an nvidia product your next best choice is windows server 2016, still not windows 7, try again retard.

Supoort? Its supported for years as OP said.

but it empregnated your machine with a bot baby. It's part of a telemetry queen that will network and become a tool for shaping society based on online activity personality modeling.

/bst/ is the other way

>>no telemetry
in case you haven't hear, windows 7 now has all the telemetry that windows 10 has.
>>no flat meme
>>best DWM allowing translucency without curry hacks
>translucency
>good
go back to 2006 grandpa.
translucency is the cancer of the user interface world
>>support for Vulcan
>implying that more than 5 games will actually use vulcan
MS has a stranglehold on the pc gaming market, and they will force developers to use DX12 one way or another.

Windows 7 is going to be the next windows XP
Just get off of it now while you can do it slowly, instead of being forced to some time later on

>Everything is so coherent.

You must be using a differnet Windows 10 than I did, then.
Coherent was definitely the last thing that came to mind.

Cool story
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/directx/

Takes literally 5 minutes to solve this problem, from starting the web search to having 2 working displays.

But if "web search" isn't the first thing that comes to mind, when you encounter a problem, you really shouldn't bother.

I bet that fucking traitor Snowden gave it to them.

It will not show up if you have defer updates enabled in the update settings. Don't do it anyway, it's plain shit. Rolled back to the regular after 2 days.

Ubuntu? Oh... you mean the distro without any quality assurance? I'll pass.

why

I tried the AU a few days ago and it started downloading those metro apps despite me setting it to not do so. I'm done with 10.

fucking faggot

All the niggers hating on windows 10 have never even used it and are linux cock suckers. Get over yourselves. Its a perfectly fine OS and its way more practical than fucking linux.

Well, you still have a choice. If you're using Windows, just forget about security, so, turn off auto updates and don't risk getting telemetry, when you don't have to. Here's a list of all those ''security updates'' you'd be ''missing out'' on:
gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9

Okay. Who the fuck cares?

>in case you haven't hear, windows 7 now has all the telemetry that windows 10 has.

it's still completely optional on 7.

Do beware it only works with MBR

Aww pajeet mad. Go fix your mbr

This.

I've been trying to get off the Win 10 ride, but my laptop has a Skylake CPU and only has USB3.0 ports as a means to connect to anything.

I recently just tried making a USB bootstick with Win 7 adding in the USB3 drivers but it didn't seem to work. Also tried installing Win 7 via LAN but was getting issues with Serva likely with relation to it not liking the LAN drivers I fed it.

BIOS is fairly stripped back and there's no legacy options except for switching UEFI on and off. Win 7 installation then complains that BIOS isn't ACPI compliant.

Is there anything else I've missed to try and get Win 7 on my laptop?

DVD drive?

No internal DVD drive unfortunately. I've got an external one, but again that would be connecting to the laptop via USB 3.

I'd try it at least. One time couldn't install server 2008 r2 via usb stick, worked fine with usb dvd drive. I think it was an issue with the official usb tool from microsoft

What tool are you using to make the usb stick? I'd recommend rufus

I tried both the official tool and Rufus to make the bootsticks. It's possible I may have been adding in the wrong USB drivers though.

I'll give the DVD drive another shot.

I don't know, in my case didn't add ant driver to the disk, it was stringht from msdn. Was an asus motherboard with 1150lga tho
The lan should work without drivers too. Should boot from lan and automatically try to get shit from the dhcp. At this point you could setup a local dhcp or run the setup from a local share somehow. Dunno, i'm not an expert. This is bullshit, should work out of the box just disabling secureboot

i shouldn't have to do anything, having the os show up on the fucking screen is a pretty basic requirement

I thought I heard someone make a couple of partitions with Gparted and dump the Windows 7 installation files to the first partition. He restarted and continued with the installation.

Yeah, surprisingly enough, I was scouring the internet and came across another guy who said he did the exact same thing to get Win 7 installed.

Looks like that will be my avenue then as the DVD drive does read, but Win 7 hangs on the "Starting Windows" screen and has a red bar up the top.

breaking news
the helecopter he was travelling in crashed into a mountain in wales

Disable it then
And use some kind of program to change it to something else.

>What are you guys doing wrong?
It couldn't possibly be Microsoft's fault right?