Is it possible to "rice" w7, w8.1 or w10 to use around 600mb of ram in cold start?

Is it possible to "rice" w7, w8.1 or w10 to use around 600mb of ram in cold start?
Should desktop user install server edition, i heard it performs better
[spoiler]crap-pc here[/spoiler]

bump

Yes, you can do it using this program called "Gentoo".

Heh m8. Used GNU/Linux around 2-3 days ago. Love it, uses about 400 RAM, BUT. No software i NEED for study works on it, and before you speak -- no, my cpu cant handle wine/virtual and software needed for my study.

> no, my cpu cant handle wine/virtual and software needed for my study.
FUCK ME
WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL THIS RETARDED
DO YOU KNOW WHAT WINE STANDS FOR

Wine Is Not an Emulator.
IT DOESN'T REQUIRE MORE CPU CYLES THAN RUNNING IT NATIVELY ON WINDOWS!

He probably hasn't even tried it. He's justifying his use of Windows on "software he needs" yet the thread is about ricing.

Then my pc can use soft on windows and cant on linux, whatever.. Crashes is the only thing that matter

Ive gotte, windows 8.1 to use 320mb ram 5min after booting, windows defender is the big thing just look at task manager and see whatsusing ram then turn stuff off like services and search indexer. Windows 10 is harder I can only get it down to like 550

Well, not really. It doesnt work on W10 either, tho

Right now the most memory consumed by explorer.exe

This

jesus was it that high in windows 7 or 8?

If by "that high" you mean 35mb, yes.

win7 32 bit yes, mine uses 350MB

yeah it's a neat up called gentoo

its 8.1

>IT DOESN'T REQUIRE MORE CPU CYLES THAN RUNNING IT NATIVELY ON WINDOWS!

kek stick to flipping burgers pls

>rice
>cold start

c-car guy?

Stay braindamaged, retard.
Most idiots who try WINE forget to install the required 32bit libraries and then cry about things not working and run back to windows.

Tss, just answer the questions

yeah, just search for that "safe-to-disable services" list

blackviper iirc

I was in a similar boat to him. Programs I need to run are not well supported by WINE. I just run Windows in a Virtual Box when I have to.

You can get a machine with a core 2 in it for next to nothing and would probably even consume a bit less power than what you are probably using now.

I haven't ever gotten wine to work. Virtaul machines are easy though.

W7 uses less than 600MB, but it depends on how much RAM you have.

With 2GB RAM it uses less than 400MB.

there is a windows 10 for raspberry pi, so...

... which is useless because no software.

How?

Resbond bls

I'm not saying to use pi, just there is a windows 10 that runs on it, you install whichever software you want

buy more ram

>a windows 10 that runs on it, you install whichever software you want

It's not x86 Windows, therefore it's pretty much useless and you might as well talk about Linux.
It's obvious OP had x86 Windows in mind.

Not him, but there's nothing you need to do, really. Just let it idle for a few minutes. You might disable "Windows features", though. Disabling Search alone will probably free some resources.

Oh and the less RAM you have installed the less it will use.

Nobody needs to justify their choice of operating system. It's a preference that doesn't effect you at all. Worry about yourself.

Which of these would you disable

All of it to be honest

get that botnet shit outta there!!! lol

>disabling Flash update service or any update service
>disabling BITS
>disabling SuperFetch
lmao at the retard who wrote that