Why do LG and Samsung override Google's Android emojis?

Why do LG and Samsung override Google's Android emojis?

Other urls found in this thread:

unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html#1f602
a.uguu.se/JDbc31KO6zRz.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because Android is open source and they can do whatever the fuck they want.

Why are Mozilla's emojis so fucking ugly?

Because Koreans dont like the Japanese

Realistically speaking if you look at Samsung's emojis it's because they spend most of their time trying to look like and be like apple. The android emojis are probably the cutest and most emotive ones in existence, but instead we have to stick with literal 2007 emojis because apple says so.

Samsung did it to make "Samsung" phones a different entity from "Android", with a different skin, different features, different app store, different features, and going straight for apple in marketing instead of advertising against other android phones

Even though they've laid off on being so heavily skinned and having an absolute wankass amount of features, It worked so hard normies think of "samsung" "apple" and "android"

>but instead we have to stick with literal 2007 emojis because apple says so.
What are you talking about, user? These emojis are the pinnacle of progress.

>Have fully flat design
>Stick with 2007 emojis back from when they were called "Smilies c:" and looked like CGI round balls with faces
>Continue to update to new emoji standards in this format
I will never understand this

It isn't even going in the same direction as the emoji it replaced.

Also, think about someone with an iPhone sending a message to someone with an LG phone:
>We're going to have fun with the kids today [glock] [glock]

Why whatsapp acts like android isn't the most used platform? They use iOS icons instead of android's free emojis, what's wrong?

͏>not using emojione
or really
͏>using emoji at all

Somebody should make an anime-based emoji pack.

I'm not somebody who uses emoji at all, but why the hell not?

>iOS is flat design
>emojis in iOS are not
Fucking retards

So much this famalam.

>It isn't even going in the same direction as the emoji it replaced.
it's because muslims read right to left and it'll be easier for them to aim the gun at infidels now

>We're going to have fun at school today [glock] [glock]
ftfy

kek

LG one is the best. A fucking Colt M1903

HTC does too, but I kinda like these

if you send rainbow flag to non-IOS device it shows as (fagflag)

Yeah I like their's the best. They're certainly the most modern.

What do stock Android emojis even look like? I thought LGs were the stock ones this whole time.

cute jellybeans

also the plural version of emoji is still emoji, no s.

>emojis
Will this meme ever die or is already too late?

>>unicode
>will this meme ever die or is it already too late?

no. unicode isn't going away for a looooong time, user.

Oh, I forgot that this shit is already on Unicode tables.
My hopes have shattered in pieces.

>already
they've been in unicode for years now.

Sorry user. I was living in a cave.
Though I consider going back.

i hate them so much

you people are autistic, emoji are fantastic.

we got a Laser Gun on Windows Phone

its meh

Kill yourself right now, my man.

Why "emoji"?

Couldn't they have kept the old "emoticon" word instead? The current thing has nothing remotely to to with the original japanese "emoji". They just renamed the emoticons "emoji" and changed absolutely nothing.

There are specific definitions for each:
An emoticon is made from text, generally ascii such as :) or :^)
A smiley is a graphic used by a website, like typing :v: will replace it with a graphic when shown by the website.
An emoji is just a character from a specific unicode block, which are actually standardised.

>emoji are fantastic
Not them but emojis literally give me the cringes

>The current thing has nothing remotely to to with the original japanese "emoji". They just renamed the emoticons "emoji" and changed absolutely nothing.
They based the whole original set on the Japanese ones that came from standardization of au/DoCoMo/Softbank's emoji, that's why there are still shitloads in there that aren't relevant to anyone outside of Japan.

lel ebin kikebook mems xdd

>also the plural version of emoji is still emoji, no s.
I don't care at all but thanks

YOU SHOULD, user. I TAKE UNICODE SERIOUSLY.

captcha: clap tornante

onto u, tornante.

How does that level of confusion even happen when they're on the same platform

old people not realising the face is laughing, blame apple for disregarding unicode guidelines.

this will literally never happen
apple users don't talk to android poorfags because their texts show up as green, they mess up groupchats in imessage and they believe they're above them.

Also, iphone users generally don't have unlimited SMS messaging, for some reason.

>disregarding unicode guidelines.
???
That face is exactly following the guidelines.
unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html#1f602
>FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY

because they're poor and spend all their money on the phone itself so they have to get a poorfag plan

their depiction is shit compared to say, samsungs. i can understand how old people would be confused.

>their depiction is shit compared to say, samsungs
You can't be serious. Samsung's depiction is even easier to confuse as sad crying.

it's subjective i suppose, samsung's eyes and eyebrows look happier to me than apple's depiction.

Apple emojis are the ugliest fucking shit in the world, nothing cute about them at all, Facebook and HTC are slightly better but Google ones are the absolute god-tier from the ones I've seen.

They're a big argument in my favour when trying to convince people to use hangouts.

Google's and Twitter's are my personal favourites, Apple's are fucking disgusting.

The confusion starts with bad vision. Just zoom out a bit or get farther away from your monitor and see what happens. You can't properly make out the eyes anymore. And I take back that Samsung's depiction is worse than Apple's. Their tears don't stand out that much and 'vanish' while the smile is still visible.

probably helps that i'm tired as fuark so probably have around the same vision as an old person lmao

>emoticons, emojis, smileys, whatever you want to call them

Thank god I've abandoned all of those for well over a decade now. Looking back at ancient messages and posts makes me want to die.

You can get weeb stickers.

a.uguu.se/JDbc31KO6zRz.webm

weiners

>text my nigga tyrone to bring his gat to hit a lick at the park
>meet up at the park
>show him my piece, my glock 40 problem solver
>he's all like "bruh what the fuck you got that for"
>shows me a fucking super soaker
>this nigga brought a super soaker to hit a lick because his iphone changed the gun emoji to a squirt gun
last time I try hitting licks with niggas with iphones thinking they rich and shit s m h

told him he's a poor bitch ass nigga for getting that iphone se instead of that galaxy note 7