HOW THE FUCK DO I CHANGE THE BACK HOTKEY TO BACKSPACE????????????

HOW THE FUCK DO I CHANGE THE BACK HOTKEY TO BACKSPACE????????????

THIS HOTKEY IS SO FUCKING AWKWARD AND POINTLESS, WHY THE FUCK WOULD GOOGLE DO THIS????????/

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stop being poor and get a proper mouse with side buttons like every normal person in 2016.

Remap your backspace key to alt+left arrow, and your left arrow key to backspace

that's actually kind of obnoxious that they had it throw up a "you're doing this wrong" box
alt-back is easy though (and it's just as standard as backspace in browsers)

Why would you need to change that? Backspace is the default back hotkey in every sensible modern browser.

Average chrome user is deemed too retarded to not lose focus of text boxes.

how old is the standard of backspace=back anyway?
i think i remember using it in netscape

No, you don't understand.

It's not alt-backspace.

It's fucking alt-left arrow key.

It's fucking retarded. Do they not realize this is going to increase my chances of getting carpal tunnel by fucking 100%? God damnit it fucking pisses me off.

They said they changed it because retards accidentally hit backspace when they're filling out forms and lose all of their data. They could have added an option to change the hotkey to backspace if we aren't fucking 90-year-old deathbed grannies who don't know how to into computers. But no, Jewgle is doing this fucking totalitarian bullshit and steeping to the lowest common denominator at the expense of the non-retarded.

Calm down OP and stop sperging out. Seriously my 10 dollar bluetooth mouse has two buttons that are used specifically for this, so go buy one

Google fucks everything up all the time. Get a real browser.

Finally Google is taking action and forcing the few mega autists using Chrome to stop

If you ever liked this ‘feature’, you are the cancer that keeps all software shit

>Google explains that 0.04 percent of page views are currently triggered by going back with the backspace button. In addition, 0.005 percent of page views are from people using the backspace key after a form interaction. "Years of user complaints have been enough that we think it's the right choice to change this given the degree of pain users feel by losing their data, and because every platform has another keyboard combination that navigates back."

This, what the fuck
Hate it when I'm clearing a form holding backspace and it goes back like 10 pages
Thank you based Google

Not gonna lie, I actually forget that I have those buttons constantly, so they have gone almost entirely unused since I bought my g400s a few years ago.

Why don't i see that box?

switched back to firefox for this very reason

Firefox, Chrome, pretty much no difference between the two anymore. Did they push the update that breaks the extension system yet? I heard they were axing it for a "more chrome-like extension system"

For now, I use Palemoon, but that's going to become more and more of a pain in the balls as Firefox digresses from it. But what other choices are there really? Opera? Vivaldi? What a fucking disaster.

>Using a mouse to browse

FILE A BUG IN THE CHROME TRACKER

>STATUS WONTFIX

AHAHAHA

thinkpad has dedicated physical back and fort keys

nonthinkpad users btfo

There is no option to bring it back on chrome://flags? I'm not on my PC

Wait, how they know?

>Did they push the update that breaks the extension system yet? I heard they were axing it for a "more chrome-like extension system"
Webextensions. Firefox is already capable of installing chrome extensions (although there is pretty much no reason to do this). XUL is still working, and there's still a lot of work left to be done before it can be removed.

>Did they push the update that breaks the extension system yet? I heard they were axing it for a "more chrome-like extension system"

You wonder why E10s has taken fucking ages to roll out?

Extension support.

>thinkpad has dedicated physical back and fort keys
Not on the fucking Yoga.

>filling out form
>backspace while not in text input area
>fuck up process

This is a good thing, retards.

>right click, select back
>mouse button 4
>click the back arrow

HOW WILL WE SURVIVE NOW WITH ONLY 3 WAYS TO GO BACK?!?!?

No, you're the retard and you should probably off yourself.

People like you make everything worse for the rest of us, who aren't retarded.

>using the mouse to browse, ever

Don’t forget Alt + Left

also guess what Alt + Right does?

If Backspace should be back, space should be forward. It’s time to stop using a shortcut that dates back to a much more static web

Why would there be? Backspace for back deserves no recognition just because some designer in the 90's had a really bad idea and decided to include it. If you want to repeat his mistake, use an extension.

>hold on, guys. I have to go back a page. let me cumbersomely hold down the alt key while I move my right hand down to press the left arrow key and pray to god I don't develop some kind of fucking repetitive motion injury, instead of simply hitting backspace. This is true Progress™! Remember, as long as it's different, it's good!

No actually wanted E10s except Mozilla.

Use Shortkeys, then you can bind it to any key you want.

>normalfag
>REE
this is why we call you dumb frogposters

>hurr durr firefox keeps crashing and taking out all of my tabes
>mozilla please fix
>hurr durr I don't want E10s

kys

The alt right thinks Obama is a Muslim and complains about Indians on Sup Forums

Just use the 3 finger swipe gesture OP

>develop some kind of fucking repetitive motion injury
>murican faggotry

Your fault for using a shitty botnet browser anyway faggot.

I've had Firefox crash literally dozens of times and never lost my tabs. People are retarded. There is an option to load the tabs from your previous session on startup. No one ever pays attention to the fine print.

Nobody uses the keyboard to go back a page. 99% of people are already using the scroll wheel on the mouse, so moving the mouse to the back button next to the URL bar is easier than pressing backspace.

>moving the mouse
Wrong. Get off of Sup Forums, mouse-using scum

>using the mouse to move the cursor

>actually using chrome

lmao? enjoy the botnet fucktard

Microsoft isn't the only one that does telemetry, you know.

>not using alt left, alt right all the time
>having to go through an asspain to navigate backwards while filling out a text field

>
>
>>moving the mouse
>Wrong. Get off of Sup Forums, mouse-using scum
Exactly. Touchpad master race.

Your fault for using a locked down uncustomizeable botnet shitbrowser.

>Touchpad
Not when these things exist.

Suboptimal pointing experience desu

Way superior browser experience though.
Scrolling is so easy, hands stay on the keyboard for shortcuts and typing, and there is very little need for accurate pointing on a web page anyways.

It's like sliding on ice with buttered skates, I didn't see how someone can get used to it.

>using a keyboard to navigate

install gentoo

Jesus Christ, you can't be this retarded and be on Sup Forums at the same time. How do you fucking survive?

>pssssshhhh, keyboard shortcuts are for nerds! why use a quick and simple keyboard shortcut when I can move my mouse across the entire screen and try to click a tiny target?

>I literally do not know about the fourth and fifth buttons on a mouse
stay new