T420

>there will never be a laptop this beautiful ever again

Why even go one

The second they got rid of the keyboard was the second I knew Lenovo was going to destroy the thinkpad.
Oh well. Dell Precision line is a pretty good replacement.

>t420
>pretty

no

I've seen prettier but it's still pretty pretty desu. I prefer the look of X200 series, though.

>was looking at t420 and t430
>want t420 simply because it says 420 even though 430 had better specs
Toughest decision of my life
Ended up getting w520

The t460 and x260 are still both far more attractive looking than their competition.

>thick bezels

see the t60 if you want to see a better looking model

t420 is fucking shit

>there will never be a laptop that sounds like a jetliner again

A dude is selling a T420 with an i5 third gen and 8gb or 1600ddr3.

Im running an Acer V5 with an i3 3117u...would it be worth the update? he's selling for 150 bucks or my laptop + 50 bucks.

If it's in good condition, then i would do it. If you don't need your old laptop then trading sounds like a good deal

yeah i would take the trade. i have a fully working shitty lelnovo g series that i didnt get rid of when i bought my t430. totally worth buying the thinkpad - i have never used such a well built laptop before. you can feel the durability, the weight, the firmness of the keys, its perfect. when you open the thinkpad up, you see planned out part placement and the metal rollcage.

not even trolling, i just cant believe what i had been missing out on all this time.
would keep the v5 though personally because im a tech hoarder.

Always wanted to get a Thinkpad, they seem neat for work/college.
Could you recommend me a specific model?

>memepad
>not getting a macbook pro™ with retina™ display

t420 for 14"
x220 for 12"
x220t for 12" tablet memes

T420 will be my last Windows laptop, getting a Macbook Pro when they release the new generation. With the windows 10 debacle there's no reason to continue down the lenovo road

I know it may sound a little dumb, but if the main use for it would be programming/VMs. I should prioritize RAM or processor?

of those models all can be upgraded to 16gb ram but only the t420 can upgrade the cpu

RAM and disk

literally facepalmed on reading the last line

>want to get a dell precision
>ALPS touchpad so probably worse than synaptics
>expensive
oh well

t430 doesn't have that ugly ass keyboard.

t420 fags btfo

mass deploying them. Over 5k t420's swapping out old Dells,HPs and IBMs

it feels cheap, it looks cheap and it bends under constant heat.

you guys glorified this crap because its a thinkpad. but it not the same as you know it was

Most thinkpads have at least one huge hardware flaw, but this is accepted by most chinkpad users for some reason

>get thinkpad
>every time I move it more than a few feet I have to reseat at least one of the RAM cards or it won't let me boot

It needs repairs and Thinkpads happen to have excellent repair manuals and replacement parts are plentiful.

I have an x201s. What on the market would be superior to it?

Pros
>I get about 8 hours battery life just web browsing/word processing
>1440x900 screen
>Core i7, never experience slow downs really since I don't play games
>ssd
>Wireless N, don't need AC
>Weight with 9-cell battery is about 3.5lbs
>Can easily attach ultrabase if I want to burn a disc

Cons
>8 hours isn't what it used to be. Would be nice if it was 10+ hours. 12 hours
>CPU can get very hot
>Case wear on ~8 year old computer
>I like old thinkpad keyboards but hair and crumbs in the keyboard and using compressed air gets old
>Wouldn't mind even higher screen resolution

Is there anything truly superior to this on the market?

How are x220s holding up? I want to get one for the linux comparability but I don't want to get something that's slow

sandy bridge is still plenty relevant

its not like linux does anything that requires speed in the first place. it works fine but enjoy the trackpoint drift

Seems like the x260 with the 1920x1080 screen is what I want

>Why even go one
Y u no Engrisch Nows?

Typos happen dude

>1366x768 minimum resolution
>1600x900 maximum resolution

If lelnovo had given it FHD from the getgo with would've been perfect, but no they had to cut costs forcing us to rely on chink modders for getting the FHD experience

Laughed!

mine is silent...