Are coding bootcamps worth it?

If you have experience with these, what are the chances of getting hired right out of the pillbox? Are they favorable? 40k / year would be plenty for me, and being a code monkey doesnt really sound that bad.

>40k

Thats what I keep reading from everyone thats get hired. Have I been bamboozled?

No, but you need to get the right one doe, you know those that are actually a front for several businesses that don't want to hire actual professionals to do menial work so they charge people to train them and then employ them.

Chose the right one, then try to be one of the top students (maybe go after already knowing your shit hehe), build relationship with the key teachers, and its done.

Thanks user, was starting to get a bit spooked there for a second.

Copy/pasta:

"Coding" is over. It was a fad for Starbucks-drinkers. For ~2 years, it has been very hip and fashionable to go to a "coding bootcamp" and take selfies with HTML. 2 years is enough time for anyone to figure out that this is a total and complete waste of time.

"Coding" is not programming. Anyone can code. A monkey can code. It takes mental effort to go from a useless "coder" to a genuine programmer, and Starbucks-drinkers are not capable of putting in mental effort that goes beyond drag-and-drop. Programming means taking the time to solve a particular problem. You cannot cut-and-paste or drag-and-drop a solution to a unique problem, so Starbucks-drinkers cannot program. Cut off their internet and a simple for loop will stump them, which is why the hilariously easy FizzBuzz test is so good at weeding out HTML-selfie-takers.

Coding is over. Coding bootcamps are over. Programming lives on. You want to learn programming? Stop taking HTML-selfies and pick up a programming book.

We need more propoganda like that to keep programming undersaturated and keep our pay high.

>Assuming I dont know how to program

I just wanted to know if this would help with getting a job is all. Even if it is a code monkey position. I understand how competitive the market is (At least I think I do), and I understand that I need a solid portfolio to be even considered. I simply wanted to know if it was worth going to to boost my chances of getting a code monkey job.

We need the truth to be common knowledge.

>Programming? Oh yeah, coding is so easy. Look, you take some code, and put in front, then you put behind, and now it is bold code! See? Programming is SO easy, anyone can do it! Let us take a selfie with this program that we just hacked and post it on Instagram!
This is not programming. This is a child following the dotted lines to write a capital A in a kindergarten book, then saying "Ah, how Shakespearean!"

You're talking to a real programmer, not one of these college luddy duddies

If you already know how to program, why would you want your brain to atrophy by attending a codey derpcamp?

Coding boot camps can occasionally be useful to learn the physical act of programming in advance of a job where programming is an useful auxiliary skill. It isn't useful in the long term for a dedicated software position.

>pshh i know too, i bet you don't even know what that means

cause he is desperate for a job and some of those things are just a paid(by you) intership

>not shit posting in jade

This

I see. Desperation can drive a man to do the worst of things.

If it is paid for, and you can stand wasting your time, and you are sure that having "attended kindgar- coding bootcamp" will help your resume/job search, then go for it.

That said, perhaps you would be better served by doing freelance programming projects and having those on your resume.

Honestly he would be better of making a socket client/server from a youtube video and putting that in a portfolio than fooling around at a code camp

you can succeed in the web dev business if you're doing the right stuff. Full stack or e-commerce can earn you good pay. But yes, this whole trendy liberal hipster "I'm a coder" thing is pretty gay. It's gotten stale and companies won't hire you for knowing just front end development. With that said, I am learning React to add to my knowledge.

Perhaps the company that is hiring has Starbucks-drinkers in top management, and OP knows this and is preparing accordingly.

Nah I'm just losing my mind cuz poor and cant get a job that pays above 12$ / hour. Tried freelancing and pajeets just flooded every project there is. Pretty difficult to compete when you don't have a single review because of pajeets taking the jobs. I was hoping for at least 14-15$ /hr and get some solid experience to then boot the hell out and find something that pays even more. At this point I just want SOMEONE to hire me

Sorry to hear that, mate. While I cannot offer you a job, if you want, send me your resume and I can critique it for you.

Also, here in the third world, we have places like Jobstreet and Monster, where you upload your resume and get a pretty good chance of finding a relevant job. Have you been uploading your resume to the equivalent site in [your location]?

I cant say I have. I didn't realize Resume prostitution was a thing.

Also, laptop has my resume and its at my workplace. I appreciate the help anyways!

>I mean come on, it is the [current year] right now.
1: Go to all the popular recruitment sites, and post your resume there.
2: Those recruitment sites will also list jobs. They can email them to you, if you choose. Jobstreet used to send me a daily email with ~30 job vacancies, until I opted out.

If you are qualified, you can be lining up interviews by tomorrow. Go do the above steps.

Awesome! Thank you for your help! I'll see about posting my resume tomorrow, crossing my fingers.

Best of luck. Hope next Monday morning finds you on the way to work.

It works like this , 5 different tech companies need 100 new codemonkeys per year, so they pool resources and make a "coding school", which becomes self-substainable due to the fees they charge, make the students write the kind of apps they will be writing in their would-be positions, and then hire those that perform best.

The entire system banks on the fact they DO hire people who attend there, so people tell their friends they went there and then got fixed with a job, and there's and always growing influx of potential codemonkeys.

Isn't this collusion?

>collusion
i dunno, maybe?
Doesn't matter in thirld world doe

No.