How long until it happens again? This tech craze, especially the overvalue of software engineers™...

How long until it happens again? This tech craze, especially the overvalue of software engineers™, clearly isn't sustainable.

Other urls found in this thread:

enz.org/migrants.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>software engineers
>overvalued

Not only are we still in high demand, technology will keep making us in high demand with short supply

>we
I understand why you would like to think that, who doesn't want job security, right? It would probably be better if you faced facts now though, before it's too late.

soon enough, your salaries will be slashed to more realistic levels

99% of software development work is just CRUD computer janitor work anyway.

And yet no one has the skill or patience to deal with 1000 bugs that need to be fixed within a time period of two weeks

>overvalue of software engineers™
>He didn't start making 6 figures right out of college
Must not have gone to a school well-known for its CS or EE program. Credentialism is a bitch, isn't it?

and this is why you will be earning no more than $60k within a few short years.
99% of developers can't code their way out of a wet paper bag.
Every department has one competent head developer overseeing 30 codemonkeys and designated pajeets who need "TEST DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT" to avoid shitting the bed.

And yet I have a resume and credentials for several top people that show I'm capable of doing work no pajeet or amateur can pull off. And that's why Im sitting in LA at a beach side condo while you're sitting here whining about being overvalued. Who the fuck complains about that

If anything the Silicon Valley cartel is keeping software engineering talent underpaid.

Why is it acceptable for CS graduates to be unable to implement anything that wasn't explicitly taught to them?

It's like being unable to do a math problem if it's not written exactly like in your textbook.

>silicon valley

Good. That place is full of nothing but degenerates anyway

How absurd. Not everyone here is in technology professionally. I got my bachelors in chemical engineering and went from a pleb tier state college straight to Chevron. And yes, I do know what's going to happen to this industry in the next decade or so, that's why I went general chemE and not explicitly petroleum engineering. Just looking to cash in now while the getting is good.

I'm simply a technology enthusiast and looking in from my perspective it's painfully obvious this house of cards is far too tall and quite a bit short of a full deck.

>especially the overvalue of software engineers

The bulk of workers in today's economy are overvalued (or overpaid) but software engineers are generally not among them.

Most work today (and 99% of work done by women) these day is useless make-work. Software engineers actually tend to create things of some value.

Like all industries, all the lazy ones will fall, there's no question, and at some point, the tech tower will crash. But it'll only be the ones who have lack of skills. Meanwhile, anyone that can code will still be in high demand. Especially with Google pushing Fiber, they're going to bring about the next internet rennaissance the moment 10 ms cross country becomes standard.

No emphasis on self study and self projects. Programming can't really be taught in a lecture theater, you need to teach principles and foundational blocks but then you need to get them to code things on their own. Give them challenges that and explore the different results so students can learn from each other.

>in short supply

Please. There are already too many programmers.

I live in New Zealand. When we hire new devs, we get easily over 600, 700 applications.

Several of them are also indian or asian (but mainly indian) trying to get a job in New Zealand, so they can move here and bring their families.

Fucking kill me.

not him, but there are several possible explanations for you getting inundated with applications:
1) your company could be retarded at signaling what they need; if people don't self-select out, your applications will consist of lots of people who have just learned how to write some CSS and think they're programmers.

2) new zealand is such a small and abnormal market that projecting your experience out onto the world honestly makes me wonder if you were educated at all. you live on a small set of islands very remote from everything except australia. do you not think your labor market is slightly different from california or the west coast of the US in general, where significantly more tech workers live and work?

also getting a lot of pajeets trying to get out of india doesn't mean anything. the country is full of developers who are frankly not qualified. it's like a labor ghetto.

I was pointing out that insanely high application rate for our small country.

We don't go out of our way to advertise internationally, either. It's just that Indians, Filipinos and Chinese (but again, it's mainly fucking Indians) are actively searching our job sites for jobs to apply to. And when a job says "residency required", they apply anyway, because they're that desperate.

>your applications will consist of lots of people who have just learned how to write some CSS and think they're programmers.

Yes, and they come from India.

We're a small country with a small population (~4.5 million people in the whole country). It wouldn't take much to significantly change our population. Hypothetically, if we took in as many refugees as Germany has, almost 1/4, or 25% of our population would be refugees.

Now take a look at this chart:

enz.org/migrants.html

Look at how fast the immigration has risen in the last few years, and look at the countries migrants come from.

It's like they've found our country and are trying to come here.

I really despise that attitude. Rather than stay and try to improve the situation in their own countries by starting businesses and creating wealth they wold rather jump ship to the west. They are rapidly making our countries just as shit as their own too.

>stay and try to improve the situation in their own countries by starting businesses

Have you ever been to India? It's an absolute shithole full of smelly brown gnomes. Besides the biggest problem with 3rd world shitholes is that there's no dependable rule of law. So large organisations will just do corrupt shit to stop you from competing with them the moment you appear on their radar.

You can't really blame shitskins for trying to leave. You have to blame our politicians for letting them in.

So your mad that you can't get a job with the low oil prices...
Cucked

When? Dunno. But it's going to be when advertisements collapse down to their real value- or rather, the effect of personal data on targeted ads
When someone runs the sums and realises they're spending like $4 for special targeted ads but it's only 10% more effective than the $1 non-targeted ones there's gonna be trouble.

Google and facebook are going to fucking meltdown.
I mean have you ever actually seen an ad?

I want Sup Forums to leave

>I want Sup Forums to leave

Found the indian

>Rather than stay and try to improve the situation in their own countries

Dude, outside of 1st world countries it's a dog eats dog world. Those people in the 3rd world who actually try to improve their countries usually end up dead.

Boy, unless you were born a billionaire with lots of political connections, you can't change jack shit while third world hellholes have bigger GDP than some first world country there isn't much value for it's citzens.
Ohh i almost forgot, third world constitution does not apply for everybody so yeah your big competitor will be dodging taxes and doing all sorts of illegal things while you have to be better than the book.