/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

old thread: This is a japanese programmer.
Also, what are you working on, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10939705
github.com/abustany/go/blob/master/src/pkg/math/rand/rand.go#L53
lmgtfy.com/?q=how to compile and run java files
youtube.com/watch?v=x6Dsqha9JPM&index=1&list=PL2dAOzo3a1SqxkO_c7mVzUcQh5leLHjsX
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Implementing lambda calculus

strawpoll.me/10939705

>pedoNEET pandering is still allowed

she's an adult

Right, of course.

>be grad student
>thesis supervisor writes in Fortran
>mfw reading one of his code snippets

Your images betray whatever point you were trying to make, you loli-loving autist.

What if his point was that he was a loli loving autist?

>This is a japanese programmer.
She's a 3D artist and probably doesn't even know what a fragment shader is.

Why is Go's math/rand so bad at being random?

She's not a programmer REEEEEE
She's a character designer.

Now do a 3D plot of every three numbers.

Explain.

I know not how to program nor do I know where I am but you should use this next time.

But then he won't be able to draw thirsty virgins into the thread.

>Why is Go's math/rand so bad at being random?
github.com/abustany/go/blob/master/src/pkg/math/rand/rand.go#L53

Looks about as primitive as C's rand... except it's got mutexes in there, so it's thread safe. You're going to want to use a random library that's better than your standard library if you can get it.

>go refers to exceptions as "panic"

There's a crypto/rand lib but it's not as convenient to use.

I increment the value of a random index by one a million times, repeat a few times and then then display which indexes were incremented the most (where there's an x).

I need to read the GNUplot documentation.

How is this related to programming? It's a child getting changed.
Wtf, are we in Sup Forums, or Sup Forums?

top CG

Welcome to DPT. The OP image is almost never related to programming. If it's not an anime girl, it's an anime boy that looks like a girl.

Retard.

Any guides on how to gimp sicp onto book covers?

In software development, test automation is the use of special software (separate from the software being tested) to control the execution of tests and the comparison of actual outcomes to predicted outcomes. Test automation can automate previous repetitive but necessary testing in a formalized testing process already in place, or add additional testing that would be difficult to perform manually. In other words, if an application has a robust automated test suite it is no longer necessary to actually run the application and test each new feature by clicking on links and buttons, creating or updating information, or uploading or manipulating assets.

Some software testing tasks, such as extensive low-level interface regression testing, can be laborious and time consuming to do manually. In addition, a manual approach might not always be effective in finding certain classes of defects. Test automation offers a possibility to perform these types of testing effectively. Once tests have been automated, they can be run quickly and repeatedly. Many times, this can be a cost effective method for regression testing of software products that have a long maintenance life. Even minor patches over the lifetime of the application can cause features to break which were working at an earlier point in time.

YUno test automation, Sup Forums?

>She's a 3D artist and probably doesn't even know what a fragment shader is.

>tfw you will never teach a cute 3D artist about fragment shaders

>Why is Go's math/rand so bad at being random?

math/rand's dirty secret is that it's just a wrapper around the Plan 9 PRNG, which is an 'additive feedback'-type PRNG (same formulation as the glibc PRNG, but with different numbers). Same caveats apply (I think the period is only 230 * (2607 – 1) if the man page I found is correct).

>be pajeet
>test expects a certain output
>hardcode in the expected output
>ALL TESTS PASSED :^)

That's pretty gross, last 3 threads didn't have this.

Why is it acceptable for CS graduates to be incapable of implementing anything that wasn't explicitly taught to them?

It's like being unable to do math problems if they're not written exactly like in their textbooks.

i did this for my dad when i was 10. it was a basic average calculator for diving points, or something? i forgot. i didn't really know much about c++ back then, so i just hardcoded the output
it was the easiest $350 of my life

Could you use Parsec parsers to pretty print?

you got unlucky

Lack of curiosity i say, they dont program or learn in their free time.

>last 3 threads
Maybe you should lurk more.

Currently trying to figure out a way to strip pdf-books from a free online book site from ads.

I actually appreciate that those are Job offers for programmers and engineers, but they have no archive value whatsoever, distract from reading and bloat the files.

Looks like pdf is a clusterfuck of formatting, large chunks of binary mixed with plain text, plain xml and image files. Haven't found a good overview for that yet. Any recommendations?

I'd rather really just delete the undesired information instead of saving everything I can identify as non-ad into a blank file. Generally this creates a shitton of errors.

i'll have you know that hime is always related to programming

Absolutely not.

A PhD will make someone an expert in a particular subject, which more often than not, is not pedagogy. Most professors may know their particular subject well, but skill at actually teaching comes with age. I'd say for the first decade or so of their career, they pretty much wing it. Given that it is incredibly difficult to teach people how to think critically and problem solve, we can reasonably expect that numerous college students will come out knowing how to solve whatever textbook problems they solved in college, and nothing more. Beyond this, a number of students may end up just outright cheating, and depriving themselves of an ability to actually learn in the first place.

Guys, you know what I have to do in order to make these files run?

>a number of students may end up just outright cheating, and depriving themselves of an ability to actually learn in the first place.
Unfortunately, depending on where you study, having to cut edges is often necessary. This isn't pleasant.

Watch more anime your autistic retard

Wait, fuck, I'm retarded and my reasoning was flawed so I know why I'm getting this result now.

That's some horrible code you got there senpai.

I need some project ideas, im currently working on game engine in c++ and lua but i need a break from it. Id like to make some handy utilities, already wrote random wallpaper downloader + setter in Go and C for my dwm, but cant figure out what else, any ideas?

don't care. want it to run.
fuck off.

>C:\Users\Serdar
>Serdar

Go back to India, Serdar. And poo in the loo.

lmgtfy.com/?q=how to compile and run java files

That caught be off-guard when I was contributing to IPFS's codebase.

>Studios: Doga Kobo
Oh shit, picked up.

>using an IDE
>being unable to use it properly
>and then some are going to argue that ides are better.

I'd say line 18 should have a semicolon, and optionnally be properly formatted, but maybe that's just your skills at screenshotting. Also your screenshot says 'Compilation completed successfully', what the fuck is your problem exactly?

javac *.java
java Buzz

I could reasonably understand such a situation, but I have met a few people who have just asked me to do their work for them in exchange for something, who probably could have done the work themselves if they weren't lazy shits. I turned them down of course, but I can imagine the problem may be rampant if we're seeing tons of CS majors who can't even do fucking FizzBuzz.

Lots of apps now has a PDF reflow feature, including MS Word. Try opening the documents in that.

I personally use InDesign (if it's graphic-heavy) or LaTeX (if it's formal) to make PDFs, but I really prefer ePUB for reading (although there's no universally accepted standard despite Calibre being a thing).

It may look good but it's even shittier contentwise (barely any Sup Forums or even /3/ in there) than their last show which is an achievement.

I really hope you realized your main method is missing a curly.

I never really got into how to program properly in java. So okay I got them funcitoning .class files but you don't see java programs coming in those. they're usually .tar or an .exe. Dunno how to use wrap them, though.

I believe his DIE is codefolding main

>Lots of apps now has a PDF reflow feature, including MS Word. Try opening the documents in that.
I just tried everything I had here. Need to check MS Word when I'm at work later. I usually print to pdf If I ever need one.

>prefer ePUB for reading
I would prefer plain TeX files., but 99% of the time you don't really have a choice.

>Dunno how to use wrap
forget tackle, learn wrap. It's super effective.

Anime website.

Because dependent types are a thing. Get with the times, grandpa.

programming is kinda boring

Only if you are boring.

Watch anime instead

kakam geldi

Recommendations?

this

why do a hundred specific tests that might accidentally succeed when you can just do

sortArray : forall a. array a -> array a { sorted }

Love live

Sounds gay as fuck. I liked One Punch Man and Full Metal Alchemist

Programming is all about inventing problems where there wasn't any. It takes a mischievous mind (aka "curious mind" in politically correct circles) to involve your life in such activities.

normally i am shown what has been done.
in this case. I am not even able to run the files...
I always had problems with that :/
And the code is good, the only thing I want to try is make it run.
Normally this IDE is compiling and running them automatically, but even that it does not.

What's a good language to implement an interpreter for a niche markup language? Something like Haskell maybe? I've heard it is best in class for stuff that relies heavily on ASTs like parsers and compilers

Robot computer vision.

youtube.com/watch?v=x6Dsqha9JPM&index=1&list=PL2dAOzo3a1SqxkO_c7mVzUcQh5leLHjsX

Looked it up, it's apparently a Turkish/Persian name.

forget it, I am retyping it into a new project and it works apparently.
HopefullyI will encounter less of that problem until I finish that book and my project

Perl

REEEEEEE

turkroach RAUS

or muslim pls go

no :^)

point of panic is to not allow you to "throw" it

any image processing books that spoon feed idiots like me? (e.g. pseudo code)

algebraic data types make it great for parsers, it's like Backus Naur form, but it's code

What was their last show?

Haskell
Use ADTs for your syntax and then Parsec for your parser

You can use the free monad to do pic related too

SOON

Which is worse, syntactically significant indentation or syntactically significant capitalization?

Capitals as whitespace

what a shitty overrated IDE, the error markers aren't very clear, if it's even an error or the main method is just minimized, but the highlighted opening curly brace indicates an error i guess?

No this is a japanese programmer
>tfw no okinawa gold programmer gf that likes guns

significant capitalisation is great

I have two separate java programs, one outputs data to the console via standard output I want to read this data in with my other program and do stuff with it.

Is there an relatively easy or simple way to do this?

Ocaml
haskell doesn't have polymorphic variants which make it worse for these kinds of use cases

Pipe it to the other program and read it with stdin

have one java program that outputs to stdout
then have the other read stdin

open cmd, then pipe the programs together

>prelude has semigroups now
When did that happen?

Normally you don't need polymorphic variants for this

Just found out what the pipe operator is, I need to learn more basic commands.

Thanks /dpt/

please help a shitter

use based eclipse and it will literally fix it for you, don't know what the fuck is going on in your pic

it's your imports

import java.awt.event.ActionEvent;
import java.awt.event.ActionListener;

Implementing all the memes, so far my simply typed lambda terms implement functor, foldable, traversable, show, semigroup, Num => Monoid, Applicative, Monad

What's left?

import java.awt.event.ActionEvent;
not
import javafx.event.ActionEvent;

thank you

Looking at schools in my area:
CS Major consists of one C++ class and one "Generic databases class" with the rest of the classes being related to shit.

I've come to the realization that all the "Shit" classes take up all their time so they can't really learn programming.

and before anyone asks, I will eventually add eq and read => read but one needs normalisation and the other parsing

looking at maybe Alternative

W-what's wrong with it?