which one is the best and worst?

S1 is shit
S2 is goat
S3 is shit
S4 shit shit
S5 is good
S6 is shit
S7 is alright

If I were to buy a new S2 now, how would it be?
I current run a Nexus 5, but the battery is a bit weak and the phone kill switch is turned on so I will have to buy a new phone sooner or later.

I have an S2 and it shows it's age. It's slow at times and the battery dies fast. Other than that it's decent.

>S4 shit shit
>S5 good
low quality bait

I used to fucking love my S2. Started going off them at S4., have an S5 and hate it.

S2 was the first "real" smartphone on which you could comfortably do almost anything you can today. That's why.

>have an S5 and hate it.
Why?
t. S5 owner

I still use my S2.
I probably will use it forever.

S3 and S4 were pretty good.
S5 and S6 were bad. S5 because it was ugly as fuck, had the shitty USB3 plug and the shittiest fingerprint scanner. S6 didn't have microSD slot.
S7 seems alright, although they really fucked up by not going with USB C.

s5 is basically the worst shit ive ever had. I switched from an 5s to it and god was it a mistake.
>ugly as hell
>slow as fuck (camera takes atleast 2 seconds to open)
>batterly life is decent
>fingerprint scanner is crap
it just never felt like a flagship phone.
I really wanna get the s7 but I fear it´ll deliver the same experience, minus the quality maybe.

Do Samsung phones still go slow as heck after one year of usage?

Kill switch?

S1 was glorious for its time
S2 was even better, goat for sure
S3 was middling in that weird spot Android was in while figuring out tablets while Samsung released a new phone every Android update instead of updating other things
S4 was decent, it's still smooth and has a real nice screen
S5 was good, really great battery life but the water proofing and usb3 adapter felt half assed in design.
S6 was okay, definitely didn't enjoy the battery drain though
S7/edge feels like Samsung has found its step timing, this, the edge, is the best Samsung I've ever owned.

As for note series, the note 1 was eh, note 2 was great, note 3 was goat, note 4 was alright but had battery issues and the metal frame was easily scratched, the note 5 was alright but in light of the note 7 falling into the sd card and water resistant zone of the s7/e i would say that this note will be the new goat. Although, 820

Looks like I had a better experience with it. I had to use touchjizz because I didn't want to void my warranty but it surprisingly didn't lag. Still flashed CM13 and it is even better and gets daily builds. Although there was an user saying that some S5s perform like shit whereas some work just fine.

I have the S7 edge, there's little to worry about, if you didn't like the S5 then the S7 is dissimilar enough to be a device you may like. USB C is on the note 7 so you could always go that route.

Question:
I'm currently using my sister's hand-me-down S5 with a shattered screen after my Nexus 4 broke; but I'm about to hop onto a new contract.

Should I go for the S7, S7 Edge or Note 7?
They're $70, $80 and $95/month respectively on the cheapest plans, and while I think a Note 7 would be good for the stylus (since I've grown to despise touch-screens) I'm suspicious as to how effective touchjizz is.

Also I'm learning Mandarin via self-study and pen control will be handy for Hanzi stroke order, etc. Plus I'm hoping to reconvene tertiary study next year and it should generally be useful for note-taking.

Went directly from S2 to S7.

I own S7 edge and it's great. I was using S6 which has terrible battery life.
If you need stylus then go for note 7.
I don't recommend you getting phones from plans.

I was thinking about getting a note 7 (which shouldnt be different from the s7 edge)

Should I just preorder it or wait for the new Nexus devices?

>I don't recommend you getting phones from plans.
I understand why you'd say that, but outright phone prices in Australia are extortionate; with a plan I actually save about $1000, plus it's insured.

Anyway I'm leaning towards the note now.
Thanks. I only wish we got the 6GB RAM model.

Nice. I would get Note 7 but I had to buy phone fast.

Micro SD card slot, good battery life, great custom ROM support, waterproof, decent camera. What's not to like? I'm perfectly happy with my S5 and HTC 10 is probably going to be my next phone.

Note 2 + S2 were godlike for their time.

I hear that you can still run CM13 stable on the S2

S6 is probably the worst Galaxy phone Samsung has ever made. Sure, it looked great, but there's no micro SD card slot, it wasn't waterproof, multi-tasking performance was a joke and the battery life wasn't that great either. Apart from no micro SD card support, S6 and S7 don't have unlockable bootloaders and as a result of that - very limited custom ROM support. TouchWiz is getting better, but it still stutters, even on the S7. You don't even have a choice since the S5 - you're stuck with TouchWiz, whether you like or not.

dont forget usb 3.0 support. lmaoing at usb 2.0 scrubs

I just used my cousins S2 and it's pretty shit even compared to my Samsung A7.

I have to admit that the fingerprint scanner isn't great and I personally don't use it, even though it has gotten better with software updates. Eh, it was the first Galaxy phone with a fingerprint scanner, so, you couldn't really expect much. I feel that the iris scanner on the Note 7 is going to be the same way, until the technology matures.

This, although marshmallow and rom support is a problem if you have anything other than the international version.

Fortunately I have the international version so everything is perfect IMO except the lack of 60fps recording support but a friend of mine has the exynos model. Rom support is inexistant except a barely functional one that looks like a 12 year old's wet dream. Samsung didn't bother updating it so he's stuck on lollipop.

Nevertheless, I probably will use this for a long time as waterproof phones with expandable storage and removable batteries are rare.

Galaxy Nexus = best

it just works for the most part, but any kind of moisture on the finger makes it act weird. also doesnt work with the Goodlock app on android 6.0.1. cool feature but im not giving up goodlock for it.

I have 6s edge and I think it works great, battery life is acceptable, it will last very long with the right settings heck even for 2 days if you want to

opinion discarded, the note 4 is the best note. 4>2>3>shit

are you kidding? Note 4 is the goatest of them all. Absolutely complete package

Can confirm s7edge is amazingly good
Insane battery life with the exynos

Edge is a gimmick, but Samsung deliberately the edge variant ''popular'' by including a bigger battery. S7's bootloader isn't unlockable. It's definitely not amazing in my book.

Deliberately made the*

Don't know why people hating on s6,
No waterproof, but if you most likely never go outside and you have got to be autistic to drop water on it.
Batter drain, The S2 Is just as bad but a battery pack is something that be should usually have.

>note 4
>battery drain and "scratchy" metal frame
are you fucking kidding me

I've only ever used an S2 and an S3 out of the lineup. I loved the S2 the most but the battery life was abysmal. I was lucky if I could reach 2.5 hours SoT, which was rare in the first place.

It's a slow piece of shit by today's standards. Even the currently marketed piece of shit Galaxy On5 would blow the Galaxy S2 out of the water and shit down it's neck.

>battery drain
bullshit I own one and it has an awesome battery life only eclipsed by the note 7 because it has an even bigger battery
>scratchy metal frame
Yeah. I have a scratch on mine that nicked the paint job. There is also a lot of micro scratches near the usb port from the failed insertions.

Cyanogen mod makes it new again.

I mean it IS bigger in size too

I agree the edge is a bit weird and not really necessary but it's not bad either

n4 is a pain to repair, n3 is superior in reparability

wasn't that normal for that generation of phones? phones were smaller as well as the battery

Take proper care of your phone in the first place

I have the S6 and it is brilliant

>fantastic camera
>fantastic display
>last 2-3 days without charging
>speaker is easily the best I've had on any phone
>buttons are very tactile and responsive, high quality
>fingerprint scanner works really fast
>64GB of onboard storage which I won't fill up entirely so more than enough for me and I don't miss an SD slot.
>very fast under the newest android version

I also watch quite a lot of video's on my smartphone, so the degraded speaker on the S7 is a big turn off for me to buy it.

>touchwizz
theyre all shit

they had some serious lemons here and there.

get a note from ebay to do your practice then. flash that fucker and enjoy.

contracts are like those rent a center places. everything is only this much a week, but end up costing 2-3x as much with financing

>2-3 days without charging

Wtf man. The battery for me and many other people is terrible. I got 3 hours SOT from 100 to 0%. Now on my S7 edge I get 7-8 hours

Do you have the 820? I get 11 hours sot easy on my s7edge exynos

Nope. I'm exynos too. What apps do you have?

I'm not a heavy user.

Yet the battery life is very comparable to what I had on the one plus one, which was known for its great batterylife

Well I dont have any games and I stay away from apps that are known for their high battery consumption (like snapchat) other than that I watch a lot of YouTube and TV shows I have on my SD card. I use gpm for music

explain

I'm running Offical CM13 8-10-2016 nightlies on my vzw n2

super fucking GOAT
it spins circles around the N7 I tried in stores with touchwhiz

I've always liked my s3, was the right size and felt nice to hold and use. cm13 going on it decently but mine has a worn out usb port. will need to get that repaired sometime.

i use an s5 currently, sprint branded with ringplus, left it stock since it still gets updates. finger print scanner isn't that great, unreliable if trying to unlock while driving (i have it on a mount) resorted to just turning on voice unlock for that.

I drive a lot, so I have waze and tune in radio apps up, can get around 5-6 hours with waze and tunein open and screen on

S5>S7E>S7>S4>S6E+>S3>S6>S2>S1

I think I still have the very first one in a cardboard box somewhere in the basement, it no longer works though.

>nova launcher and goodlock
>CyanogenMod

please kill yourself

Sony makes superior phones, buy Xperia

S6 edge+ user here, it's I might as well buy a land line cause I'm always plugged into the fucking wall

S5 hands down. For £160 it's a good deal. Mine over clocks to 2.8ghz. Water proof, SD slot, okay battery life, decent screen. I've owned mine two years and have yet to leave a visible mark on the screen. I don't use a case or screen protector of any kind. Camera is okay but over sharpens the images.

Now please deposit £0.02 into my bank acount.

Been using an S1 for the last 4 years, only have an S5 a few days now. AMA

S5 above them all for functionality, shame the design is the worst of other flagship

my S6 edge gets about 10 hours if i'm not really doing any thing.

average amount of texting and use will make it about 7-8

heavy use, internet browsing, etc can make it as short as 4-5 hours

got a verticle purple line going down the center of the screen every now and then. pixel fix app fixes it immediately, sometimes so does simply turning the screen on and off.

dropped it dozens of times even from about 5 feet to concrete, no screen or glass cracking at all

buttons are nice. im still typing this useless post to procrastinate looking for a new job and other responsibilities

camera is amazing quality but suffers at night (maybe they all do im no good with settings and such shit)

its a cool phone overall. needs better battery life.glass back is just like another screen that needs to constantly be wiped down and shit

Are you serious? Just replace the battery, install and run ForceDoze. 5 min job each. Sexus 5 is a great phone.