/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/astrada/google-drive-ocamlfuse
amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_three_br_0?fst=as:off&rh=n:172282,n:541966,n:13896617011,n:565108,n:13896615011,k:laptop,p_n_feature_five_browse-bin:7817224011|13580791011|13580790011|13580789011|13580788011,p_n_feature_four_browse-bin:2289792011,p_n_feature_fourteen_browse-bin:2057441011,p_n_graphics_type_browse-bin:14292273011,p_n_feature_three_browse-bin:9647486011|13580801011|13580800011&keywords=laptop&ie=UTF8&qid=1470837552&rnid=9647481011
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there a relatively easy way to make only one program in windows connect through an OpenVPN connection?

reposting for new bread
Thanks again

How do I call, and implement a method from another class properly in C# ?

Example pls

Ayy senpai I had a retarded idea that's kinda working

I got a seedbox for life off of cloudatcost on sale and it's been working a treat for years, however the storage is a bit lacking and today I had the horrid idea to just make a shit ton of google accounts and mount all the google drive accounts on it for more free storage for life, and it's been going well and I'm using github.com/astrada/google-drive-ocamlfuse for the mounting however transmission doesn't recognize the files in there.

I just wanna upload from these drives, but when I cp the files over (works a treat) and smack verify it gets about a second into verifying and then pretends I never hit verify in the first place (in transmission web interface).

What gives?

Easy way? No.
The nearest thing that I know of would be finding the ip range of the servers this program connects to and then messing with the Windows routing table to force OpenVPN as the default gateway for that range (the OpenVPN host has to be configured to support this, not all do). However this will affect all the programs trying to connect to those IP addresses, not only the program you want to.

Reposting in this thread.

Is there a way I can drag and drop individual entries in my start bar, rather than just groups of the same program? Like if I have 5 explorer windows open and want to reorder them.

Can the A6-6400K handle a budget home theater build by itself? Also the motherboard I plan to use(FM2-A75IA-E53) needs a bios upgrade to be compatible, is this easy and free to do?

yes
i have a cheaper less powerful amd apu that can play 1080 p youtube easily

my title bars are stuck in aidwata theme and fxce theme manager isnt working.

Any fixes?

I'm searching for a new server which low electricity input and 24/7 running. It shouldn't be cost more than 450€. I want to run an CentOS with different VM's for OpenVPN, RADIUS, DNS, Icinga2, ...
Any tips or hardware guides? Iam a absolutly big fgt in pc/server hardware.

>linux 4.2.0
dayum

also, you're running compiz, not xfwm

Do any of strangely feel demotivated to program sometimes because it's so lonely doing it alone?

What's the best calendar service for Windows? I'd use Google but I'm paranoid. Should I just use it anyway?

You're too sober.

thats stupid

Aight hear me out Sup Forums. I need soemthing very specific. I need some site or something, a link anyone can click that would instantly show to whoever clicks it what I need. And what I need is something like this.
Suppose I want to show everyone in the world my schedule, for whatever it is that I am doing. Something like, I will set on that site that I will be doing this from 7:00 - 14:00.
And then, whoever clicks on the site, will see these time numbers translated into their timezones. So I will set it from 7:00 my time, but someone in a +6 time zone will see it as 13:00.
Or if something like this doesn't exist, I need a timezone converter for dummies. Shit is complicated.

Why does this album art always show up even if that file doesn't have any art?

It's always the same picture too.

My keyboard keeps switching from windows UK to how the keyboard actually is (it's a mechanical something keyboard) e.g the SHIFT 2 gives me @ instead of " like it would on UK windows which I have.

It doesn't always do this how do I switch it back? It seems to do it at random?

Deluge or qBittorrent for Windows?

The HDD is broken, so I don't care.
It's possible to remove the center screw? It's hard as fuck. I just want to remove the platters because they are cute.

So something freaked me out yesterday and I thought I'd ask. I turned my computer on the sleep setting, it turned off, no sound and then I left the room. When I came back the computer was on with the login password thing up, so I put in my password and the chrome pages I had up previously were gone.

I don't know what the fuck happened or how it could have happened. Sup Forums is not my home board so it could quite possibly be something easily explainable so I just wanted to see out of curiosity.

inb4 it was a ghost

I have a USB device (GPS receiver) that, when I plug it into the motherboard (either direct or USB ports on case), will not be recognized by windows. When I plug it into a USB hub it works fine. How to fix?

does anyone know about "gaming laptops?" My friend is looking at getting one and asked for advice. Every one that I look at is $1500+ for a low-end i7 and the mobile 960. Are they all that bad?

Sure can, they're tight though. It's a torx screw.

I like deluge, but qbittorrent is supposed to have some cool features, read up on both, see which one you like

How many torrents you expect to have active simultaneously?

When I use xrandr to setup multiple displays, the splash in the top-left of the screen never disappears (e.g. the colored box with [monitor name][output ID]). How2fix?

I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro

what exactly do I have to do to enable the Bash for windows thing? Do I update to a beta build of windows through Windows Update? Is there some other download somewhere? What?

Torx wrench.
You will get a bunch in any medium quality set of drivers from amazon. I would really suggest getting a small 30$ set.

You can sometimes use a hex head as well, or if you are lucky, a flathead.

so i switched to linux mint a few weeks ago. i have a HD filled with music but it's ntfs. i've been googling around reading about how safe it is to copy to ntfs on linux but i'm still not quite sure what to think

should i be worried about it?

Any recommendations on GFX card. I was thinking Rx 480 so if I wanted to I could add VR but I am not a big PC gamer (do have XB1 though so I think games share or will soon). I do do some CAD/Solidworks Modeling stuff from time to time and want to edit 4k video from my gopro.

I saw a mattress firm commercial that said you should replace your mattress every 8 years. Is there any scientific basis for this or are they just trying to sell more mattresses?

Just trying to sell more. A good mattress will last at least twice that long

yes.
Just get a good laptop with similar specs. The "gaming" branding bumps the price up by 400$

amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_three_br_0?fst=as:off&rh=n:172282,n:541966,n:13896617011,n:565108,n:13896615011,k:laptop,p_n_feature_five_browse-bin:7817224011|13580791011|13580790011|13580789011|13580788011,p_n_feature_four_browse-bin:2289792011,p_n_feature_fourteen_browse-bin:2057441011,p_n_graphics_type_browse-bin:14292273011,p_n_feature_three_browse-bin:9647486011|13580801011|13580800011&keywords=laptop&ie=UTF8&qid=1470837552&rnid=9647481011

has a bunch of filters for what you probably want (8+gb ram, screen resolutions 1080p or above, quad core i7, dedicated GPU)

its fine.

What's the difference between SE and CS?

Thanks. I have the torx, it's just that the screw is very tight.

try some loctite remover... screw loosener, whatever that stuff is that you spray on it.

Is the ASUS ZenBook UX305CA a good laptop for uni?

Where to find kmspico ?

How good is yahoo and Bing compared to google? Sometimes searx and startpage give shit results and I don't want to use google.

thanks.

laptops seem to be a racket. anything with a good graphics card has 16+gig of ram and an i7, neither of which you need to play games, which is all he wants to do with it

Deluge is heavier resource compared to qBittorret for large no of torrent. (GUI)

if you buying that one don't forget to have external HDD, and run linux

just DDG it

how much should I offer for a used 750ti?
they retail 100 euros in my country

>DDG it
What?

Is buying an Ideapad 100s for $150 completely retarded? I would use it as just a throw around machine that I could take wherever.

The version on the "official" site install tons of adware even if you don't choose to

If it's still under warranty then b/w 70 - 90
If not, and not in good condition (physically) then

DDG = DuckDuckGo

DuckDuckGo (DDG for short)
You will get many links, dl from any of them.

We have dreamspark, so i was planning on getting win 8.1 and dual booting linux if it doesn't affect battery life. Why would i need an external? I semi plan to use my desktop as server/ssh

What's wrong with using google?

mydigitallife ok?

will try with 50 and raise a little if he ask so, he didn't stated so probably not under warranty

A jewish data mining website

WTF? I hate google now.

I was talking about DDG. The guy who founded it is literally jewish.

How can i delete everything about vim neovim?
I want to delete every fucking config file and do fresh installation

I just ordered a 6700k to replace my 6600k.
Was this a bad idea and should I cancel it?

I'm doing it because I don't want to replace my CPU for another 6 years or so and thought the i7 would be good for that. The less min fps drop in games is nice too. I'm scared of the heat it'll put out though. That's why I got rid of my fx9590 in the first place

hello Sup Forums i require your assistance

i did a hard reset for my computer and when it was supposed to start up windows it went into overdrive, fans running in full speed, with a black screen. After 20 min it was still the same then it suddenly shit down on its own. i am only able to go into the bios. It ust seemed windows just wasn't installed so i tried to do it from the bios with a flash drive but still i'm not able to get windows on my drive. Is that just my ssd that is fucked?

How do you go back to the previous directory on CMD?

for example

I am on desktop and go to documents, how do I go back to desktop with one simple command?

You're trolling I hope. If not, you're completely unable to judge viability.

??

bump

Is it normal that I got an erection when my doctor was fingering my prostate? He didn't say anything but I feel embarrassed. I wonder if he thinks I'm gay now.

Use a bootable USB with Linux on it to see what's the status of the drive.

>I'm doing it because I don't want to replace my CPU for another 6 years or so and thought the i7 would be good for that.

the 6600k has no hyperthreading and is clocked at 3.5ghz instead of 4ghz, if you put your 6600k to 4ghz it's basically the same chip minus 4 threads

in practice it will only ever make a difference under extreme cpu load like video rendering (gpus do it better), hash cracking (gpus do it FAR better) or for running SEVERAL high thread count programs near max load (as overclocking will give better performance than an extra core unless your program uses both a lot of cores and uses them to their max)

tl;dr you dun goofed

Anyone know any good portable chargers?
Going on holiday soon, hoping to get a 10k-20k mah one for the journey, but I can't tell which ones are valid and which ones are chinkshit

In newer versions of firefox the one click bookmark star has it's behavior changed a little.

Before if you clicked the star, the color would change and that would be it. If you wanted to change stuff you'd click it again to drop down a menu.

In newer versions it will automatically drop down a menu to give you options. Then you have to click again to close that menu.

Is there a way to bring back the previous behavior?

monoprice chargers are ok.
Same with Anker, and Ravpower.

All are rebadged in some way or another though. Who's isn't anymore?

You've just thrown away a bunch of money. I hope you're gonna sell your 6600k,how much do you think you can get for it?

Buying a cpu now before zen is a rather bad idea, especially when you don't need to. We can finally hope for significant improvements in cpus again since Sandy.

Having a system for long is just a bad idea. Since higher end parts are less price efficient, you'll have a better and cheaper system over all if you upgrade a bit more often and buy midrange.

The difference between your two cpus aren't very big.

Forgot to say. I have a monoprice charger personally. For charging purposes it works just fine (~$20 for 10,000 mAh). But for something like powering a raspberry pi....it cant produce a consistent 5V. Under load it drops randomly, ranging from 4.7V to 5.12V.

try classic theme restorer, it has an option to hide the default star menu.
never used that button, so not sure if it's what you're looking for.

You might have to write a custom proxy server that sends all packets from your program on to the tun/tap interface and the rest to the regular interface.

The hardest parts will be determining which packets belong to your desired program and also what interface you should use for your regular packets

Is the hub powered? If yes then your PC might not be providing the required current for it to work properly

There are some tutorials. But in short.

> Enable insider builds
> Get the latest insider build
> Enable developer mode
> Enable bash on Ubuntu on Windows from the windows features dialog

Most schools have public catalogs right? Why not take a look at a software engineering curriculum and a cs curriculum and work out the differences for yourself?

I have SSD with Windows installed and one hardrive for other shit. I have used ccleaners wipe on the hard drive once before and couldn't recover anything from it. How about the SSD? I want it completely clean.

i would have returned it to amazon. I would then have paid 100 dollars to upgrade to the i7.
And that all sounds good. At this point i'll likely stick with the 6600k

the goof has not been dunned since i was able to cancel the order ;)
Thanks for the advice my man

Is there a way to get Windows 10 without having to pay now that the free upgrade time is up?

My second monitor has all of a sudden stopped working when I restart windows.

>2nd monitor displays motherboard screen shit
>2nd monitor displays windows loading screen
>jumps to 1st monitor with the lock screen appearing momentarily until desktop appears
>2nd monitor is black
>have to turn 2nd monitor off and on to get it to work

Never happened before until today, annoying, have Nvidia 970 gfx card.

How to fix?

If I install new RAM and my conputer makes a loud ass beeping noise when I tried to turn it on, thats bad right?

What type of ssd is it? Certain ones come with software in a CD to wipe everything. I was able to do this with my samsung 850 for a factory reset.

mydigitallife.info

But you should probably use Daz loader instead. It's on the same site.

did you install/disconnect/connect anything else in the process?

It's not anormal

Need your help Sup Forums.
Not tech-savvy but I want to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 351 with an AMD Athlon 64 x2 4800+ CPU. Is it compatible?

Thanks

Just a hard drive. It's been disconnected until I fix the current problem.

thats a POST code, its telling you theres somethign wrong with either the RAM or with which slots you have the RAM in. go find your mobo's user manual to learn more by the length of the beeps

Which DE's work best with fedora?

I think i don't have any cd's that could've come along with it. It's Samsung 840 Evo. I think i'll need to check if it's possible to download that from somewhere

fluxbox for all distros

Samnsung magician its on the samsung website...

Got it. Mobo was freaking out cause it thought there was no RAM installed. Turns out I didn't have them pressed I hard enough.

Is it bad for mobo to be hitting 60 C during a graphically intensive game?

no

Should I buy a microphone if I don't have any friends?
I haven't used skype or had a friend since 2013, but a real mic is so cheap now.