AMD is Dying

Look at these sales numbers for GPUs. The whole market is down, but AMD is way way down. This is in millions of sales btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/10544/tul-shutsdown-vtx3d-graphics-cards-brand
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you don't reply this post, your CPU will explode

2016 they did a bit better I believe

My CPU is fine, it's not an AMD house fire.

Doesn't surprise me considering the price-performance ratio is way lower than Nvidia's numbers.

Samsung should just buy them out already

ITT Sup Forums will show once again why /biz/ laughs at this board.

Meanwhile AMD controls 100% of the home console market

Rumor is they are selling their GPU division to Intel

I hate AMD and hope they die soon. Intel/Nvidia master race all the way! Paying more for better quality isn't a bad deal.

makes sense. I just figure Samsung buys them for peanuts and uses them for all their "Smart" bullshit. A bunch of Chinese government contract companies have also been rumored to buy them.

Intel is more prone to exploding thanks to that backdoor thermal exploit

amd can't do shit, they sign nda to QUALCOMM so they won't release amd card/gpu into mobile market. They're dead soon.

>AMD is dying
I've been hearing this since 2006, when are they finally dying?

This year honest. I was totally mistaken about those previous years but this time i'm certain of their demise! All the new contracts they have secured are just lies.

I give them about 4 years max.

You idiot...
Even if you like Nvidia and Intel you're better off with them having a competitor

>"I give them about 4 years max."
- user, 2006

In 2006 they were actually doing pretty well, fairly evenly matched with Nvidia.

Not so much today.

AMD has had an upswing in the last few months, not a huge one admittedly but still its just the first step to regaining marketshare which is basically RTG's (and the cpu side of the business) main goal.

AMD is no competitor

That looks really bad. I hope they regain some market share because I feel they are the only company in the CPU/GPU market that isn't full jew.

(You)

They are for now

i blame all those youtube tech reviewers for this

I'm nvidiafag but I really hope AMD don't die
Monopoly is always bad

I hope they do so nvidia gets broken up by monopoly laws

big if true

good

They need to either jump ahead some way or die and let whatever is next come next.

Phonecpu

But it's 2016 slowpoke. 7 months into it even. That fake chart isn't relevant to anything at all.

Damn you,

Uhh that "fake chart" is directly from here:

"Firstly, the available market for discrete desktop graphics cards shrank from around 68.4 million units in 2011 to approximately 44 million units in 2015, according to data by Jon Peddie Research. It is important to note that while sales of higher-end enthusiast-class graphics cards increased in 2015, shipments of low-end adapters has declined. Secondly, sales of AMD’s standalone desktop GPUs also significantly dropped in the recent years: from around 27 million in 2011 to 8.88 million in 2015 (based on data from JPR). Given the shrunk TAM (total addressable market), both for GPUs and for Radeon, it might not make sense for TUL to support so many brands at all."

anandtech.com/show/10544/tul-shutsdown-vtx3d-graphics-cards-brand

Yeah two Nvidias would be great desu senpai, now that would be some real competition.

Or just price fixing.

>leaves out data from 2016
Epic Sup Forums shill.
The RX 480 wasn't that great but it really helped AMD survive a bit more, also they now have that SSG shit that looks fucking amazing, but since it's not for gayming you niggers don't give a fuck.

>kill everything I don't like
You need to be at least 18 years old to post here, kid.

>PC market is dying.

PC market is healthier than ever. If anything those stats only show that 5 to 10 years ago more people, especially in developing countries just started buying PCs and 4 years later they simply have no reason or money to upgrade. That's all.

Maybe. Hard to say why the whole market is down.

Those radeon pro ssg cards are wonderful for showing how stupid Sup Forums really is.

fuck off

but user amd is run by jews aswell. and a hadji.

really?

how about blaming amd's marketing failures, consistent lying about pricing and product effectiveness, consistent re-releasting of the same products, and lack of proper driver releases.

True

>consistently making shit up and blowing normal things out of proportions
They are not the ones to blame for you being a virgin, you know?

>2015
WAIT for this year :^)

>nvidia is the best amd should go bankrupt so nvidia has zero competition!

Its back up to 30% stop posting this outdated shit

ye

not only monopoly, but competition also makes for better tech faster

stickman with the red hat is right

Netcraft confirms

that;s her hair

OEM and server are all that matters. If AyyMD can get Zen into system builders and servers, they win.

looks like a hat

AMD just launched rebrands with more RAM and better energy eficiency in 2015. The only new card was the Fury series, wich wasn't that competitive in price/performance. Still, since RX480 announcement their stocks is starting to rise. Most investors believe they will become profitable again by 2017.

You idiots who want them to die, realize that Nvidia would be a monopoly and could price their GPUs at whatever they want, right?

Nvidia already lies about the GB in their models and have class action lawsuits against them, imagine how high of a markup they'd put on their new stuff if AMD died.

idiot. they didn't release anything in 2015