RX 460 thread. Where is the $99 RX460 AMD advertised?

RX 460 thread. Where is the $99 RX460 AMD advertised?

Where is DAT KAWAII RX 460 itx card as pictured.

Dear AMD, please stop shooting yourself in the foot and messing up.

Other urls found in this thread:

hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/71760-intel-skylake-i5-6500-i5-6400-i3-6100-review-9.html
techpowerup.com/forums/threads/gaming-benchmarks-core-i7-6700k-hyperthreading-test.219417/
jet.com/product/SAPPHIRE-Radeon-RX-470-100407-4GOCL-4GB-256-Bit-GDDR5-PCI-Express-30-x16-HDCP-Re/fa93c89bd188406c8e64bbbd67077f2e
evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-3973-RX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>DAT KAWAII RX460

I want one user, but I too wish AMD would stop lying about the pricing. They did that with the RX480 and then overpriced the RX470.

It's like AMD wants me to go to Nvidia.

Just buy a GTX960.

>A thread about a $99 GPU
>Recommends a $200 GPU.

Just buy a GTX1060 mini.

Fuck off, shill.

Price in Europe :

>2GB model at 120€
>4GB model at 150€

What are the performances ?

It performs a little better than the GTX 950 in most titles, especially in Vulkan games.

It's a worthwhile purchase at $99-$110

Nothing more.

GTX 1060
GTX 1050

The GTX 1050 isn't out yet.
The RX 460 is the 750Ti of 2016.
It's the 1080p value king.

vs. RX 480
>RX 460, 50% performance, 66% price
>RX 470, 85% performance, 95% price
Why

But your $99 GPU is shit , He was only recommending the better option.

>looks at review sites testing it at top tier i7 CPUs

what the fuck? Why don't they test it at CPUs that users at this range will be using?

Shit always shoots up in price when high demand.

Source: Ive been shopping for haswell-e refresh processors.

The only recommendation I have is to check your brick and mortar stores. I have great luck at local microcenter.

To avoid CPU bottlenecks

>Where is the $99 RX460 AMD advertised
They took a page out of nvidia's playbook and turned the jewery past 10

And mislead users who are most likely using an older i3 or i5 or FX 6xxx or 4xxx cpus thinking they will have same performance just like in review.

Only a few sites conduct tests where they test it with top tier cpus AND some CPUs that are lower tier and most likely the more common user will have

Nano 2 when
More cute small cards are needed

CPU has been show not to mean shit once you have a quad core anyways. They do it to absolutely avoid bottlenecks in case a game managed to actually use a processor properly.

Vega Nano would be hnnng

>960 cant do dx12
nice card, its shit

>tfw building my second gaymin' computer after using a crummy APU budget build for three years as my main machine
>poorfag

>finally get a job after being a NEET all this time and have disposable income (living with parents, not in college) even though it's a minimum wage job

>i5 6500, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, Corsair 500W PSU, nice gaymin' motherboard and case with nice features all ready and shipped.

>RX 480 4GB Out of Stock/8GB overpriced
>RX 470 overpriced/out of stock
>RX 460 shit price/perform ratio
>Notion that the GTX 1060 eventually will be gimped, far slower than RX 480. Overpriced.
>need a card to last me for years
>$200-250 max.

What is the card destined for me, Sup Forums? I'm sick and tired of waiting for these paper launch ass-looking motherfuckers.

R9 380X 4gb.

470 might be your best best, I don't think the 480 will ever be going for 240 usd and the 4GB model pretty much doesn't exist.

This you idiot

he's already a fucking homosex for buying the i5-6500

>no HT because lulz
>no OC because lulz
>no ECC because lulz
>lower Turbo than stock single core thread on i3-6100

i5 CPUs exist to separate the money from the fool.

don't forget he got a "gaymin' motherboard" so that he could have all those BIOS features disabled.

I'll look into those cards, anons. Thanks.

s-stop roasting me for my decisions, please

I got the i5 6500 for $150 and ASrock Z170 MOBO for $90. I could technically overclock the base clock with a BIOS downgrade, but I don't really care for overclocking as long as I'm getting at least 60 FPS 1080P and 30-40 FPS 1440P. I personally don't think I need ECC or hyper threading, though. I looked at benchmarks with the i5 6500 vs the i3 6100 and made my judgement from there. Plus it was only about $30 more for a quad core processor, but what the hell do I know I just want to play video games decently without breaking the bank.

First build in years and I know fuck all about these smaller features

Honestly at $150 you still should have gone for something else - maybe an FX chip in all honesty, but at least an i3. No point in spending big when you'll just have to upgrade to an i7 eventually anyway, user.

You dun goofed; could have been getting that performance with a damn Athlon.

Now that I'm through roasting you even more because you showed weakness instead of belligerent ignorance (what most i5 users display), I'm going to say that you'll do fine. Everyone makes mistakes. The 380X is a nice pairing. On the Nvidia side, a fast 960 or 970 would also make a good purchase.

3550 reporting in

What the fuck are you talking about? i5s are ok for gaymin. Explain yourself, trips.

>belligerent ignorance (what most i5 users display)

trips called it

Don't listen to this faggot who is convicing himself he made a good buy with his i7. HT is useless in games, and i3 is fucking shit with only two physical cores. i5 is the most sensible choice for gaming.

let the hate flow through you.

i3 performs better than your shit in single threaded games and runs games which need 4 threads just fine

i7 is better for gaming and doing other stuff at the same time, like recording. It also provides more insurance against very thread-heavy situations in games like BF4 when online. Will probably matter in Battlefield 1.

>I don't have any answer
>let's call him ignorant for asking a question

>it's okay when Nvidia does it

okay.

The RX 460 is actually shit. Worse than a GTX 950.

That's the point.

All manufacturers have review guidelines that reviewers have to adhere to or risk losing their freebies. That's why no one found out about 3.5gb or lower number parts until much later on.

>thinking he was actually asking a question instead of validating his own decision in his mind

The majority of normies buy the 6600k don't even overclock they just get it for being the fastest mist expensive i5, when all they really need is the 4 cores and that sweet sweet intel single threaded performance. In most games that i5 will be on par or better than that i3 because the clock difference is negligible but the core difference can't be accommodated for in many of the modern games that use more than 2 threads.

Hyperthreading doesn't help games, and in some even hurts the performance.

ECC you can only get on xeon or AMD, and also won't help games.

>Far slower
Topkek

2 months and there are barely any rx on the market.
A true paperlaunch.

>amd: pay less, get shit performance and compatibility
>nvidia: pay more, smooth sailing

it's simple really. as long as you buy from respected brands, in technology you get what you pay for. nvidia is ALWAYS at the top of the charts, if you spend less prepare to run into problems with amd. just spend the extra $50-100 and get a reliable nvidia product, idiots.

it's a supported card, even the shit ass 950 does it

That's a beautiful lie, user. Hyperthreading is just a virtual additional thread. So long as you're not topping out any one thread, it's not going to hurt anything at all.

might want to put on some depends, you're about to get booty-blasted:

hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/71760-intel-skylake-i5-6500-i5-6400-i3-6100-review-9.html

>try to sell something for $100
>people keep buying it for $120 and up
What is the free market?

If he's going for the $99 is probably for a reason, otherwise you could just tell him to get a 1080.

Your link supports my point that the single threaded difference is negligible as the 6500 is neck and neck with the i3s in some great pulls by a decent margin in others.

Also hyperthreading is useless in games as most cores are pegged at high usage. It has been documented by multiple sources to not help games and sometimes even loses fps.

techpowerup.com/forums/threads/gaming-benchmarks-core-i7-6700k-hyperthreading-test.219417/

Rather the evidence supports my theory that your additional cores don't really do much for you. Moreover, the i7s really do outperform the i5s, even when the i5s enjoy one or two architecture cycles over them.

And that's not even getting into the issues revolving around multitasking, multiplayer experience (not usually part of benchmarks due to variability), and frametime variance, which is well-documented to favor highly-threaded systems and can be a dealbreaker in games.

You quote a dude in a forum, so I'll offer my observation that my Xeon W3680 outperforming i5-2500Ks in Planetside 2 was not a fluke.

>Also hyperthreading is useless in games as most cores are pegged at high usage

If the game relies heavily on the cpu and is not gpu bound. I've noticed my 4790 doesn't even break a sweat paired with a 280x, and previously a 760. I'd say flash videos stress it even more than games themselves, there's plenty of time while it's waiting for the gpu to perform work at the 2nd thread

you have autism stop posting

I bought a 970 for $230 with a $30 MIR recently, am also waiting for the Nvidia lawsuit to finalize so I can get another $30. It should amount to $190 after taxes (cali).

You can get an RX 470 from here:

jet.com/product/SAPPHIRE-Radeon-RX-470-100407-4GOCL-4GB-256-Bit-GDDR5-PCI-Express-30-x16-HDCP-Re/fa93c89bd188406c8e64bbbd67077f2e

And use the code SHOP15 to get $30 off. Should amount to $170, which is a pretty good deal for the performance. 480s are either overpriced or nowhere to be found, 1060s are good but a bit pricey, 970s cost the same as 1060s, unless you can find good deals. So really your only viable options are a 470 or a 1060. You can lurk for a 480 but good luck with that. The 470 is easily the best perf/dollar card (if priced properly at $180ish) out right now.

If you want cheap Nvidia, EVGA is selling refurbed 970s for $190. Comes with a 1 year warranty. You won't get that $30 from Nvidia though. Still, it performs better than the 470 for an extra $20.

evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-3973-RX

PS2 is a heavily single threaded game, it's an unoptimized piece of shit

hahahaha, 2012 is calling, they want you back.

PS2 received a massive fucking overhaul when they ported it to PS4, care to guess why?

Similar, I just bought a 980 for £200.

>no OC because lulz
>paying 50% more for AT BEST 5% performance increase
LOL i# line is pure cancer. and needs to die already.

the MOBO for AM3+ is usualy half the price of shitty overpriced intel MOBOs too

nvidia flat out told people that their version of cars would be more expensive and gave no indication of third party card pricing. silence isn't a lie.

amd consistently lies to you.

>no ECC because lulz
ECC RAM costs so fucking much.

who gives a real shit? the game has less than 3000 consistent players, daybreak is going to kill the online servers before the end of 2017.

>value king
>gets stomped by the 950

>That RX 470 link

You are godlike, user.

nvidia is cancer.
they bought physx so that game devs would have to put more effort into making their games nice on AMD card. the maker of physx hated nvidia for this shit. especially when AMD gpus are more than capable of having the same performance/graphic quality
970 3.5gb meme
fermi housefires
the list is endless

I typically do ITX builds. For my AM3+ build I had to use an Matx motherboard.

Another point. AM3+ boards are just as expensive as Z97 boards.

are there no new half-height vid cards?

Is this graph wrong or is the 470 better than the 480? I just want a 1080p gaming card don't need anything higher.

I thought the same thing you do. The 470 with the aftermarket cooler and oc'd outperforms the stock reference 480

It reminds me of the AIBOC'D GTX 670's that outperformed the stock reference GTX 680.

Those prices are fucked up for both cards.

the RX 460 is faster, uses less power, has proper dx12 support and is cheaper.

the 950 was never good at all

i think the 470 will have a slight edge in 1080p gaymin while the 480 has the vr capability

only htpc/slim compat cards I found were 750ti and r7 250, no new'uns afaik

>ECC RAM costs so fucking much.
$5-8 bucks for used server memory. My home server has 32 gigs ECC I bought for $28

>Hyperthreading is just a virtual additional thread. So long as you're not topping out any one thread, it's not going to hurt anything at all.
In games that don't use more than four cores, it robs the cores of cache compared to an i7 with HTT turned off. There are also the fun instances of games crashing in certain cases with HTT enabled.
>Moreover, the i7s really do outperform the i5s, even when the i5s enjoy one or two architecture cycles over them.
In highly threaded games, which are few and far between still. It's also worth noting that these would also be the games that run well on the fx 8350, which would otherwise be considered very much a budget part and rather old.

That graph is adjusted for price/performance. This is one of the reasons why PassMark is usually referred to as pissmark around here.
>am also waiting for the Nvidia lawsuit to finalize so I can get another $30.
Do you still get that after NVidia have updated their info and are no longer misleading customers? You can't really claim that you were effected by something that's been corrected over a year ago.

I really want to buy a 1070 because fuck waiting for vega, but I have a Freesync monitor.

What do, Sup Forums?

If you're rich buy a 1070 now then vega later :^)