Why do Twitter Trolls use Anime Avatars?

theringer.com/anonymous-twitter-trolls-anime-avatars-harassment-Sup Forums-8578d36b2920-8578d36b2920#.5k2nim5lv

>In the eyes of her persecutors, the author Maris Kreizman was guilty of the following counts: being a woman, being Jewish, criticizing Donald Trump, and tweeting at all. “Elie Wiesel died on the day Trump used the Star of David in a political attack ad,” Kreizman tweeted on July 2.

>Kreizman, having examined the wreckage of her mentions, also wondered: “Why do so many anonymous racist Twitter trolls have animé characters as their avatars?”

>As one observer of Kreizman’s ordeal tweeted in personal solidarity, “It’s always moe girls yelling Nazi shit at me for some reason.”

>In 2004, U.S. entrepreneur Christopher Poole, known online as “moot,” founded Sup Forums as a forum for anime discussion. Over the years, the website’s user base has massively expanded, and so has its variety of discussion boards. Much as the Japanese godfather of imageboard culture, 2channel—the most popular online community in Japan—became a swamp of Japanese nationalism, Sup Forums now doubles as a breeding ground for antisocial, maladjusted political expression, including the neo-Nazi sympathies that English-speaking users proliferate in Sup Forums’s Sup Forums (“Politically Incorrect”) board.

It's no news to people here that people who use anime avatars of small girls on the internet are the most obnoxious fucks about. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I can't think of any other reason than Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/LELiy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Go fuck your pony, faggot. Sup Forums isan anime image board.

> Rei Ayanami, the archetype for an anime character style known as moe.

You'd be cranky and in need of venting too if your life revolved around being a fat unemployable, lonely dumbass that binge watches samey cartoons in his thirties

Use an archive. There's no reason to give these people page views

archive.is/LELiy

You seem to be on the wrong board. Here at Sup Forums we support content creators.

kill yourself, kike.

I think you know which board you need to go back to. It's mentioned in the OP a couple of times.

Ponies are just western moeshit.

People who use anime pictures are probably trying to avoid using their actual face. I'd imagine there's probably a similar problem with inanimate objects posting rude comments as well. There's probably a few people who are plain rude who use their actual face as well though.

There are people with all kinds of avatars posting rude comments, but the majority are always these gamergate losers with anime girl avatars.

They may have similar rates of shitposting compared to other individuals they just post more in general which leads to more shitposts.

Another possibility is the anime avatars obscure your perspective of the individual. Maybe due to the anime avatar you're lead to believe Sup Forums is viewing your posts so you take it as if everyone viewing your posts that has an anime picture is intending to troll you. In reality if you're not at least somewhat notable you're not likely to draw the attention of people from Sup Forums unless you post something notable.

fedora shit
>anime girl profile pics
>cropped hentai profile pics
>"sceptics" with profile pics of ancient statues

step it up or be a pleb 4ever

>>"sceptics" with profile pics of ancient statues

Got any examples of this?

I saw a youtube channel with the statue of socrates. Can't remember the name though.

>Kreizman

into the gas it goes

man loving crossdresser detected

I don't love men though

yes, just lust them
didn't deny being a crossdresser ;)

>didn't deny being a crossdresser
Why should I if it's the truth?

post pics

>anime
>twitter

>maladjusted
that is a fucking stupid way of saying
>people who don't agree with me

>founded Sup Forums as a forum for anime discussion
Even normalfags know Sup Forums is primary for weebs
Why are you non-weebs still here?

Never.

you must be ugly

I-I'll do it

Posting your real face outside of facebook is just begging to be harassed. doesn't matter how you look.

Only retarded people use their real name online in a public setting.

You must first love yourself to love others.

>weebshit

Autism exacerbates issues brought on by white self-entitlement, as they have even fewer tools to deal with it.

WAS

>why don't these trolls aka people who raped me use their full name and picture so I can lynch them

>posting deep sea cartoons

Doesn't change the fact that weebs are the primary demographic and non-weebs are essentially cancer.

ok
not face lol, in girl clothes, unless you have a masculine repulsive body

Weebs aren't even close to the primary demographic anymore. There are many more popular non anime boards than anime boards now.

Doesn't change the fact that weeaboos are the worst fanbase, even worse than bronies and furries. At least tgey can take criticism

Y'all gotta switch to manga now.

That is actually true, the cancer has driven the original community away. Explains why Sup Forums now is of such poor quality compared to say, 2008.

ASUKAFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Not really. Sup Forums currently has 2 problems:
- too many boring normalfags who don't create anything themselves and are here only for tech support/help regarding their boring lifes
-Most anons are more mature than a few years ago, when actual OC is made it's often called "reddit-tier" and ignored

>lelsorandumb was better

It's the clashing communities that make Sup Forums so bad. Sup Forums is fucking infamous, and people find out about it every day.

Anime was always a Sup Forums thing, but people are trying to stop it from being posted and insulting people who post anime pictures, because for some reason they're making them feel uncomfortable or something.

Yes, I also hate (hate is a bit of a strong word, but..) when anime is used for shitposts, but anime reaction images don't hurt at all.

Is it the people who post anime in the desktop, homescreen and the "Sup Forums daisuki" threads who made you think everybody who posts anime/manga is a faggot?

Why not both?

Sup Forums has many more problems than that. Also, I don't think anyone ''matured''. The community, and userbase is completely different now than what it was years ago. I'm extremely positive that 90% of people who frequented Sup Forums in 2008 moved on. You'd be surprised how high of a ''turnover'' rate Sup Forums actually has.

Jesus Christ how terrifying

because anime is the lowest common denominator for all le ebin trolles and le ebin anonanus haxx0rz

Man, all those people that turned their life around and then there are people like me who will never leave.

People leave because of demographic shifts, if this place became a majority of CRT shitposting I would move to 7chan~ or something

People use anime avatars because they anger some people

No, those are bronies.

Anime website kike

Who still gets mad at ponies in 2016?

This guy is a walking hypocrite he hates his audiance but creates more content. He wants a music career just for his own music without his youtube fame having an impact. He goes and puts his face on the cover of his albums. He talks about weeaboos being bad but he is a fucking half japanese wanna be nigger.

That's true here but not necessarily on twitter.

Sup Forums isn't a static userbase. I doubt any of us here are "founders." Where's the new blood?
If 2006 was "for the lulz"
2007 was "for the lulz"
2008 was "for the lulz"
2009 was "for the lulz"
2010 was "for the lulz"
2011 was "for the lulz and ponies"
2012 was "for the lulz"
Why did we hit "MUH GAYMERGATE" in 2014 and, "We hereby declare our unthinking, undying allegiance to Emperor Trump," in 2016?

Oh and if you want to shit on weebs using a fucking internet personality why don't you use Sam Hyde of MDE.

Normies can handle racism, they can handle gore, they can handle memes... But...

They can't handle A N I M E

Post away boys!

Hello.

I've been here for over a decade and at the rate things are going, I'll never leave. Even if fags keep shitting the place up they can't stop me from lurking and occasionally getting comfy when there's an actual good thread on.

Came here to post this.
Jesus Christ.

Fuck off you stupid ponyfag newfag. We never liked your cancerous show, go back to your containment board.

If I were a reifag and someone called her "moe" I'd be mad.

Seems about right.

Seems about right.

It's weird seeing Pepe make a return after years of being absent. It's like Sup Forums suddenly had this rebellious phase where memes were too immature for us or something and then suddenly they just came back.

Pepe is reddit tier cancer at this point.

>supporting cancer

I see how it works. Are you the author posting it here for clicks?

nice technology thread
enjoy you're ban

That sargon of Akkad muppet is a good example. A stereotypical stemlord, a brexiter and an all round idiot.

Internet culture discussion is technology related

"no"
gb2/pol/ pls

Fuck off kike

Not your decision to make. It's Sup Forums related.

>Oy vey, shut it down

Hold up fáms, im gonna have to set up my moe racist twitter.

Try to be original please. Last thing we need is another unfunny meme spewer.

>but shitposting is fun.

It's definitely is Sup Forums doing the anime avatar bullshit.

It's not specifically Sup Forums, but each board has its own unique userbase so I think meta topics should be allowed through from time to time. I don't want to hear Sup Forums's thoughts on the topic nor Sup Forums's, and the only place I can hear Sup Forums's is if Sup Forums can talk about it.

You don't have to be Sup Forums to hate jews and use anime avatars

or you know, just an ironic sadfuck who has nothing else to do.

>He doesn't shitpost with Taiwanese paper mache recordings

I'm more of a turkish oil wrestling guy myself. Iranian carpet weaving ain't bad either.

Remember post mongolian memes.

i don't watch anime but like anime posters because it pisses off normies.

THIS