I recently found out about Bitcoin and after a bit of research about how it's mined...

I recently found out about Bitcoin and after a bit of research about how it's mined, I just realized - why not build a solar powered PC to mine it? I live in an area where it's sunny most of the year so it's literally free money at this point after the initial investment. Would this work? Even if it doesn't get more than a few hundred bucks a year it's still free.

>a few hundred bucks a year

The amount of power you can harvest versus how much you need to mine is the problem.

Not to mention offsetting the initial cost of building the solar powered PC.

I live in a third world country where people can live off less than $1 a day, a few hundred bucks is still a lot of money.

That's what I'm not sure of though, are solar panels advanced enough these days to power one?

How many Kw/h does it take do mine a 1$?

How much does a 1 Kw/h solar panell cost but you're gonna want a 5 Kw/h one because you want to get stable power and a batter charger.

You'll also need an inverted because Solar Power is DC and you want to stored as AC to use in your PC.

By the time you pay off your panells + inverter + battery 5 years will ahve passed or more.

You don't get it, it's not a few hundred bucks a year, it's a few bucks a year.

Buttcointards BTFO

>I live in a third world country
You're better off just buying dollars and waiting for the price to go up then. I mean, if you want a stupid hobby go for it but if you want a return on investment then this is not the best option.

You don't get shit anymore.

I'm stealing electricity at work with couple of antminers s1 and yield is so low that I'll shutdown operation in upcoming days.

Earned like 500€ in total, paid 200€ for hardware and wasted thousand euros in electricity.

You dont need ac to run a pc...what would,be the point of converting to ac then immediately having a power supply convert it back to DC to powerthe components, all you need is 5v and 12v

>a few hundred bucks
You will get less than 4 in a whole year.

45c in Dubai. Might work here

You're like, 6 years late to make money off of mining.

Do you go outside with 45 C? DO you get used to to the point of not feeling like hell? Temperatures here barely reach 40 and it's fucking awful.

You don't get used to it. All you can do is just leave during the summer. I'm in Frankfurt, Germany.

You're about 4 years late. PC mining stopped being profitable

I'm sorry for your loss

you would be better off just useing panel for coffe maker

>Even if it doesn't get more than a few hundred bucks a year it's still free.

Try 60 dollars a year running at 600watts.

>literally free money

hurr

You would make more money just selling the electricity back to the grid senpai.

Why not power your frickin house and car