Router is downstairs, pc is upstairs. how would i go about getting good speeds from my pc...

router is downstairs, pc is upstairs. how would i go about getting good speeds from my pc? I get like 35Mbps when I should get like 60Mbps at least.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/SolidRun-Sewell-Cat5e-Cable-Light/dp/B0089OID12
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Move PC downstairs or router upstairs

i've moved my router upstairs, connected a coax cable to it but it doesnt work if i do that. Would I have to contact my ISP to move the router upstairs?

whats a coax

Fucking youngfag

>router
>coaxial
LOLSTO?

its the white cable wire that usually goes into tv's or cable boxes

well its a router/modem bundled together, so how do I move that upstairs??

>white

you don't, you fucking run a cat-5 cable down the wall and plug it into the router, or do the same thing and run an AP upstairs

Get longer ethernet wire, fagit, here:
amazon.com/SolidRun-Sewell-Cat5e-Cable-Light/dp/B0089OID12
250 ft. That's 76.2 yurolengths. Enough to get a cable in every room of your house and some left over to strangle yourself with

>amazon.com/SolidRun-Sewell-Cat5e-Cable-Light/dp/B0089OID12
>implying this moron knows how to crimp rj45

>Get rj45 cabel
>plug to internet card on pc
>plug other side to router
>internet connection

>2016
>cat5

it's called get your own place your fucking underaged faggot.

sage

I'm unsure what the speed loss is but I just use an external wifi adapter. I have the premiertek hermes. Might be bottlenecked by the usb2.0.

This guyHas the right idea, you can buy 100ft ones on Amazon for under $20

itd be much easier to move it upstairs, dont you think? less wires that way.

If that didn't work, you could either contact your ISP or use an Ethernet power line adapter with the router in its original location

Coco the cercopithecus could crimp rj45, they're color coded. Even OP the ravenous faggot could do this if he concentrated for 15 mins, fucken google has tuts on this basic shit. But he won't.
I normally advise against people beating their kids, but goddamnd it, OP. If you were my child, I would have beaten you until I lost my watch.

okay that makes sense. Thank you!!

>I normally advise against people beating their kids, but goddamnd it, OP. If you were my child, I would have beaten you until I lost my watch.
ty user gonna reuse this

Powerline networking may be an option.