Who do you message on Telegram/Wire/Tox/preferred encrypted chat client?

Who do you message on Telegram/Wire/Tox/preferred encrypted chat client?

I want to use them but no one else uses them. No one wants more apps on their phones.

Telegram has lots of bots, a few of which can fill that depressing void in your life.

Your mum

just use whatsapp idiot everyone already uses that

anyone here believes whatsapp is true encryption?

Telegram was hacked by feds to get is nott secur fggts

Just change to that platform and tell people you only use that one. Dont reply on any other platform and soon people will start switching who want to contact you more than you do them. Critical mass only takes a few weeks

Telegram was better than Skype for IM. It was that easy

>uses telegram thinking its secure

When will this meme end?

Kys

Let's hear it then - how is Telegram insecure?

We need something better then the MAC-then-encrypt vs encrypt-then-MAC debate.

Doing a MAC check first when decrypting the ciphertext means your attacker isn't getting any chance to grab the keys from memory/swap/coredump/etc.

Admittedly, Telegram waiting 100 messages before changing keys is far too long.

But that is hypothetical because Moxie and other assorted haters haven't actually demonstrated tangible weakness in MTProto, let alone break it.

They rely on smears and innuendo. The Axolotyl Ratchet is just as new, and is similarly complex in implementation and quirks.

It only uses end2end in a private chat.

Regular chats and group chats are stored in the cloud, and are only encrypted in transit.

All of my friends use telegram, I'm safe

That's true, but then just use private chats.

Telegram has been a little marooned by its design decisions - transit has always been secure in both the normal and private chats, but the choice was left to the user about which one to use, depending on their priorities and use-case.

I expect eventually they will implement E2E across the board, with the opt-out for multiple device access.

I use signal with my friends and family.

Use Viber faggot

Signal is good, but inexplicably they have not got a notification service running on Android.

This a) makes the app bug out and crash the recent apps view when you swipe it away, because it uses a hack to keep it alive.

b) causes it to sometimes get pushed out of memory on low RAM devices.

Moxie is also an arrogant tyrant, but that's beside the point.

Closed source encryption system that they themselves invented instead of implementing something like the signal protocol.

whatever it is, this dude can't reset my password

Pushkar: Thanks for that information.
user: Ok
Pushkar: Sorry to keep you, I’ll be with you in two ticks.
user: Ok
Pushkar: CanI get your mobile number please ?
user: I don't have a mobile phone

no, fairs fair he did it

user: it worked!!!!
Pushkar: I am glad to chat with a nice and kind person like you :)

>Hacked
They get our phone numbers...