Do you guys overclock your "just about to get-swapped" GPU to death before you install the new one...

Do you guys overclock your "just about to get-swapped" GPU to death before you install the new one? I want to burn down my 750ti for no reason, it gave me a lot of happiness in these last two years and worked on a shitty PSU like a charm, but now I just want to do this thing.

I wouldn't do it in case it would damage other components (i'm not sure if that's an actual issue though)
You could just sell it on ebay. I've seen used ones go from 70-110

man I gave my old hardware to my little cousin he was thrilled to finally get into pc gaming why not make a kid happy instead

Just sell it to make some money back or put money towards buying that new card.

If the chip has lasted a year on a decent but not crazy OC its usually the memory that goes bad because most cards have no way to modify the VRAM voltage.

90% of cards that die after having been solid for a while are from VRAM issues, and if you catch the corruption early, werent running the mem to its limits and downclock to stock the card is usually good for 6 months before having to downclock any further or outright replace the card.

Do I do whats in OP? No, actually all of my cards are ineligible for warranty because if it isnt DOA and OCs decently I immediately replace the paste and put sinks on everything that doesnt have metal touching.

Keep it in good condition. One day, your new GPU might fail, and you will be happy to have a backup.

this.

its better to have a backup then none at all.

>I want to burn down my 750ti for no reason
You have to be 18 to use this website, retard

OP here, I just wanted to hear your reactions.
I will keep it as it is, it was a factory OC'd card anyway and it runs at 80c at all times when gaming.
I'll keep it as a backup card since my xeon has no onboard GPU.

>not being autistically attracted to things you own as if they were semi-sentient
I almost envy you.

Good idea user. If something are to happen you'll be glad you did.

i recommend saving it op .
unless you have an cpu that has integrated graphics, when you NEED a gpu you really need it . it can be a lifesaver . I have 2 gpus that i always have offhand that i don't want to sell because they came in handy when troubleshooting computer problems .

on the other hand if you want to rape it to the limit and push it you should be pretty safe . it would be hard to kill a gpu unless you went out of your way to do it . you can also clean the thermal paste and re apply it to the gpu die if you want to get better temperatures . lots of youtube videos on how to do that .

give it to a younger family member or something.

I give away my old hardware to poor friends or my little brother.

Just set driver updates to automatic.

Of course not you fucking chimp

I thought I was alone here.

Fuck anyone who bangs their keyboard or mouse or punches their monitor if they lose on a game. Those things fucking take care of you.

>chimp
>clearly an alien on the gpu

>Adults make smart choices and never have destructing tendencies, especially not out of curiosity

Derp.

Yeah, you fucking cuck, not like real adults work jobs to pay for their equipment. We're all 24 and working a full-time job just to save while we live with our mom's and get allowance and birthday gifts.

Fuck you, shitbag.

guys plz help i painted my heat sink becuz it wasnt cute and now my games keep crashing??

I saved my old GTX 260 and my dads GTS450 in case it would come in handy.

Don't destroy what is good, friend.

Just turned mine into a oven`. gonna get me a 1070.

I am you user

Why destroy it? Just sell it or give it to a loving new owner.

#GPULivesMatter

>it gave me a lot of happiness

Why would you destroy something that made you happy and took care of you? Turn it into a keepsake, resell it or give it away to a friend or something. It's still a good card dude

That's like getting a new car and pushing your old one off a cliff