What language should I learn after C++?

What language should I learn after C++?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C--
en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/utility/pair/swap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

English.

Rust, so you don't continue to pollute the world with C++ garbage.

python, javasript, maybe php&SQL
depends on what job you are trying to do

Something like python, then java or C#

Anything that is well designed, has sane tooling and a good community so that you can unlearn C++.

I'd recommend picking up a lisp, but Elixir is also a nice choice if you want to try something radically different.

So you think you've "learned" C++?

Haskell

Learn C-- first, then C#, Java, (html,css,js), python.

These will benefit you.

Also C# is very useful, you can write a lot of kind of software easily(asp.net, winforms,wpf,universals, Android(xamarin.Forms) etc.)

Brainfuck or whitspace are the best languages!

But seriously, you could try web development: html php javascript slq css and all that stuff...

C, Python.. maybe Java.

>still not as much damage as BASIC

>C--

Holy shit I want to learn that! What's the difference between C, C++, and C--?

C-- is the intermediate language of GHC.

>you will never lick anime legs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C--
looks like it is for an intermediate step of compiling higher lever languages

You can't *learn* C++. Period. There's always something in it that you will not know about C++ that will astonish you.
For example, did you know there is conditional noexcept? For example, en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/utility/pair/swap
noexcept(
std::is_nothrow_move_constructible::value &&
std::is_nothrow_move_assignable::value
)

Also on the same page, because noexcept is a specifier and an operator, you get something like
noexcept(noexcept(swap(*a, *b)))

Don't start me on initializer lists, curly brace constructors and their semantics. Or perfect forwarding.

>he thinks he's learned C++

Remember when C++ was just a dumb compiler extension that added classes and compiled to standard C?

Right, I'd be polluting the world with SJW garbage instead. No thanks.

Lol I didn't know what I said. I meant it as a "unlear C++" language.

Seconding C#

Although it's hard to use other languages after that because you'll be spoiled by how easy it is to create stuff with it.

C+++ obviously

>C+=
well, just look at it and laugh

Nothing, C++ is the end game

Welcome to enlightenment

Portuguese

Java. 100% serious.

Yeah Java is nice to know plus if you've learnt C++ it's actually only the frameworks you need to know.

>anime

die weebshit

>>>reddit

recommend me a sepples book, considering I know php/ruby/python/js. so cutting out the bullshit. preferably working through example applications

You've effectively "learned" sepples the moment you've learned the useful subset of it. Everything else is bloat and exists only to confuse you.

That would imply you actually ever finish learning C++

What programming language leads to the highest pay? Not including Web development.

muh maymay langs

Assembly, then C and then look at your C++ code again and realize how wrong you were.

Not low level enough.

I think embedded systems

So learning c asm and such wouldn't be a bad idea

i do a lot of AVR programming and i still never use assembly
c is low level enough for me

MATLAB

You should know, but if you want to become a better coder then learn assembly.
Or take time getting better at C++, learn a library, work on a project, get good at algorithms.
It's usually people who learn a simpler language that needs advice. C++ is all you need really, depending on your goals that is.

Kek

java

>b-but java is not gee-approved
when you know java and cpp, you know at least one hybrid language with objects slapped on top of it and at least one almost-fully-objective one. you'll be able to understand c#, objective-c or whatever else in no time when in need. do it.

would you regard this picture as being too lewd?

rooby

I've been telling myself to learn ruby since quite a time ago. Still haven't done shit.

Do you people actually fucking write code or do you just sit there all day “learning” languages?

I'd say most are only just beginning here. I only /know/ 2 languages through and through and thats C and PHP (and x86 assembly) (started as a web dev, moved to C once I had mastered PHP.) However I can write a program in any language and have never asked the question "what language should I learn"

The only language I'd recommend is Assembly, so you can learn how a processor actually works.

this

rust is not sjw shit

rust is not a meme language

i basically skipped the assymbly and went strait to VHDL
learning by building it from scratch is best

>scratch
are you 5? That's literally a meme language.

>kek?
doesn't really flow

>rust is not sjw shit
>rust is not a meme language
Prove it.

you made the claim, the burden of proof is on YOU

>you made the claim
I agree with the null hypothesis. You're the one making new claims here. Let's examine them.
>rust is not sjw shit
It's made by Mozilla, which is a known SJW task force. The Rust developers themselves have made many statements about inclusivity, instituted an SJW code of conduct, and announced plans to replace straight white males in their own team with minorities. Rust even has "safety" (a common SJW dog whistle issue -- see "safe space") as a language-level feature.
>rust is not a meme language
Rust is a year old. There are no serious software projects written in it. Instead, there's a bunch of hype about how you could write thing Foo in Rust -- theoretically, if it had the features you'd need, like numbers in templates. These features are always "on the table" and "to be implemented, someday." In the meantime the compiler is slow as balls and you can barely write two lines of code without a lot of boilerplate that exists only to appease the infamous borrow checker. Everyone who managed to make code go fast, does so by turning off all the safety checks.

If I have something to claim, it's that Rust is snake oil. False advertisement. A scam.

>implying you can ever be done learning c++

>rust

>Rust is a year old. There are no serious software projects written in it.
It's used for the media extensions in Firefox, and extensively in Servo.

>Everyone who managed to make code go fast, does so by turning off all the safety checks.
That's not how Rust works.

>Rust even has "safety" (a common SJW dog whistle issue -- see "safe space") as a language-level feature.
Jesus fucking christ, crawl back into your hole.

>it's a Sup Forumsentooman thinks he learnt C++ episode

C++ is the end game already, you learn it forever.

If no one person can have complete knowledge of C++'s spec, how do people get those programming jobs?
Shouldn't employers see this kind of discrepancy as a liability?

Rust

Ahah

Recruiters still think C and C++ are the same language. Moreover, every well-managed C++ project will impose a coding style guideline, limiting the scope of what features of C++ you can use, so that the project code doesn't look like a mixture of all the new hot memes from the latest standard. Basically, it will limit C++ to the lowest common denominator of what should be known to do OOP.

Rust is cool for hobby stuff.
You might want to check out Lua if you're interested in scripting.

Learn electronics, then learn embedded C and VHDL
Enjoy getting rich

C

C

How do I get rich with C and VHDL?

With a degree in electrical engineering.

coq

Whatever you pick, you'll learn it in a month

If you have learned c++ languages like c# and java shouldnt be a prob since they are easier and pretty simple. Go learn some different paradigm

and then what?
A regular job won't make you rich.
It will make you a decent living, but not rich.

If you know C++ you already know every other programing language. They're all like C++, except more simple.

can someone go more into this?

explain, typically, what i can and can not use.

A programming language can't be political in itself you dumb fucking Sup Forumstard.

Learn c+ eqyality

You C++ fags always surprise me. Not. Is "SJW" / "the community" the only thing you have against Rust? How about criticizing the language itself? Go ahead - give it a try.

>Is "SJW" / "the community" the only thing you have against Rust?
The really weird part is that the Rust community is actually fine. I'm not quite sure why 2/3rds of Sup Forums has convinced themselves it's some kind of angry communist lesbian hivemind.

This nigger knows what's up.
SJW are too dumb to use Rust. Python, Ruby and web trash are infested with SJW.

haha dank

kek

Thank you :)

How else do you learn a language besides programming in it?

Ruby is fun to learn on the side and is quite a powerful language, even with all the syntactic sugar added.

Learn C++ more.
You think you can fully learn C++? hahahahaha

Jython

What did you call me?

COBOL

That's why working hard 80hr weeks to save in your 401k and eventually retire at 70yo for Mr. Shekelburg is a meme.

It's 10,000x better to spend your life in half-retirement with some comfy low stress predictable union job where you have an easy time and sovereignty over your brain.

If you've mastered a language, then you should know just because you can write something in a new language doesn't mean you know it well. Hence, there is nothing wrong about asking which to learn next even if only to initiate related discussion.

Some scripting language would be useful