Best Card for a poorfag?

Poorfag here trying to figure out whats the best card for playing all or most games at-at least 1366x768 resolution >= 30fps. Was thinking the r7 250x. Thoughts?
inb4 : Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/XFX-1220MHz-Displayport-Graphics-RX-460P2SFG5/dp/B01JGQU8WI
youtube.com/watch?v=AzI96SSsVDM
guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_radeon_rx_470_strix_gaming_4gb_review,33.html
semiaccurate.com/2014/01/15/exploring-effect-memory-bandwidth-amds-kaveri/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buy a fucking console, jesus christ

RX 460

Used 7850/7870. Can pick them up for $60-70 on a good day. The 265 was a rebranded 7850. 270X a 7870.

If you're a poorfag, you shouldn't be wasting your money on electronic games. sort your life out. Come back when you can't decide which good card you want.

You should shoot a little higher imo. Ive seen a used gtx 950 for $95 on Craigslist.

rx480
>considering rx470
>considering rx460
>considering any other old outdated shit
Literally why.

>overpriced housefire

Fuck that.

If OP can't buy a 480 then he needs to kill himself for even trying to get into gayming.

Check ebay for dank deals. I just saw a gtx770 go for about 95 after shipping the other day because nobody else bid on it. Just bid low and don't go too high.

>he thinks the latest cawadoody is the only game ever made

This shit costs the same as my computer.

Ok m8, I can afford the top and bottom. Which one should I get?

seriously, get a fucking job.

> best card for poorfag
used card, if extremely poor go for a 750ti.

some people just want to chill playing games, not necessarily play crysis battlefield witcher on ultra.
no need for a 1080 if you want to play older total war games, elder scrolls, dota, csgo mount & blade etc...

>about the same speed as a 270/270X
>more expensive than the 270/270X were a year ago

OP. what's your Craigslist?
>inb4 he doesn't even know what Craigslist region he's in

meant to quote the 460

see
at that price range just buy used dawg. you'll get so much more bang for your buck
otherwise get a 460

Puerto Rico.

Best thing on there is pic related

Fine, of you're that poor and have no plans on upgrading from that shitty resolution, look for r9 270 / gtx770. Of you really want to, Rx 460 for the new poorfag shit.

I'm not OP but I'm in the same situation. I just need a temporary card until I get a 490 next year. Should I get a R9 270 if I find one for the same price as a 7870? Or will 7870 be enough for The Witcher 3 at high settings? Someone answer me quick because I'll buy it today.

Wow, you have nothing.

Yeah, RX 460

Gtx 750ti. Low power usage. Decent OC headroom.

Alright thanks user!

>Should I get a R9 270 if I find one for the same price as a 7870?
Yes. The 270/270X weren't complete rebrands, they came with faster memory. The 270 is 100MHz lower core clock than a 7870/270X but it's the same chip so you should have a 100% success rate at overclocking it to the same frequency.

>recommending an older generation card when the RX 460 matches that

Sapphire one. Its just better. Also moar fans

I was figuring pure price point. I mean a brand new 750ti usually goes for $130. Used could easily be $85-$100. And at 1366x768, even a 750ti overkill.

What PSU wattage would you recommend for this card? Don't want my shit to shit.

600- 650 watt psu should do fine.

The RX 460 uses under 75w, so it doesn't need power connectors, the psu wattage really depends on the rest of your system.
Unless he will upgrade in the future, no.

My build is super simple low wattage. Its an a4-5000 cpu . I figured 400 Watt PSU would be enough.

Not card but APU

A build with an A8-7600 can be done for ~$200

You can actually play many new games on low 1080p settings and get 30+ FPS. Just make sure to buy 2 sticks of 1866 MHz DDR3 RAM and put them in dual channel mode and make sure the motherboard is actually using them at 1866 MHz.

>Puerto Rico
>Expecting to find used gpus in classificados online or craiglist

Your shit out of luck everyone here is a fucking peasent.

And i already sold my old gpus so I can't cut you a deal fellow puertobro. Unless you wanna pay $200 for a 970 memecard, but might as well buy a new 480.

With a 460? Fuck no, even a 400w will be enough and still have power to spare.

I believe peasant is an understatement.

If you have any reasonable intel cpu you can get 400 watt psu no problem look for a good brand theres a 430 watt evga with good warranty for like $30. Honestly though the 470 is a better value way more perf per dollar i would hold off and make $40 more dollars for it.

400w is definitely enough. For a quality PSU get one from EVGA, Flower Power, or Seasonic. (Corsair is okay, not the best)

Since this thread is kind of relevant to my interests. You lads think the AMD Rx 460 could work in a Dell Optiplex 790 SFF? I know the 750 ti can run fine with no added PSU at all. The machine has a 250 W PSU.

>Flower Power

Don't you mean Super Flower?

I know, why you think they closed down literally every PC part selling place in this forsaken island and now we have to pay shipping up the ass.

Yes, you know what I mean.

Hey, I have a 1366x768 monitor too, but unlike OP, I have a bit more money to spend.
I want all slides cranked up >=60fps. What card would that be?

R9 480 is basically overkill for 768p and should be able to completely max out every game at 60fps plus headroom for vsync so no tearing.

>1 stick of RAM
>30$ shipping

Fuck you newegg

>768p

I wouldn't be susprised if even the 460 can handle it.

Use amazon man, at least you pay like $11 the only downside is that it's USPS so enjoy getting packages in 2 weeks.

Half the shit I want on there isn't available to be shipped to Puerto Rico.

I have a GTX 950 which is a little better than the RX 460, and I play on 1080p medium and get 60fps on all my games (skyrim, fallout 4, etc.). At 768p the RX 460 is enough, even on ultra.

amazon.com/XFX-1220MHz-Displayport-Graphics-RX-460P2SFG5/dp/B01JGQU8WI

Says it ships to PR for $13

O shit. Awesome, thanks!

imo unless you are in a position you cannot save another $100, the R9 460 plain sucks and the used market sucks here. Try to save for a 480.

Seriously, don't buy 460, it's shit.
470 is the way to go for poorfag

The way the poorfag is meant to play

Low end cards are pretty shit, go second hand if nobody already said.

but user Nvidia is the way its meant to be played and that goes for anyone
dont try and make shit up here

He wasn't asking you rot face weaboos for life advice. Go be useless somewhere else.

You can't stop me

Save money and get NVIDIA™ 1080. It's only like going to cost you about 2weeks of work. Don't worry you don't need food or to pay bills when you get the skills to pay the bills with NVIDIA™ GeForce experience®.

I decided I'm gonna get the rx460. Thanks for the help anons!

Here's why I'm getting it :

>Can use my 400 watt PSU
>Good enough to play shit at 768p
>Isn't expensive

Love ya lots, don't ever change you amazing losers.

mfw op is gonna have the worst bottleneck ever with his amd apu
;__;

mfw when I already know

Why not just buy a 750ti for the same price and not worry about the CPU overhead?

hope you enjoy it OP. I'll be buying one as well to use for a few months until I get my windfall in october. I've been researching all day. You will 100% be able to play shit at 768p as I can play everything I want at 1080p with it.

Good luck, faggot

just stop being a fag and get a rx 470

>Rx460
it should run on 350 or 300 watt PSU
I had GTX630 and R7 250 OC run on that and it did really well.

clearly people are thick as fuck here on Sup Forums

Ok, unfortunately this is the only graphics cards thread up.

Should I get the Gigabyte G1 RX470, or the ASUS STRIX RX470?

Gigabyte
>1230mhz boost
>3x DP
>3 yr warrant
>Looks better
>My other shit is Gigabyte

ASUS
>1270mhz
>1x DP
>3 yr warranty
>Looks worse

I'm thinking I might be able to squeeze a few extra mhz out of the ASUS, but is it worth it?

Both are the same price

Hey guy, I'm in the process of watching this youtube.com/watch?v=AzI96SSsVDM maybe it'll answer your questions. I personally want the nitro new egg has one right now

>Unfortunately

Used 7970. Max out anything. You can even upgrade to 1080.

This is how guru3d's ASUS review sample overclocked
guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_radeon_rx_470_strix_gaming_4gb_review,33.html

It's a shitty thread with few knowledgeable anons

Bought a new 750ti last year for $80. Feels good!

See

Paragraph 5 of OP

Buy a used card if you're so poor. All of the new low end cards are trash.

>Its an A4-5000 apu
sorry OP that 1.5ghz ancient lump will bottleneck almost anything.
is probably the cheapest option to game and the igpu is essentially the same as a r7 250 with a lower clock that can be increased in bios of A78+ mobo to almost match at stock or near stock voltage. check some reviews, this apu is pretty damn awesome for $70

Seriously start buying in increments but use the highest mhz the board can handle 2400mhz+ is best. just use your current build for half life era games, retro emulation and shitposting. or sell when the new pc is built
semiaccurate.com/2014/01/15/exploring-effect-memory-bandwidth-amds-kaveri/

Alright so I took a look at their pricier APU's and I'm actually really fucking impressed! I think I might get a a10-7700k and call it a day. It seems to work just well with all the games on my list

>Total War
>TF2
>CS:GO
>Mount and Blade
>Borderlands 2

I believe i'll pick this up instead.