/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Friendly reminder to not listen to Steinshit shills, don't reply to them, don't give them the attention they so desperately want and ffs don't allow them to convince you that Steinshit isn't shit.

Second for absolut perfection

My F-91 keeps better time and is cheaper to maintain.

What is this, 1880? Take your glorified commie UMF somewhere else.

He posted a movement and you mentioned a watch. You mean your module 593?

It's a shit module, by the way.

It's nice in a museum piece kind of way. But too garish for me to wear it every day. I prefer to have a bit less.

>such ignorance

Still more accurate than anything from Patek Phille, Rolex and IWC. Enjoy fapping to overpriced snake oil though, I highly doubt you have the capability to purchase one anyways with the way you value things.

I never gotten why Steinhard is considered trash for ripping off Rolex design, when Seiko is doing literally the same thing. And Seiko rip-offs are even cheaper.

I can understand the hate on Invictas, because these are poor and LQ rip-offs.

cool microrotor

Having held both Ocean One, and OVM in my hands, I can safely say that I 40% agree with you.

The vast majoirty of Steinharts range need not exist, they're good watches, but you can only pay so much Homage until you start to just outright insult the original.

The OVM is a damned nice watch for the price, you're going to have a hard time finding a better one outside of the used market. My own real peeve with the OVM is the end-centre link, it is squared off, doesn't fit too well with the endlinks and produce an aesthetic flaw, which can be quite annoying. But a strap soon fixes this.

Steinhart could do well if they get the right creative minds in to design decent dials, should they remain on ETA's good side and keep receiving 2824's that is.

>You mean your module 593?
>It's a shit module, by the way.
This. THIS SO MUCH.

The Apollon is a cool unique design imo.

>Newbie makes claims he assumes is true because of a youtube video or primer on watches he's read.

That bezel is insanely massive for seemingly no reason.

>GDR origins
>three-quarter plate
>screw-set jewels
More like actual knowledge, fanboy-kun.

I will never understand it either, the vitriol against Steinhart all over the internet amazes me. I mean lets compare to its closest Steinhart comparison. Notice how they look quite similar its because the Seiko is a Rolex Copy. Okay lets compare them:

Seiko Shogun:
-Seiko movement, made in Japan 23 6r15
-21500 bph
-mineral glass
-Seiko in house chinkmade Lumibrite
-200m rated ISO 6425
-shit band
-assembled in Malaysia
-$1000+
-resale $400-$500 via ebay

Steinhart OVM
-Swiss ETA 2824-2 custom
-28800 bph
-domed sapphire with AR coating
-lume provided by Super Luminova
-300m rated DIN 8310
-shit band
-assembled in Switzerland
-$320
-resale $500-$700 via ebay

That's surprisingly tasteful.

Threadly reminder that this is chronograph design perfection.

>-resale $500-$700 via ebay
Only the V.1 resales so high I believe. Being that some people prefer the black/yellow vs the grey/peach dial.

These two watches don't look anything a like, one is a fucking Rolex chinkshit sex tourist knock off. The other is a professional divers watch.

>-shit band
That's not fair to either the Shogun or the Steinhart.

The clasp on the Steinhart is pretty poor by direction comparison to the exceptional bracelet (Considering the price of the watch) but by all accounts, the Shogun has a pretty solid bracelet.

Also I'd say that the Sumo is more so a direction comparison to the OVM

>professional divers watch
>mechanical, analog watch

Nah these that were sold are all Ver. 2. It has more to do with the wait time and the ridiculous EU-Union VAT system.

>I could sell my OVM to someone in the US the second it arrives and make £150 on it
This makes me smile.

I don't like modern Seiko. The designs are either bland or tacky. Also all their watches are huge because apparently Japanese people have huge wrists.

The Sumo has even worst specs than the Steinhart, the accuracy of the 4r(21 Jewel, 18500 bph) drops even further against the Steinhart(25 Jewel).

whats the best casio i can get, fags

Not a fan of the strap, but otherwise very nice.

How much are you looking at for getting a Co-ax serviced? Hear-say leads me to believe they are ridiculously more expensive than it should otherwise be.

>that vintage lume imitation

Horrible.

>The Sumo has even worst specs than the Steinhart
But lies within the same price range, so is a better comparison by that fact.

Steinhart is 12 +/- v. Seiko's 20 +/- both of these are in the warranty cards. Yes its not much for either but you're really getting closer to 4-5 +/- with the Steinhart and we all know is never regulated for shit.

>caring about specs of mechanical watches

That's the V.1 sat there, the colour is far nearer to Yellow than the V.2

Each to their own though.
I quite like it as a colour, not something you see used often, a nice change from the usual Black/White that every diver uses.

Being the owner of a cheap ass mech, I can safely say that resetting the thing every few days, while not a difficult task, is annoying none the less.

>Seikos are huge
>X brands 42mm diver/chronograph is huge
I hate this meme. All you insecure betas with body image disorder should all take a deep breath and think whether this obsession over millimeters and phobia of lug overhang has gone too far.

My SKX would be 4-5 minutes off in a day, its 10 years old though. My Recraft is about 30 seconds off and its brand new.

Maybe you should try wearing a watch of your size.
Do you also wear trousers two sizes bigger?

>Seiko watches are designed only for Japanese people
Are you really this stupid?

Maybe you should eat a burger or lift some. Also see a shrink about your problem with your body image.

Who else are JDM Seikos designed for?

The sumo uses the 6r15, not 4r

Good thread so far

Why do people put these shitty natobands on wannabe Rolex? Do they want to convince themselves that they aren't wearing wannabe Rolex?

>twin quartz

For what purpose?

>Do they want to convince themselves that they aren't wearing wannabe Rolex?
When you drop 6 figures on a 5517, then you can start to call people out for wearing homages.

Higher accuracy.

>two penis compensation devices
Sorry I wear an F-91w and I still get them wet, what's your excuse?

Just because some people have nicer things than you doesn't mean they're compensating.

Yeah, I put it back on the bracelet.

Haven't had to get it serviced yet, but Omega charges $490 at one of their service centers. There are excellent watchmakers in my area who will charge less.

You're poor with low standards so you habitually fuck ratchet hoodrats with whooping cough, congratulations to you.

Never thought I'd agree with NineBall this much, but this.

>There are excellent watchmakers in my area who will charge less.
I thought only Omega themselves would handle servicing Co-Ax movements? Something to do with the surgical amount of lube if I recall the reasoning correctly.

But hey, if locals will take it on and are capable of it then that's awesome, especially if you're on good terms with the store owners.

The town jeweller here is a family friend, and a seiko dealer. He managed to get his hands on an SARX015 for me, very happy when it arrived.

They're going to need to be 'certified' to get replacement components and shit from omega, but it's not fundamentally different from any other watch. They can still do basic service without that

But I don't fucking wear non-original designs?! If I wanted to wearing a Rolex looking watch I would buy a ROLEX but I don't want a fucking rolex or mechanical watch because they keep shit time! What part of this shit don't you seem to understand!?

You seem to think that someone can gather the wide spectrum of your "refined taste" from a single anonymous post on a Hungarian Traditional Wedding Planning website.

Nope, the co-axial has been around for years now and many watchmakers will work on them. As NineBall mentioned above, Omega offers a certification program to independent watchmakers. There are several in my area who are certified.
The good news is that mine won't need servicing for several more years.

You don't have nicer things than me, you might have more expensive things but you don't have nicer things. Also you're pathetic, do you know Warren Buffet who is a multi billionaire don't even own a single Rolex? Rich people don't spend money on useless fucking trinkets, they don't have a chip on their shoulder like you do.

Ah, cool, good to know.
The previously aforementioned town jeweller uses a Rolex/Omega approved workshop up towards London, so all watch related work is done up there, that cannot be done in the store that is.

>You don't have nicer things than me
I didn't say I did.

That being said, you never know. Maybe I do.

>don't have an argument
>lol time to post a meme reply
Okay kid glad you learn a thing or two.

You sound like the one with a chip on your shoulder friend. Why so grumpy?

Have you ever thought that you can't make your wrist bigger no matter how much you lift?
Fucking imbecile.
>that skin
How old are you, 60?
>they keep shit time
Yeah, maybe a Seiko 5.

Sorry but a million dollar Mechanical watch will not beat a $5 Casio Digital in time keeping, I guarantee it.

Should I trip (no)? Then again I'm a meanie when I reply without my wrist revealed, and I don't want to give that up, so I'd pick a trip like Niggerfaggot or something.

>I guarantee it
Gotta kill yourself on camera if we prove you wrong, right?

>I guarantee it.
Oh, if you guarantee it then it must be right.
Except it's not.
Even if it were, losing a minute per month, like a €300 6R15 does, is irrelevant.

>Have you ever thought that you can't make your wrist bigger no matter how much you lift?
This myth again. It's the "MUH GENETICS/MUH THYROID" excuse of babywrist weenies.

I forgot I wanted that watch... fuck that's for reminding me.

It's too big for you, everything above 35mm is too big, and you can't do anything about it, genetics, you see. Sorry.

This is how a watch should fit like.

Alright grampa, go back to bothering relatives with your rotary phone.

That is bullshit and you're a fucking retarded.
Look at Zane's wrists. Sure they get a little bit bigger but not by far. You'll never get Arnold's wrists if you have bitchwrists even if you had the same muscle mass.

What about 40mm? What type of man should I be to fit this size?

Looks like a 45mm would fit no problem.

So you're saying that to wear a 42mm watch someone should be a bodybuilder and take steroids?
You're ridiculous

No to wear a 42mm someone has to not be an insecure little bitch. If I were your dad I'd slap you silly for being such a sissy. Fucking man up and buy a Turtle or a 090 Amphibia.

If anything big watches make you look insecure.

gtfo tripfag

>shit that I just made up and are not true irl at all
Okay. Stay delusional.

Are you stupid or something? You wear things of your size.

they have a store near me

i've never been, though

Supposedly yes, but the bitchboys on /wt/ take it way too far and flop sweat at the idea of wearing a watch above 38mm.

>195 USD incl oyster bracelet
Thanx for nothing nixon

Maybe because not everyone has big enough wrists?
My limit is about 41-42, depending on lug to lug, not more than 48-49.
Not only that, even compared to today it would be far less.

user booty-blasted

Nice faggot sized watch

bet you guys wish you could afford nice watches like mine

what kind of nato is that on the right?

Nice shitter watch you got there LOL

>Motorola chinkshit idiotwatch for people who can't afford an Appleshit watch
This isn't the thread 4U.

yeah you're right, i like my omega better

>Planet Ocean dial
>Seamaster 300m hands

disgusting.

All these diver watches seem rather stereotypical with large diameters, tiny faces, monstrous bezels with peculiar serration and lumpy hands.

Why, if these are supposed to be used under water, do none (at least shown so far) have tritium illumination?

I can't understand how they thought it was okay to sell it with piece of the display missing.

And people even bought it???

tritium isn't necessary for a 20 minute dive, just charge it before you dive

without it the bezel had to be bigger. It also houses a sensor for the screen brightness.