Microsoft now preinstalls farmville, asphalt 8, netflix, twitter and other trash on windows 10 devices

>microsoft now preinstalls farmville, asphalt 8, netflix, twitter and other trash on windows 10 devices
>can't turn off cortana trash any more
>win10 pro is now basically identical to home
>you can't even manually select what updates you want on fucking enterprise

Other urls found in this thread:

technet.microsoft.com/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
dictionary.com/browse/you-ve-made-your-bed--now-lie-in-it
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally takes like two minutes to uninstall that bullshit. I'm not bothered enough by it to bitch on a Chinese cartoon board.

Faggot.

>want to set firefox as default browser
>have to navigate to the setting in the "settings app"
>when I select "firefox" from the list, it tells me to try edge
>the "Try edge" button is huge while the "select firefox anyway" one is tiny

>I'm not bothered enough by it to bitch on a Chinese cartoon board.
>bitches anyway

Thank you dear Pajeeet, 0.5 moneys have been added to your paypal account

it's people like you that need to fucking die in a mass shooting.

the fact that Microsoft is installing what many people would consider unnecessary or even bloatware onto your PC without the consent of the user is insulting. you shouldn't have to put up with bullshit like this if it's being sourced directly from the first party.

People who often shove this kind of bullshit aside because they can't be bothered to care are the reason why technically proficient users are getting cucked by these types of practices.

where's the fucking outrage? why isn't Microsoft getting backlash for this?

We are so proud of you, Pajeet. You show up to work every day. You're disciplined; we never have to tell you to get back to work. You always work hard when you're on the clock. An extra $0.25 has been deposited into your account. Thank you for all the hard work you do.

normies do not care, normies do not sperg out, normies are there for saavy ppl to make money from.

>It's okay because I can hide them for a month
Pajeet pls

Judging by the lack of people giving a flying fuck (i.e. pretty much no one), it is a non issue.

Your father should have shot you all over the wall. Trying to come in here with that "HERP IM SPESHUL" shit and acting like you are the only sane one and whomever else disagrees with your opinion needs to die. I seriously hope you get raped on the way home tomorrow

And windows xp automatically installed minesweeper, solitaire, freecell, etc. Its basically this generation's version of the same shit. I do think people should be able to turn off cortana if they want, but it is kind of useful being able to search your computer and the internet at the same time and dont really mind it. If you could set it to search in your default browser rather than edge natively without having to install a third party tool, it would basically be perfect (but you can change that if you take the time and do a little research). The pro/home thing has almost always been a scam and pro just had a bunch of stuff that 99% of users never used. Now those things are in both versions (shit like remote desktop or being 64bit). Realistically there should be no pro or home versions, since it doesnt matter now.

The update thing is complete bullshit and I totally agree with you, but it sort of makes sense since so many people would just not install updates ever and then say "windows has terrible security" when they were running antiquated releases.

Basically though this shit just amounts to minor announces at most, and go unnoticed 99% of the time

>>can't turn off cortana trash any more
how retarded are you? you can do this with group policy.

>>microsoft now preinstalls farmville, asphalt 8, netflix, twitter and other trash on windows 10 devices
same with this

>>the "Try edge" button is huge while the "select firefox anyway" one is tiny
You can block edge with it too via applocker.

i swear to god Sup Forums is filled full of retards

>you can do this with an obscure system setting, registry hack or third-party tool, retard xDDDDDDDDD

>I wish i knew how group policy worked
>But i dont because ive never worked in IT

totally missing the point, you fucking retard
enjoy having to edit fucking system files in a few years because even registry hacks won't work any more

you can literally use cortana to look up the step by step process for that shit if you want to.. Why would windows cater to the tiny fraction of neckbeards who actually care about this shit? If it bugs you the solution is literally a google search away

Why did you reply to my post twice?

>has worked in it
>doesn't appreciate the fact that even people who don't know how group policy works are fed up with Microsofts bullshit

Kys desu senpai

>group policy
>registry hack

pick one. for fucks sakes its the officially supported solution from MS.

technet.microsoft.com/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

Fact remains, you should not have to use group policy to turn off cortana

Fuck you for normalizing the botnet

>>doesn't appreciate the fact that even people who don't know how group policy works are fed up with Microsofts bullshit
who cares how some retards feel. what are they going to do, switch to linux? If they cant figure out simple point and click GPOs which tell you what the fuck they do, and to which MS hands you a guide holding your hand telling you what to do, they cant figure out the cli in linux.

And now think about why they make it so difficult to turn it off.

>The button to turn something off isnt in the app i want it to be in
Jesus fucking christ you phonefags have ruined computing.

it isnt difficult, they wrote a guide to make it simple enough for retards like you to do

How DOES group policy work? I don't know shit about shit.

Hope you're enjoying your Free Upgrade (TM), dear consumer!

- Pajeet

>microsoft did the correct thing, why are you so retarded, anyone should be able to set obscure registry hacks or be able to use a tool designed for network admins
You can stop, Pajeet

I use Windows 10 on all my computers with Edge as my default browser. Also own a Windows Phone, Surface, and an XBOX One.

:^)

where's the guide?

>And windows xp automatically installed minesweeper, solitaire, freecell, etc. Its basically this generation's version of the same shit.
only difference is those are good

see network admins would generally never be given GPO access in a corporate environment.

the autism is strong with this one.

>he has a point that I dislike
>let's just call him autistic, that will show everyone that he's wrong

Damn, calm down Pajeet, really working overtime today

>microsoft now preinstalls farmville, asphalt 8, netflix, twitter and other trash on windows 10 devices
Then fucking edit your AppProvisioning.xml you mongoloid

>can't turn off cortana trash any more
Wrong, easily disabled with registry edits

>win10 pro is now basically identical to home
Wrong, you still have vastly improved management tools and improved hardware support

>you can't even manually select what updates you want on fucking enterprise
Yeah, this one is fucking bullshit. I'll just leave updates disabled.

wew lad

>cares about software freedom
>doesn't give a fuck about freedom of speech
Found the retard.

Read the thread, having to edit system files or group policies is not an acceptable thing to do

>>you can't even manually select what updates you want on fucking enterprise
>Yeah, this one is fucking bullshit. I'll just leave updates disabled.
You can, run a Windows Server Update Services or System Center Configuration Manager server.

>please pajeet, dumb things down for me enough so that its like a phone with a single button.

Even WSUS now automatically installs updates after a few months of delay

So your argument is that win10 allows things that were "dumbed down" before? Pretty sure I did not have to use group polices to disable windows update in win7.

It doesnt, just disable automatic approval.

It is this way because retards like you would never install updates in a timely manner because you disabled WU, and then bitched about security. If you can't manage to set a GPO then you dont deserve to have control.

>then you dont deserve to have control.
This makes no sense. What was wrong with the setting "check for updates and notify before the download"? The only reason they made updates mandatory is because they want to have more control about your hardware and to install shit you wouldn't want.

>What was wrong with the setting "check for updates and notify before the download"?
The same as I said before, because people like you would never install them. If you can't set a GPO you dont deserve to install them later.

But I did install all security updates. And since when does microsoft decide that I "deserve" something or not. Why the fuck do they care about what I do with my computer? Why should I let them spy on me?

>wincucks will defend this

>But I did install all security updates.
Clearly you did not if you were just bitching about not being able to disable WU 2 posts ago.

>And since when does microsoft decide that I "deserve" something or not.
>Why the fuck do they care about what I do with my computer?
Since Sup Forums (and the rest of the internet autists) tried to make a meme out of security on windows. You made your bed, now lay in it.

>Why should I let them spy on me?
WU has nothing to do with spying on you.

>you were just bitching about not being able to disable WU 2 posts ago.
I only complained about mandatory updates
>Since Sup Forums (and the rest of the internet autists) tried to make a meme out of security on windows. You made your bed, now lay in it.
This makes no sense at all

>WU has nothing to do with spying on you.
Except they can now install all sorts of spying tools through it

>mfw i only use windows because of the surface book
this shit is too awesome to give up

>i swear to god Sup Forums is filled full of retards
Sure is, they're using windows 10

>I only complained about mandatory updates
No, you clearly wanted to disable WU: >Pretty sure I did not have to use group polices to disable windows update in win7

>This makes no sense at all
dictionary.com/browse/you-ve-made-your-bed--now-lie-in-it

>Except they can now install all sorts of spying tools through it
They could do the same thing before, just say it is a security update and people will blindly install it. Especially people who can't figure out how to configure a GPO.

If you keep accepting this shit, they will keep doing it and do even worse. You are a consumer and are paying for the product, you have right to demand, if you don't, you are just a sheep who is easy to fuck over.

>You are a consumer and are paying for the product, you have right to demand, if you don't, you are just a sheep who is easy to fuck over.
Almost no one here paid for windows 10. Enterprises do, which is why you can do this with GPOs on the Enterprise edition of Windows.

good thing that i use linux.

Kek

Rupees

You pay for windows laptop, so you pay for it. You have paid for 7 or 8, so you have paud for windows 10. If you think you got it for free so you don't have the right to demand, it is even worse. They will fuck you over and over again and you will feel powerlet

>You have paid for 7 or 8, so you have paud for windows 10.
Thats not the way it works. They gave it away for free for a limited time you were retarded enough to click sure.

Thankfully I don't use windows so I have not clicked on anything.
>gave it away
MS wouldn't do anything if it actually was free. You pay for it one way or another. Regardless of that my initial point still holds.

>You pay for it one way or another.
I didnt pay for it either way, I'm the fag with all the GPOs and installed KMSpico

>>if you think you got it for free, it is even worse. They will fuck you over and over again and you will feel powerless

>>I'm the fag with all the GPOs and installed KMSpico

why is this thread full of angry people defending windows 10

hello there Pajeet

Now we are getting into subjective bullshit that is irrelevant to the thread topic.

thanks microsoftpenisbecauseitsovermicrosoftfuck!

Oh.

Did I upset you? Nice greentext faggot.

There was no point, just ramblings of someone clearly so far lost from the realms of normal thought.

But hey, thinking people deserve to die in a mass shooting because they aren't up in arms about a company installing bloatware.

>I wonder why you fail your psych evals....

Which will not work on Windows 10 Pro if you keep telling the normies.

Technically proficient

Paranoid

Choose one

I'm pretty sure they disabled being able to turn off certain things on Pro even via GPO; you need Enterprise.

I literally embraced the botnet and sold all my privacy to corporations recently, but I'm still not installing Windows 10
It only offers problems, now I'm rolling on Ubuntu+Google everything and Win8.1 for legacy stuff that doesn't have a decent cloud or *nix alternative
I hope Google makes a meme desktop OS, it would completely wreck Windows

How is including games like farmville or asphalt any different from including stuff like minesweeper, solitaire, or pinball?

They are third party, all the others were first party
This is basically OEM bloatware, but now you get it from Microsoft

get a bootleg version of start 10 and you are golden

> microsoft