Male user here

Male user here.

Why is mediatek frowned upon here? They seem to make solid SOCs at affordable prices and usually beat out qualcomm in price/performance.

And the more popular phones with mediatek processors get custom rom support too, like the redmi note 2 or the LeTV Le 1.

Oh look fucktard is back with more moronic shitposting
Fuck off

Why so cranky?

Are you on your man period?

>synthetic CPU benchmark
>lol10cores
>lower single-core IPC
>dudewheresmybattery
>bone stock Mali GPU

I think that about covers it. I mean, they're probably great little SoCs for an ARM PC but mobile? Nah. This is silicon for currybros.

Mediatek smashes qualcomm in the budget end though

Sure, which is what matters for currybros and the developing world. More power to them but this is not an Exynos/Qualcomm equivalent. Heck, even Samsung can't make GPUs yet.

They do have their moments though.
Helio x10 vs SD808?
mtk6752 vs SD615?
mtk6735 vs SD415?

pecs or gtfo

>Helio x10 vs SD808?

Adreno 418 vs PowerVR G6200.

I'll assume the midrange comparisons are valid--I haven't owned any to date. Still, what Qualcomm is selling is GPU+perf/W. Mediatek is tweaking Cortex and selling it cheaper. If anything, Mediatek's improvement in the CPU benchmarks goes to show the relative gap closing between ARM's reference designs and Qualcomm's cores rather than some great leap forward for Mediatek.

LeTV Le 1 with the mtk6795t manages 5-6 hours SoT iirc with a 3000mAh battery according to reviews.

Way better than my lg g3 used to get.

But yes, in gpu performance qualcomm is still king

Remind me why in 2016 people need multi-core CPUs in a decide literally designed to transmitting voice over RF

Angry Birds is multithreaded

nigga u gay

And you're straight!

>Male user here

Why the fuck does faggoty ass OP have to tell us his fucking gender? The Fuck is wrong with you OP...aside from massive faggotry

Why not?

To differentiate from the females like you.

Post feet.

Feet.

Tits or gtfo

Because power consumption and custom roms have a tendency to be a bit iffy. If you're going for a budget phone it's fine though.

> man
That's quite a stretch.

>mfw lenovo k3 note
I have iPhone tier CPU performance, for a fraction of the price

>male user

Problem?

Yes. Why the need to classify your gender?