Bad news for neetco.de

Good evening everyone,

owner of neetco.de here. Germany really does not like anything related to hosting.

as of August 8th, I lost the rights to the neetco.de domain. according to the .de registry rules, I am required to renew the domain 5 days before it's expiry date, which is August 13th. the auto-renew did not go through because of a technical error. I have opened a ticket with Namecheap and evidently, if the domain is in redemption status, it will cost $200 to obtain.

that all sucks a lot, but that does not mean:

- any user data is gone. the server i run is still functioning. all user data is backed up like usual.
- i am in any legal trouble with any government.
- i have been issued any takedown requests by any copyright owner.

i know most of my userbase is from Sup Forums, so i thought i would post here also. hopefully it is not in redemption status. if it is, i will be forced to switch domains.

cheers, Sup Forumsentoomen. you can talk to me personally on:
- IRC (#neetcode on rizon)
- email ([email protected])

Other urls found in this thread:

neetco.de
neetcode/transparency/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bumping, hopefully at least one person sees this

Courtesy bump.

What were you NEETs coding?

Bumping for good OP

What the hell is neetco.de?

neetcode is a git hosting site with free private repositories, webhosting, continuous integration, and more. all free and privacy respecting, and not politically affiliated like some other sites.

>not politically affiliated like some other sites

Well, the SJWs have the domain now.

Looks like it's back up?

I remember when you first launched neetco.de (under neetcode.xyz or some shit) back when you had trouble getting an SSL cert and literally, since the inception of the site, nobody cared.

>post here also
Where else did you post if I may ask? I need another technology place to go to.

Fun protip for you: change the whois information on your website before letting it expire, otherwise Namecheap exposes your information during the autoRenewalPeriod even if you had WhoisGuard enabled.

I posted on twitter, but I guess that reached a limited amount of people also. So I guess you could call this the first actual post on someplace that matters

That's odd. Maybe they were able to recover it? I should be getting an email updating me

Why would it be redirecting to a blank nginx install, tho.

>i am in any legal trouble with any government
DELETE THIS

> Why would it be redirecting to a blank nginx install, tho.
For some reason nginx does not like to redirect you to the proper https version of the site. that happens on first visit, and it's just me being lazy. neetco.de works fine

greetings from America

on that same token, I also publish a warrant canary and invoices for the hosting costs. neetcode/transparency/

Aha. Grats then.

s/neetcode/neetco.de

currently mobileposting, sorry

also, thank you for this tip. it sucks that i gotta deal with this; why 5 days? why not an exact week?

This is not only for .de domains. Your old domain, the one on the xyz tld, is currently also in that state, and it likely will stay that way for another few weeks or months.

neets btfo

This is why I used gitgud instead of neetco.de