Laptop general

Thoughts on this laptop?

Would it be overkill to get for college courses?

Here are the specs
in 6700hq
16 gb ddr4
1TB hdd + 256GB ssd
960m 4GB

>acer
prepare for it to overheat/die within a year

depends on your budget honestly.

you could go 500-600 cheaper and get Acer Aspire E15 with an i5 processor minus the frankly unnecessary 4k ultra hd.

it will perform heavy-ish gaming and meet probably any schoolwork demands you can think of

Acers tend to have bad below factory worker quality. It's easly goes shit.

For college you are better of with specs that lower than that.

I recommend buying the Asus K501UX laptop, I use it myself. It is a pretty decent laptop and it is easily maintainable on hardware level.

Why is it so thin? Looks like a useless piece of shit.

Also why is this one so fucking thin? Do you enjoy having no battery?

What a piece of shit...

I am a fucking spoiled tard and have a rmbp and a nice rig for back at my apartment but for college man.
Just buy a T420 with an SSD and call it a day.
I'm not even trying to meme I wish I had saved my parents cash on the Memebook Pro and just gone the T420 route.

Why would you ever buy something that expensive that won't last one drop on the ground? What are you going to do with it? If it's just going to be on your desk build a pc, if you are going to take it around with you it will break.

Are you retarded?

This pos last up to 8 hours with Ubuntu on it, without the fucking proprietary driver.

Also this is a college laptop, 2 kg. That's why it is thin as your dick.

>College laptop
>over 200$

Here is your (you)
Now GTFO

No (you)

My acer is 5 years old already and I haven't even cleaned the inside once.

>960
Polaris and pascal chip laptops should be hitting the market soon
Better power and efficiency for value
Rest looks fine but not sure if it's overpriced

My laptop has 1GB RAM soldered onboard along with one DDR3 slot. The onboard memory went bad and now it won't boot. If I desolder the bad onboard memory I should still be able to use its 4GB DIMM, right?

If not, how much do you think a Latitude XT2 with a bad motherboard would go for online?

Also, if I have to buy a new laptop, I'm probably just going to get another XT2. Any suggestions on something better?

Find me a laptop that is under $200 and doesn't perform like a piece of shit.

I tried hard and the best I got was a Toshiba with an i3 inside of it for like 300

My brother got a similar model of this, except it didn't have the 4k reso and ssd.

Opening the laptop itself to replace the stock thermal paste, putting in an ssd and more ram was a little bit challenging. After everything was put back together it did take some things to make it turn on again like holding the power button while plugging the power chord in.

But on the bright side there is a m.2 slot so you could definitely add an m.2 ssd and have that 1tb of space as well.

Comes with bloatware, just get an iso of win10 64bit and it'll grab the key from the bios.

The 4k reso seems a little excessive, especially for that 960m.

Don't get this laptop for college, it's fucking massive.

>4K on a laptop
Waste of money

>4k
>GTX 960
>$1200
Are you fucking shitting me? No.

Yes, it is overkill

The whole point of a "college laptop" is that it IS supposed to be a complete piece of shit.

I used a $300 netbook with a shit n450 atom my whole time in college. No regrets:
> Fast enough for note taking, running econ software, doing basic web shit
> Too slow to play games... But if you're playing games in a lecture hall you might as well be a NEET fuck
> Cheap as hell, so if I break it, will be cheap to replace.
> 2-3lbs, small, portable, easy to transport

Buy a fucking netbook for college, faggot.

>college courses
Bait.
Fucking bait.

>asking Sup Forums for a laptop suggestion
Why don't you just call a Microsoft viral marketing firm thats all Sup Forums is anyways

Why do people buy anything that's not an ultrabook for college?