Why are Pascal graphics cards (GTX 1060 1070 1080) selling at like 20% above their MSRP...

why are Pascal graphics cards (GTX 1060 1070 1080) selling at like 20% above their MSRP? is Nvidia having manufacturing problems and cannot keep up with demand?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=evga gtx 1070&Submit=ENE
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=computers&field-keywords=gtx 1070
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Paid a 4% markup for mine

which card, and where?

see: apple marketing

I saw a couple of 1060s on newegg for 250, and some others for 260. Of course the 1070 and 1080 will be priced higher, Nvidia has no competition there, and if you're willing to spend $380+ on a card an extra $40 won't be a huge deal breaker.

Because idiots are still fighting each other for the right to be gouged. Fair fucks to Nvidia, they milk every last cent out of their loyal fanbase, which is the way it should be. They should bump each tier up another $100 next gen and see what happens. My guess is more record sales.

>MSRP means something

Dude, I got a 1060 for $260 3 days ago

There are 1060s for $249 on Newegg.

yeah it usually does. if street price > MSRP, then you're are the merchant's bitch.

>Nvidia
>NJudea
>Jewing people over

Because idiots will pay any price to get MOAR GRAFIX out of fucking videogames that aren't about graphics at all.

Idiots should be forced to play pre-1995 games exclusively for at least 2 years. They'll understand how graphics means shit.

The short answer is because people are willing to pay that price.

GTX 1070 MRSP: US$379

Street price: $440, $450, $460, +++

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=evga gtx 1070&Submit=ENE

$510 WTF?!

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=computers&field-keywords=gtx 1070

true. the price will be whatever the market will bear.

> ...out of fucking videogames that aren't about graphics at all.

have you played a video game with good graphics? try pic related at 4K, it will bring your non-1080, non-Titan GPU to it's knees :)

>Street price: $440, $450, $460, +++
nigga I gotta pay 540 EUROS (590 U$D) for a fucking 1070

this is why you leave the land of rapeugees and come to america. start enjoying freedom and shooting blacks as a pass time sport.

amerifag here

thx, now i don't feel so bad

Is reading comprehension so fucking hard with today's kids? No wonder you play stupid graphical clusterfuck non-game barely interactive movies instead of real videogames.

Seriously, YOU ARE NOW REQUIRED TO PLAY PRE-1995 GAMES EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS. REQUIRED.

Come back in two years and let me know how sorry you are and how stupid you were.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is garbage though. I have both it and the hardware to play it and haven't touched it since the week it came out, because it's fucking boring.

>instead of real videogames

go back to playing Zork, while the glorious PC master race basks in the glory of what 7 billion transistors on a GPU can draw

>witcher
You really think that fucking visual novel pile of shit with HORRIBLE controls is good?

You SERIOUSLY DO need to go play some old games, you dipshit little child.

what a dummy

$590? I gotta pay a whopping 2500 shekels(655 U$D) MINIMUM of you can even find one for that price. such is life in jewland israel.

FUCKING ISRAEL, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, YOU INVENTED GREED!

Just to give you an idea of real suffering,these are the prices in israel for the following cards (cheapest i could find and probably out of stock) :

Rx480 $400 USD

1060 $396 USD

1070 $655 USD

1080 $996 US FUCKING D

WHY THE FUCK DOES ISRAEL EVEN FUCKING EXIST? IT'S BEING RUN BY A RUSSIAN CUNT ACTING LIKE HE'S JEWISH AND BEING USED AS A POLITICAL TOOL IN THE REGION TO PREVENT PIECE

STOP THIS FUCKING CANCER, STOP PAYING YOUR TAXES TO THAT LEECH, SEE HOW MUCH THEY'RE RAPING YOU LIKE THEY RAPE EVERYONE ELSE

TWO STATE SOLUTION NOW!!

Will two state solution get me gtx 1060 for $250?

YES

I preordered a card from B&H Photo. They estimate to restock on the 17th. How badly did I fuck up?

how much did you pay?

$279.99 Free "expedited" shipping and no tax. I'm just wondering if they'll actually restock on the 17th like they claim. I hear they over extend themselves on preorders.

This has to be bait, but I'm going for it anyways.

You do realize that most adults can afford a Titan X, right? It's the price of a decent vacation, which most people are able to take. Almost 3 years ago I thought "maybe it is all about graphics, I guess I'll try" and got SLI 780TIs, and I guess the graphics were good, in the first couple of months I was mainly playing graphics-centered games (Battlefield 4, Far Cry 3, Skyrim with an ENB and every texture mod on the nexus, etc.) but then I started slowly reverting to Counter Strike, Civ, Fallout New Vegas and other games that might not have the greatest graphics, but knock other games out of the water in terms of gameplay (the Witcher 3 is also more graphics than gameplay-focused, btw, played it twice on ultra, and it's shit).

I guess the point I'm making is that I would have had almost as much use out of a single 780 these last the years as I've had from 2 780TIs, and when I upgrade, it's probably going to be an xx70 if nvidia, or an x90 from AMD (if I finally sell my dumbass fucking Gsync proprietary bullshit screen).

you bought a 1060?

The MSI Armor version, yeah.

its called price gouging friend. Look it up

God damn it, meant to write "isn't even the price of a decent vacation", oh well.

because jews

You're right, it's pretty stupid to buy a high end GPU these days when the vast majority of AAA games have 0 replay value