Mfw upgraded from a 2TB scorpio black to an ssd as my primary drive

>mfw upgraded from a 2TB scorpio black to an ssd as my primary drive
>mfw there's barely any difference for day to day tasks
Booting is maybe 3-5 seconds faster, apps load at roughly the same speed, and my pc doesn't feel much faster than it was before.

It's a 240GB kingston v300 btw. Waste of 90 aud.
Fuck your shitty SSD meme.

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock.net/t/1457629/psa-about-the-kingston-v300-ssd-probable-foul-play-by-kingston
pcm.com/p/Sager-Notebook-Computer-Notebook-Computers/product~dpno~13722242~pdp.jicbbgi
lpc-digital.com/product-category/17-laptops/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>kingston v300
op fucked up

Kingston drives
Nice bait poor fag
>posted from my ultra fast Samsung ssd

You're all retarded. Please kill yourselves.

Fuck you, Kingston is the second largest manufacturer of flash Memory in the world! They make good shit,that's why I always use kingston ram, and their sd cards have lifetime warranty.

overclock.net/t/1457629/psa-about-the-kingston-v300-ssd-probable-foul-play-by-kingston
Sorry op, u got fucked.

You played yourself by trying to cheap out on the price. Do some research first next time retard

>v300
See dun goof'd

Samsung is the only company you should be SDD's
only 120 Aud

I have the "good" version of that SSD, and even that one is slow. Fuck, a $55 CDN AData is like 30% faster easily.

>Kingston SSD
If I were you, I'd be chugging that bleach too.

Should have gotten a faster SSD like a 950 Pro or something.

I have an Intel 535 and it's slow

>op is a retard and doesn´t inform himself that samsung and maybe crucial are the only companys worth buying an ssd from and whines that about ssd meme

op you are a retard kill yourself

>ssds
>not nvme
Pic is my notebook

>guys i bought a microsd card why isnt it fast?

There is no good version of v300, even after the controller swap. Should've gone for crucial or samsung.

>no ramdisk

>v300

I know this is bait, and I like Kingston, but what you bought is a cheap SSD basically for replacing a busted old HDD in a laptop.

Is this kingston v300 faster than a 4 year old 7200rpm hdd?

I got it for free. I ended up using it in a crappy AMD APU mini PC that would've just bottleneck a faster SSD anyway.

Cheap out on the price? I bought my shitty 500GB SSD for $130. If anything OP overpaid.

Meanwhile on my Kingston UV400...

Why would you use RAMdisk with such a paltry amount of RAM?

Because you can

You can't spare any RAM if you only have 8 GB

If you're using Linux, SSDs really don't help that much. Linux is fast and it stays fast throughout years of use.

Now Windows on the other hand, if you don't have an SSD, you're absolutely fucked after a couple of months. Like jesus christ the shitty OS gets almost unusable slow. 0/10

The last Windows I ran on a HDD was Vista, and even that didn't slow down after 4 years of constant use. It's the garbage you install that slowly fucks it up.

>Pic is my notebook
This?
pcm.com/p/Sager-Notebook-Computer-Notebook-Computers/product~dpno~13722242~pdp.jicbbgi

I'm guessing these are pcie ssd speeds right?

Oh look it's an idiot

No
lpc-digital.com/product-category/17-laptops/

You can scroll through here, it's the dual 970m variant and the drives are two samsung 950 pros.

Yes that's the limiting factor keeping them from going any faster.

My boot time on Linux Mint went from 20+ seconds without an SSD to around 2-5 seconds with an SSD. I've never actually timed it, but after I got the SSD there was a massive noticeable improvement.

What's a good budget SSD I can get for my mom to replace her 5200RPM low power HDD?

I want her to feel the speed of SSDs (I own an 840 Pro)

Poorfag get with the times, it's all about PCIe/M.2

see Your outdated get with the times poorfag

>Linux on

>Apps
You are the cancer that is killing the industry

Penis

Samsung and SanForce are the only clear options besides SanDisk and Intel.

How are crucial ssd's?

Specifically mx100 and mx200.

>I didn't do any research (or I did, but didn't do it properly) before buying my SSD.
>I didn't do any research before concluding it's all SSDs that are only marginally better than my my previous drive.
>I didn't do any research before posting my idiocy on Sup Forums.
Well, you deserve it, OP:
You're dumb.

>still spewing this old and debunked lincucks is faster meme
Call me when your shitty OS gets a double digit market share despite beeing free.

>Call me when your shitty OS gets a double digit market share despite beeing free.
He won't because he can't :^)