Hey Sup Forums

Matte or glossy?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10976077
strawpoll.me/10976077/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mate
i dont wanna see my baldface

Who in their right mind would want glossy?

matte

people who absolutely need top notch sharpness, and have one of those black hoods that block reflections.

Glossy

matte is trash, everything seems so wrong.

Great but that's not most people, so why is the default glossy when its worse in most viewing conditions?

what wrong with the new version of gnome
what about kde, xfce or even lxde
fuck you could just use a wm dont need a de

>default is glossy

I don't now what you're talking about m8, I rarely see glossy in stores these days.

I like the way glossy looks but I do not like the reflections.

Mostly because it looks sexier in the store.
Maybe because it's easier to clean it.

so matte reached glossy screens clarity yet? if not, glossy is better, who wants to look at grain rainbow colors wherever are bright colors

this

>wanting to see you disgusting reflection everytime you shut down your monitor
>having a screen brighter than your future

>caring about how your face looks

I kinda have both.

When seen from the front, with the monitor shut down, I can only vaguely see my reflection..unless I'm very close to the monitor, when I can see clearly.

However, when seen from the side, it's as clear as a mirror.

Glossy fur sir. matte for a laptop. or you could use a anti reflective layer, sticker thing

Glossy for dark places and matte for everything else. It's so sad that phones are glossy

Fucking idiot

glossy is like having white furniture. When both get slightly dirty they look like shit.

don't touch your monitor then

Just don't cum on your screen

>don't touch your monitor
oh, so I should just let that bug crawl all over my screen?

You can blow on it you fag.

yea, or blow it away like a normal person. that means not spitting on the display.

gently swipe cloth outwards, you don't need to squash the thing

meant for

matte faggot

lets get a poll going.
strawpoll.me/10976077

So it can just come back to the screen or rot on my floor?

Because everybody has a cloth next to them at all times.

this is more than just about bugs, there are just certain situations where you eventually, either through stupidity or extremely situational reasons have to touch a screen. One mistake can make your screen look like shit and there's no reason to sacrifice the wipes if you can just use matte

semi-glossy

matte can get dirty too except from touches if your hands are clean but then again small touches are easily cleanable from glossy without any sign of smudges ever being there

This, matte for general use, gloss for when background light is at low level.

Matte should be the only option.
No matter how much you try, you will never ever be able to completely remove reflections from a glossy screen.

>So it can just come back to the screen or rot on my floor?
What the fuck else are you going to do with it?

retina display doesn't have this problem

Is that what Tim Cook said, when he fucked you in the ass? You must really hate common sense.

Matte. Last thin I need need is a constant reminder I'm out of shape and have an autistic expression 24x7.

>He doesn't want to be a pretty girl.

Matte, fuck glare.

ahaha why butthurt? no problem with retina here.

>living in denial

it's common for sheeple to have no problems.

Glossy is only good for narcissists, i.e. macfags.

Glossy has better image quality, this can't be debated.
If you are using your computer in a controlled lighting environment, glossy is better. For laptops and computers in bright rooms, matte is preferable.

Glossy should be the only option.
No matter how much you try, you will never be able to remove the light diffraction from a matte screen.

I went from a glossy screen to matte display and it was a huge improvement, I'm never touching a matte display ever again, specially if you have a properly lit room.

I can't stand glossy anything
sure it looks nice but as soon as you have to touch it game over

What's it like for your existence to be this worthless?

I'm not the one with a mac.

this applies to psp, phones, etc etc, why the fuck do lot of you want to touch the screen, it's not supposed to be touched

strawpoll.me/10976077/
only 14 votes? come on faggots, fight for your team

Glossy, because why would you want to smear your eyeballs with patroleum jelly?

Every form of quality improves when the screen is glossy.

Glossy OLED is gonna be fucking amazing.

Matte, forever and ever.

How is this even a fucking question?

Semi-glossy like what Dell currently uses is the best. Doesn't distort the image like their old AG coatings where you could literally see the grain, but nor is it fully glossy that washes out in the slightest light.

what is the cheapest dell monitor that uses this?

Glossy for indoors and matte for outdoors.

I hope for you and wanna believe that you didn't understand the post

Matte so I don't have to see my shameful reflection ;__;

Matte

Any Ultrasharp, I think. Some in their P-series too.

Glossy looks better I guess.

How is glossy supposed to increase sharpness?

CRT

strawpoll.me/10976077/
vote

It's poor form to recreate reddit threads on Sup Forums, OP.

Matte screens generally introduce chroma noise and slight blur

The coating or whatever that makes it matte introduces a bit of blur and makes the image less sharp.

thought i would hate glossy, but its not bad with the lighting conditions are controlled.

Development of low-reflection glossy displays is the future. Like the new Pro iPads. Matte will always feel like something being held back.

even shilltech can't hide the huge reflection on those displays

You do realise that the right one is actually matte?

Matte is an extra layer on the screen. In theory glossy looks better but in reality it's unusable reflective shit only for retard basement dwellers.

Glossy for monitors, matte for laptops. I currently have it the other way around though

>having a screen brighter than your future
Don't know why that made me laugh so much

PSP has a faceplate tho.

>linax retards

They were demonstrating it you fucking idiot. If they were hiding it they'd have used some weak ass light at a funny angle.

I'll always prefer matte, it's just easier on the eyes. The one thing people always skip over in these arguments is that matte decreases eye fatigue. Glossy you're looking at a mirror forever.

But not too heavy matte. Good matte still looks smooth and has a sheen to it. Dell make awful matte screens for example. To most people they're fine but I have sensitive as fuck eyes and I'm autistic af dell matte ====== awful grainy crystal rainbow mess most of the time

Their "ultrasharp" line a few years ago was the worst.

BenQ's matte is usually good.

Glossy is for TVs and shit not a monitor you sit two feet from. The negatives outweigh the positives unless you have specific needs when it comes to glossy monitors.

>Glossy you're looking at a mirror forever.
your eyes must have shit focus

Nah, you missed the point. There's always a reflection. This increases eye fatigue.