France says fight against messaging encryption needs worldwide initiative

>France pushing to ban cryptography
>Classic >muh terrorists
>Wants worldwide initiative

>reuters.com/article/us-france-internet-encryption-idUSKCN10M1KB

When will the cancer stop, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

somebodythinkofthechildren.com/australia-bans-small-breasts/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Public_servers_on_the_Internet
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well france has been the enemy of liberty ever since roughly 50 years after the french revolution

Why, do you have something to hide?
You're not a pedo or a terrorist, are you?

wtf I hate france now

France is a funny country and they have OVH too.

the encryption boogyman is starting to slow down quite a bit. Mainstream outlets are convincing normies it's okay through twitter & facebook. even Firefox has a footer message about some shitty emoji encryption game. If you wanna help out explain to people what HTTPS is.

Nothing will come of it. HTTPS Is needed for encryption and can be used for messaging. HTTPS Will never be blocked.

The first country that bans encryption will be the first country whose bank system falls apart

Give me your cc number if you don't have anything to hide.

When the cancer is eradicated. You know who I'm talking about.

>encryption is a crime, except when we do it.
>muh national security
I can see this speech going full steam ahead already

>muh terrorists
And yet we know French terrorists used unencrypted SMS.

>OVH
What does this mean?

It's a hosting company.

Good. I'm not a pedo or a terrorist, I don't watch anime either. I have nothing to hide and support this

>memes
Please stop and be serious about this. They don't think this is a joke so we better don't either.

how can they force me to not use encryption? there isn't any law to protect the right to use encryption but there are many to protect privacy.
The only way to detect that a plaintext email or chat message is actually a gpg encrypted text is to access and read the content, so if arrest someone for the only reason of using encryption they also confirm they are indiscriminately spying on their citizens.

>so we better don't either.
you underestimate the idiocy of the typical shitposter

Nah they'll implement encryption licenses. Encryption gets classed as a weapon, and so you need permission from the government to use it.

Which wouldn't work either, there's no way to regulate or ban encryption. Might as well regulate cat pictures.

the next breakthrough in cryptography should be named after the figurehead trying to push anti cryptography

>how can they force me to not use encryption?
Guess what, a state can enforce it's rules by violence. So, by putting you in jail for either
a) using encryption
b) not using their backdoor-ed shit encryption
Either way we're all fucked if these pieces of shit get their way.

country of backwards cucks. If you wish to stop terrorists, stop letting them in.

I seriously have no problem with banning encryption for citizens as long as durkas can't hide anymore

encryption is math .

if a durka can math he can encrypt

yes let's ban maths

All terrorist attacks happened recently in the EU were planned over unencrypted channels.
Intelligence agencies can't find these messages because they hoard too much data to process in time. French agencies are particularly inept at their job too.

Then make installing encryption software without permission a crime.

The issue is that criminals don't follow the law in the first place, which makes making laws like this fucking retarded.

They also banned meths, what next, ban moths?

considering what I do with my encryption rights, I wouldn't even notice such a change

Can't we just bomb the Eiffel Tower and tell them if they don't shut the fuck up, we'll do it to the rest of their nation too?

The French are the twinks of civilization man.

20 shekels have been transferred to your account

In Italy they are proposing a new cyberbullying law. Up to 6 years of jail and seizure of equipment.

They would literally have to get rid of Linux. Period. No ban pansy nonsense.
>inb4 lol 2% mktshare
And 30% server marketshare. Often by governments. Shit ain't happening.

>putting shitposter and underage facebook kids in jail
sounds good

>classify math as a weapon
Oh boy how children would rejoice

I've decided that that statement is offensive and that you're bullying me so I reported you

enjoy your jail sentence

can you scan your credit card and post it here please ? Since you got nothing to hide..
When you're buying things online it's encrypted. Anything related to banks, professional mails, etc. are encrypted. Your personal data should be encrypted by default.
Journalists should be able to crypt their messages and hide themselves from everyone so democracy can exist.
Retards saying they got nothing to prove are retards than believe their government propaganda (only terrorists and pedos use encryption).

Oh, and you can't trust governments. They can make things illegal whenever they want if they want to fuck you. see :
>somebodythinkofthechildren.com/australia-bans-small-breasts/
tl;dr : If your girlfriend have small breast and you got pictures of her in your computer, even if she's 18, 21 or whatever, you're a pedo.

1.) Invite millions of rapefushits
2.) Terrorize your own population with nazi-laws
3.) ???
4.) Profit!

reminder that France had passed a bill improving their security by increasing their spying on people and a few months later 130 people got killed in a theater in paris.

and banned guns 70 years prior!
when will assault trucks be banned?

>le santorum is frothy buttjuice XD
That's petty gay leftwing childish shit.

I identify as an assault truck and this triggers me

>Invite millions of rapefushits

b-but somebody will have to do all those menial jobs, right?

Yes, the under-educated white people because said rapefushits ain't doing jack shit while the taxpayers pay for them.

I honest to god hope you're joking

Automation, man. Also, LGBTQBBQ faggots are the first to go once they're done with them. Merely sockpuppets.

This is why we know the NSA shitposts in Sup Forums.

>30% server marketshare for linux?
that seems quite low, i know that for webservers it's at least 60% for linux
pic related is for public webservers on the internet

forgot to add that this is from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Public_servers_on_the_Internet

I think the makers of these apps should give keys over to government authorities. People have their protection from hackers and such and government can stop terrorist attacks. Everyone lives. Everyone wins.

stop shilling, nobody believes you

No one wants their data unprotected. But no one wants to get blown up by terrorists either. Why shouldn't encryption companies work with government authorities?

I would gladly give up my right to use encryption if Trump was in charge, but I would fight it if Hillary's administration was in charge.

Well I don't think anyone should be sending personal data in clear text. But I do believe encryption companies should be required to work with government officials. If I was them I would feel horrible about myself knowing I was shielding criminals and aiding terrorism. I don't think anyone wants that.

And CP is just arrangements of 1s and 0s

Good thing you don't decide that and police will ignore your report

Web encryption sucks because of the many CAs that can and certainly *will* abuse it.

I guess France will just choose to be left out of any future advancements in communications and global infrastructure. That's their choice, I guess.

Banning or regulating encryption systems is essentially choosing not to have your country participate in the global economy in the future.

I'm ok with this, all the French people I've spoken to online are rather annoying.

I think this is a wise choice; if the West isn't going to abandon our ideals in integrating more Muslim refugees into our societies and making multiculturalism a success then we just need to accept some common sense limits on privacy for the public good.

I'm submitting a formal request for your bank account number and routing number for inspection. If you're not a terrorist, you won't be afraid to show me your numbers.

The agencies and institutions you're choosing to give that kind of unregulated anti-privacy authority to consist of people you don't know, who don't actually care about you, and if anything, were selected because of their tendancy to be abusive to others and seek to have control over other people's lives.

Your private information would be better-off in my (singular) hands than in their many authoritarian power-tripping hands, I absolutely promise you that.

So to stop terrorists we need to expose ourselves to cyber terrorism?

No thanks, I'm not using encryption on my local drives but i prefer to use https and even point to point encryption just for protection and to prevent add trackers also some ISPs plans to use deep packet inspection and sell the data to advertisers THIS has gone out of hands and we need encryption more than ever.

PS. i doubt terrorists use internet that much to plan shit cause they know it's being monitored.

PSS. read 1984 and brave new world

Adding vulnerabilities (a backdoor) in hopes that no one will find and exploit them.

Or just better, how do you add a backdoor on an open source project?

//This is an NSA backdoor please don't exploit it

That's half the reason these anti-encryption bills are being introduced: any software that doesn't implement these backdoors is non-compliant. Open-source software cannot implement these backdoors, thus is non-compliant. Thus, open-source software can no longer be used for applications requiring communication or security, forcing proprietary-only options where they can insert more bullshit "telemetry"

>banning cryptography
>out of 10% of PC users have used this before and not sort of a big deal to decrypt codes.
>banning it ever

Open your legs for all Muslim immigrants in the world and then blame encryption.
SAGE

>All these outraged Ameritards
Serioursly if you are American you have no saying in the issue so shut the fuck up

France is finally regretting taking in all those Syrians. Guess an attack every other day is finally too much.

Actually anyone who uses any kind of encryption (everyone) has a say in this.

>When will the cancer stop, Sup Forums?
When people demand politicians dogfood their own policies.

>wants to ban crypto
>wants backdoors in crypto
>wants banking and online to stay secure

stay pleb, france

I think he meant taht for people living in the land of freedom there wouldn't be any change, with nsa and friends

Napoleon and Hitler fault

>france successfully bans encryption
>isil switches to cyber attacks instead and blows the fuck out of their banks and government

France brought this on themselves.

France == Iran/Qatar/Congo/China
Hope this country will leave EU and become the New New Delhi!

>terrorists try to encrypt their communications
>comes out as senseless garbage because encryption is illegal
Bravo France, you've done it. Just like how all those attacks failed because the guns recognized they were illegal in that jurisdiction and could not fire as a result.

Liberty

>implying Caseneuve isn't a massive incompetent sucker who can't and wont do shit but exhale air while mooving his lips in order to give an illusion of action

>terrorists used telegram which provide a way to encrypt your messages
>terrorists didn't even used the encryption feature
>terrorists are a bunch of stupid people that can't encrypt their messages

Why do they want to ban encryption ? Terrorists are just stupid and will never encrypt anything. They can't use gpg, telegram. Whatever the tool you give them, they won't be able to use it properly.

What is the real reason behind such laws ?

France banned encryption in the 80s and 90s too. The net result: nothing got developed in France.

And, I live in the UK, and we've got our own problems in that regard (although the way things are going, we can work around them if we engineer strong cryptography carefully, publish open-source software, and never own or operate any servers for it - which is probably the smart approach in the first place).

You're missing only one word - export - and that's exactly where we were back in the bad old days of the 90s.

We know all the negative consequences of what happened as a result, and we - as engineers - will not go back there.

Clipper. We've been over this whole thing already, and you're very provably wrong.

You realise you're right both ways: both US candidates for president want to ban, or at least severely limit or backdoor, encryption.

I don't really give a shit, I'm going to publish anyway, but that's where you are.

Certificate Transparency helps as a first step in this regard, but yes, it's far from what I'd ever call good.

Here in the Netherlands our politicians are constantly pressured to keep encryption legal and decryption orders illegal.

But you guys are making the fight increasingly difficult.

The next breakthrough in cryptogrophy has allready been done though. Quantum Cryptogrophy is a thing, it just doesn't work very well over long distances yet. I read somewhere that the furthest range that quantum key exchange has worked for is more than the distance between the pentagon and the whitehouse, which probably means it's being used allready.

i know this is a rhetorical question
the reason is to prevent the citizens to use it to do things as speak out against the fascist gov etc

I can't trust you, a complete stranger with 100% malicious intent. However, I can trust Microsoft because they're a big company and they would have a PR problem if they in any way mishandled my data - and nobody wants that. They have a responsibility to society.

Or they could, you know.. STOP LETTING FUCKING MUSLIMS IN!

You fucking xenophobe.

Who is checking what MS do with your data? If you trust them based on their size then you're a complete fucking retard.

This, governments letting all this shit skins in, only for them to be made redundant in 5-10 years.

>Medical Definition of xenophobe. : a person unduly fearful of what is foreign and especially of people of foreign origin.

>Unduly?
They've proven to the world they are unfit for civilized life. Lock them in their shit hole countries for a few more centuries until they evolve enough to rejoin us.

If someone said that you wanted all nazis to be banned, nobody would bat an eye.
But muslims can hide their hate group by calling it a religion and suddenly anyone who questions them is a racist?

Could not have said it better myself.

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman.

Why aren't there any encryption SJWs already? I'd totally get behind that.

Didn't most of the terrorists use non encrypted phones? So, if they can't stop it without encryption, why do they really want to ban encryption?

test

>government is literally sending out boats to find more muzzies and ship them into Europe
>you think surrendering your rights to the government will help combat durkas

Ayy fucking lmao

>More or less all of the attackers that France has had were using unencrypted devices, mainly burner phones
>"WE NEED TO BAN ENCRYPTION"

It's been proven time and time again that spying on your own people has no positive effect on terrorism, otherwise there would be no terrorism right now.

The more data you have the less you know, stop collecting everything and start focusing on the real problems, like the segregated communites which have a huge problem with radicalisation.

France is a fucking pathetic country and it deserves to be attacked repeatedly for having some of the most poorly thought out immigration and security policy on the planet.

>France is a fucking pathetic country and it deserves to be attacked repeatedly for having some of the most poorly thought out immigration and security policy on the planet.
I'm french and I can't find anything to respond, this is so fucking true, whenever you critic the prrime minister, he says " I won't allow anyone to critic the governement", this guy is a moron and is actively helping daesh bombing the coutry.
Leftist are destroying the country by being passive pussies and afraid of hurting anyone's feeling.

At some point they wanted to ban tor, vpn and proxies because they couldn't have control over them.
Some people also want tot ban cryptocurrencies as they're a threat to "real money".

So what about business that want to encrypt their data and such, these encryption bans are retarded.

At least he's the one who got Taubira out of the government. That bitch was putting immigrants with dual citizenship before french people with only french nationality.

Anyway, this is the first election I'll be able to vote. As someone who doesn't really follow the french media (I'm currently in Canada) is there any party who seems to want to do anything about immigration other than Le Pen? Are the Republicains actually getting their shit together? Is there a strong leader we can actually get behind?

They can use a government-approved encryption programme, complete with anti-terrorist backdoor the government promises it will only use if it really really needs to :^)

not really, it's more of a political battle for the leadership of les republicains for now.