Have any of you ever used a Powerline Adapter to get better internet speeds? My wifi is just awful...

Have any of you ever used a Powerline Adapter to get better internet speeds? My wifi is just awful. Paying for 300 mbps and only getting around 80 and i'm pretty close to the router.

Before you ask I have made sure that my router and modem are capable of over 500mbps.

Have you tried a LAN cable

It depends heavily on your wiring. I had a pair connected across the breakers and it worked for the most part. Not sure why exactly but it periodically drops the connection (and I have to unplug and replug the ethernet cord).

>i'm pretty close to the router.
Run a cable, it'll be much better.

Have you tried calling your ISP and telling them they're ripping you off

By close I meant physically. The router is directly upstairs from me so running a cable would require running it around the entire house down stairs or drilling a hole through the wall.

I'm set up with the main router in my house plugging into a pair of these and connecting to another router, which my computer connects to via LAN. Speeds are fantastic but I have the same problem as this guy

That said, just run an ethernet if you can.

This isn't usually helpful as they usually say "its UP TO 300 mbps" that doesn't mean it will always be there. It never is though.

>(and I have to unplug and replug the ethernet cord)
Don't do that. Change adapter settings -> disable / enable adapter. If you're on Linux ifconfig eth0 down ifconfig eth0 up.

Have you tried cable? Maybe your connection is just 80mbps

I've used one in the past. In my experience, they provide a very stable connection which winds up being great for gaming. However, for actually downloading shit, they will probably wind up being slower than your wifi. Even downloading torrents, mine would cap out at around 2.0MB/s.

Friend bought one to try it out, router on the other side got under 2MBps

Then drill, you fucking mong.
Drilling a hole is always easier and produces better results than begging for purchase advice on Sup Forums, and unless you're earning CEO-bux it'll cost you less in time and money.

Or are you the kind of schlong-juggler who doesn't even own an 8P8C crimper?

Can you please elaborate. Becausr this also happens to me, and it's driving me crazy. I also unplug and replug the powerline adapter. I'm on winblows btw

I've used some older TP-link ones, claimed 500mbit but barely got 40mbit out of it, I guess it depends on how good is your wiring. Also they 'died' pretty quickly due to leaky caps, which is obviously easily fixable but annoying to do.

I was planning on going from router > powerline > electrical socket > Powerline > computer.

Thats my set up and I get under 2MB/s

What if user is only renting the place?

ITry order from one rusie and conect it to my elecktirla wiring in the home of mine. Whenput into the electirl wiried hole sparks fly in and out from the hole and shut in and off my home electrike. now im still poor and cant fix it so at librarie and post that.

No, I really can't spoon feed it more than what I already did. You don't need to unplug anything. Just reset the network device.

I've been using a powerline adapter for a year now and the speed is pretty good (~80Mbps down). The only issue is that it will drop the connection maybe twice a day and need to be disabled/enabled like
said.

Flip your breaker and tighten up the screws on your electrical outlet in this order.

It works if the wiring is good on your computer. I had one because it was a wifi deadzone in my room somehow. It freaking works its amazing. witchcraft, I tell you.

File a complaint with the FCC.

I use one that also comes with a wireless caster. It works great.

>implying user's landlord will notice a little spackling paste/a conveniently-placed rug
FUCKING DRILL