Did you buy nvidia and amd shares year ago?

Did you buy nvidia and amd shares year ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.nasdaq.com/symbol/amzn/dividend-history
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is a stupid question I'm sure but I'm still curious.

So let's say you buy shares of Nvidia or AMD or whatever at $1/share. Then some super duper hype train comes along and it spikes to $30/share and you sell it so you made $29.
Where does the extra $29 come from? I'm aware you're selling back to AMD/Nvidia but where do they get all the extra dosh?

You are selling your shares to other people, not back to the company

Oh ok that makes a lot more sense

ffs how old are you

The key is using your intuition and pattern recognition to find out when they're about to go wild. Then selling. Stocks like this are called 'high and dry' because they've been up so long no one really knows when the next PR incident or flop is going to be so no one really wants to buy. When you sell the shares finally the money doesn't all go to you either, you have exchange costs and market fees. In the end, you could end losing a lot of profit. On the other hand, I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about and I've been bullshitting.

The company is also obliged to pay you a dividend.

>share prices just fucking go up and down completely arbitrarily
Brah. You need to look in to Bitcoins.

amd/intc master race

Probably should have picked up Nvidia too, but back then I wasn't too impressed with their outlook.

>pattern recognition
AMD have been fairly predictable. Riding steadily before product launch, crashing on earnings after product launch. Screen cap this, AMD will go back down to $2-3 after Zen launches. They'll be hyped up again by the time Zen APUs come around.

This is not a comment to on their performance, Zen could very well end up exceed expectations, the stock value is just unrealistically high compared because of what the market expects of them.

no they're not
dividends don't have to be paid

>I wasn't too impressed with their outlook.
Yeah, their potential for growth didn't look great. I certainly didn't expect the GPU sales that we're seeing now.

>P/E ratio: 54.12
another recession here we come.

>dividends don't have to be paid
This. Apple went seven years without paying dividends before 2012.

I've been short selling nvidia since may and dumping profits in AMD

not mentioning other stock picks but the trend fits well, I've been called a retard on these boards but AMD stock is so cheap, anyone with a minimum knowledge on zen and vega just shows that it's a buy or bust situation it's all good

following the hype on these boards, the black boxes from high frequency trading must've picked it up even if the AI hype is burning down with musk buying freaking solar city and the tesla casualty

living the dream Sup Forumsentoomen

>anyone with a minimum knowledge on zen and vega

>Zen
>Haswell performance

>Vega
>Will be another disappointment

the only reason the interest picked up is thx to big data, industry 4.0 and IoS. world is watching vulnerable climate, I'm just a noob but I have flair

even if AMD goes bust, if company X buys 'em out the stock shoots up and you'll always need a duopoly according to regulation

ask Russia or China to buy Intel, they'll choose AMD

here, just be aware of the coming crash. Zen could be the return of the first athlon and it wouldn't matter. The stock will still tank.

>ask Russia or China to buy Intel, they'll choose AMD

The USG is already blocking China from buying Intel CPUs because they're using them to build their new supercomputers.

They will do the same with AMD.

The time doesn't have to be precised, but they are technically obliged to do that…

>technically obliged
not really, they can choose to reinvest it in the company.

>Zen
>Haswell IPC (read: not haswell performance)
>More cores, more clocks
Haswell-e performance at least

Someone should tell amazon, I don't think they've understood that.
m.nasdaq.com/symbol/amzn/dividend-history

>clocks
>on the leaky GF 14nm LPP process

Every time AMD has depended on GF to deliver, they've always fucking failed.

Amazon need to make their own Alphabet, if only AWS is separated that's such a cash cow. People predicting another tech crash have no clue, there's a disconnect with retiring baby boomers, although the way BTC fell after $60MM got stolen from a hack in bitfenix in HK just shows how volatile everything is to hacking - its just the biggest weakness in every aspect

>>Haswell performance

... at 3/4th the clockrate, on an ENGINEERING SAMPLE. Plus Skylake is 5% within Haslel which is 5% within Ivy which is 5% within Sandy Bridge, oh except they all have shit thermal paste instead of soldered IHS so they overclock like shit and Intel is even threatening motherboard makers to remove BCLK overclocking.

If Zen is just Haswell performance, it is already a gigantic win because Intel is a gigantic anti-consumer cunt.

I bought 2500 shares of amd at 1.98 last fall. AMA