Did i do good Sup Forums

Just backordered one of these babies off of Newegg, opinions?

It's a generic MSI Twin Frozer cooler made for countless GPU models.
What are we fucking psychic?

The name of the picture reveals it to be a 1060, so it's fucking trash.

infact it is a 1060

Yeah, enjoy it. What are you upgrading from?

GT240

Op did you get the MSI Gaming 1060 or Gaming X because the X version has a better cooler and oc. Also the GX version is in stock (or was last night).

wew lad

you'll be able to play real time games and not just turn based games.

enjoy!

Enjoy your coil whine and enormously loud fans

It idles around 39dbi, wut on about? AMD didn't release a 490 so to fucking bad buddy. I'm not waiting another year and half while lasting on a GT240.

I'll give summit ridge a shot.

upgrading from a 745

Get the GX and not the G. The better cooler is worth paying msi more despite Jewvidia's cash grab.

>GT240
How did you survive?

I've only got Intel HD graphics ;_;

I had the CS skin insanity. I barely get 30fps in csgo. I mostly play older games ranging from 1995-2005.

They both have the same cooler with the backplate and "armor." gaming x just has higher clocks. Maybe they're higher binned?

I bought an MSI 1070 Armor OC for 390 bongbucks, did I fuck up?

Yes that's what I'm hearing. The cooler is also a little different and it was in stock on Newegg and not "Backorder" last night. I had to get a dvi-d to vga adapter since my cheap 1080p monitor only has a vga input. The 480 was extremely tempting but I really needed better linux performance instead of marginal DX12/Vulcan performance. I lost hope in AMD's performance oriented gpu's.

I don't currently see myself ever needing 1070 performance when the 1060 can overclock a few steps shy of a 980ti (non-oc'ed). I'm marginally eased async doesn't completely cripple the card like it did with the 900 series cards despite it still doesn't add a performance improvement.

Me irl

I've bought same design 1080 for 490 bongdollars, this had to be first msrp matching price in UK.

Where the fuck did you buy a 1080 for 490 quid? Was it used?

its the exact same cooler and card with a slightly different bios.

Didnt want to create a post just for this question.

Would I regret buying this Sapphire Rx 470? Any huge difference between the Nitro version? I'm kinda short on cash so every dollar matters right now.

So ugly. I really don't like the red. Also overpriced for what it is. But, if you like that shit whatever

>Any huge difference between the Nitro version?
yeah obviously that cooler is hugely worse.

I thought after the r9 2xx series, temperature wasnt a huge issue. Is the cooler such a deal breaker?

If you run Linux, you'll regret buying it. By the time AMD gets their Linux drivers in a really good place it'll be time to buy a new card.
If you run Windows it's a nice card for the price.

It's not. The Nitros are just clocked higher and less ugly.

This is why I went with the 1060.

I'm using windows, I'll buy it then.

Thanks

my hd7750 died.
r7 260x 1GB for $60.
is this worth it?
i don't really gayme, just played mgs v and xcom2 for the last year.