I accidentally dropped my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to a hard ground and it left a crack on the screen...

I accidentally dropped my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to a hard ground and it left a crack on the screen. The phone is still operational though and despite the cracks, the screen is still acceptably visible.

As I understand, it's impossible to fix the screen on these devices at this point in time. Would I be able to use it for at least another year in this shape?

Get a replacement by telling Samsung customer service their a bunch of lying fucks and that you're going to call the Better Business Bureau and file a lawsuit for false advertising

>buying samsung
i dont even feel bad

He made the right choice, it's the best android phone you can currently but unlike that pos the 6p

>not buying a case because you want to show it off

We keep telling you faggots to buy cases then you call us clumsy gorillas. No buying an $800 pocket PC made of glass and not having any kind of protection on it is just RETARDED

I did have a case, but the case's depth didn't go up high enough to cover the front part, effectively was worthless. I didn't swap it because someone else who was technology-illiterate bought it for me before the phone even arrived and I didn't want to waste the money.

You're both right though, I should have just bought a different one that actually covered the front. And yes, cases are necessary; who the hell thinks they aren't?

You can get it repaired.

I got mine repaired through samsung officially for $280AUD

>touchwizz

Would it work if it was a carrier-assigned phone? I got the T-mobile one and I don't believe it is listed on Samsung's website.

I bought several s7 cases and they were all the same. It's the way the S7 is designed. The S6 had better cases.

I fucking dropped samsung after the S7, I couldn't take their bullshit anymore.

Not sure, just ask their support?

Yeah, contact Samsung and they'll fix it. Only go through your carrier if you have a protection plan or some shit - they take for fucking ever.

Also, OP is a total faggot for shattering his screen.

>buy 30 eurobucks dumbphone
>just werks
>no malware
>if it breaks i'll just buy another one

I don't know if
is right but where did you hear you can't repair. I thought a screen replacement was like 200 bucks. Just go down to the Samsung store wherever it is, hopefully you don't have to send it away.

>Bought a 6p and a case for it

Literally works beautifully and doesn't have a scratch.
Dat FP unlock so damn fast. hnnnngh

Stay mad.

You can fix it but you have replace the LCD and digitizer. New screen is around 200ish. So find a place that will do it if you buy the screen, for around 50 or so.

>will do it if you buy the screen
are you fucking retarded? He won't get any warranty from the guy that will replace the display this way

>tfw next iphone is made completely of glass
>tfw next iphone is designed to break to suck as much money out of apple tards as possible

Sounds like every apple device ever.

Phone store fag here. Every Samsung has 2 years manufacture cover however it does not cover user caused damage. You should get insurance next time. Just last year I had a guy come in claiming that his phone fell in a lake and since he had his fees up to date we just took excess fee €70 and give him a brand new edge

sounds like next galaxy s8 :^)

you can't lol for s6 and s5 maybe for $50 (from aliexpress/ebay) and diy, those thing on s7 edge are glue between digitizer and screen.

Nice trips. I had a customer that came with a s6 and half of the screen was gone . It was weird because it was perfectly in the middle . We checked and the phone was still covered by manufacture warrant. We send it out and 10 days letter the phone was back . On the enveloped there was a big message 'Warranty Voided; unauthorized repair' that what you get for trying to go to chink repairs

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Yes. Get a tempered glass screen protector to cover up the cracks and restore the surface.

The worst part is psychological. Try to get a background that hides the cracks and use dark themed apps so you don't see them on white so often.

It also helps to think about the replacement phone that is "on the way" and reassure yourself that this is only temporary.