ITT: We discuss the prospects of adding a micro SD slot and the ability to torrent to every electronic device on earth

ITT: We discuss the prospects of adding a micro SD slot and the ability to torrent to every electronic device on earth.

fuck i want to pirate shit onto my lite brite

My toaster will cost less if it only cooks toast.

/thread

fuck off, apple shill

>torrents
Apparently it's still 2009 on Sup Forums. Seriously, when are the nutechnology babies going to give up that cancerous piracy method?

Name a better method that's not used by a few neets in their basement.
Protip: you can't

>he torrents in a phone

That's only the start. Soon you'll be able to torrent on your microwave and your alarm clock. You'll literally NEVER have an excuse to NOT torrent anymore unless you live in the woods away from civilization.

Hey guys, my lamp is torrenting Windows!

hdd's would disappear and the popcorn app would takeover

>he doesn't torrent with his printer

>he doesn't torrent on his log splittin' stump

why the fuck do you want to torrent on something that's not a desktop/laptop/server? I mean sure it's neat that you can but it's entirely pointless.

Mooching other people's internet so you don't run the risk of ISP letters and the chance of prosecution.

Why the fuck don't you want to torrent with your ceiling fan?

When I went to nippon I didn't have pc access for a while. To catch up on the latest animes the only option is torrents or direct download sites with all their shitty ads.

>b-b-but who really torrents on a phone
Maybe not applecucks.

What's wrong with it? If you don't plan to seed, it's just like doing it on a laptop

>torrent music
>copy to phone

vs

>torrent music on phone

Really, it's one less step. Why wouldn't you torrent on a phone?

Why do you shit on every street pajeet?

>ITT: plebs who don't intend on seeding

You know this is why public trackers are inferior, right? Well, aside from that whole business about being ready honeypots for sue-happy rightsholders.

>To catch up on the latest animes the only option is torrents or direct download sites with all their shitty ads.
Have you not fucking heard of IRC?
Jesus Christ, some fucks.

Me and my friends split a streaming music subscription 5 ways. We each pay $3/month and listen to all the music we want, and we don't have to worry about finding, downloading, and organizing it on our phone. We don't have to worry about copying it anywhere at all, it's just there. It's so worth it.

>applecuck

I don't torrent on my iPhone 6S. But I didn't torrent on my Nexus 6, or my Moto X, or my Galaxy Nexus either. I tried it at one point, and reached the conclusion that it was a convoluted and unnecessary thing to do, when I had a perfectly good home computer that was better at downloading, storing, and seeding data.

It still is. Today, my router runs a VPN, and I can simply use my phone to remote into my uTorrent WebUI from anywhere, and add/manage torrents. After that, I can grab the file directly with an app that can use it, or I can just use Remote Desktop to copy the file to Google Drive, so I can retrieve it easily whenever I'd like.

I imagine this doesn't work on iPhone either

Usenet

I dunno, is there an IRC client for iPhone?

There are IRC clients for iPhone, but the problem arises in being able to do DCC file transfers, which, speaking as an iOS user, I doubt you can do. Unless you're jailbroken, which I no longer recommend (note: I am currently jailbroken).

Cloud storage is your friend, and so are VPNs. Remember that smartphones can use VPNs. Once you have one, your LAN is in your pocket 24/7, and so many things become possible where they just weren't before.

Hot pocket and 30 minute battery life because your phone is constantly seeding chinese animus to those around you.

Music stored locally does not use valuable mobile bandwidth. Why stream?

>Why stream?
Because Pandora > your shitty playlist.

You can stream over Wi-Fi, and/or save music from a streaming service to your device for offline play. In other words, at its absolute worst, the user experience is no worse than the piracy you already engage in.

>Pandora
opinion discarded
>only being able to skip a certain number of songs a day
>ads
i get the appeal but i dont even like the gimmick of not being in complete control of what you listen to but then again i have a respectable library of music so shuffle does fine.

but how will it deliver targeted advertisement without an internet connection and a webcam?