How hard is getting a CS degree?

How hard is getting a CS degree?

Quite easy, I got one and I'm a stupid NEET that lives in my moms basement.

I got one in 4.5 years. Wasn't terribly hard, but wasn't easy.

challenging but not impossible if u are a faggot like us that likes spending free time on a computer

It's as hard as minoring in Japanese

If you can pass Calculus 2 and E&M physics (Physics 2 or 3 most places) then you're golden. The actual CS courses are easy if you actually have half an interest in programming and the kind of math used in CS.

Easy
I got a 4.0 without putting in any effort.

depends how smart you are and where the degree is from

Associates? Easy as high school.
Bachelors at a shit school? Easy as high school.
Bachelors at a real school? Not too hard.
Masters? Not even that much harder. Nice cash sink.
Doctorate? Oh shit nigger what are you doing?

Depends on your math background and the school you go to. Some are really chill and only go through the abstract classes, while others will rape you anally every quarter/semester just to appear as a "top" program.

The math part, though, is a near constant. Be comfortable with at least precalc and you'll be fine.

What kind of job can you get with a CS degree anyway?

>Wasn't terribly hard, but wasn't easy.
>challenging but not impossible
These guys are correct.

These guys are full of shit.

spotted the dumb person

Undergrad degrees for the most part are easy as long as you can self motivate. It's the motivation that's difficult for most

I'm thinking about applying to be a dev evangelist (paid shill for hackathons) at a local startup. Supposed to be code plus advertising, so you're not totally slumped over a computer all day.

>literally being a paid shill

Should I get a Computer Engineering degree over a CS degree? I'm already familiar with programming / general CS topics. Learning them comes fairly easy.

no, lots of women go to cosmetology school

spotted the genius

Most schools do CPE degrees as a blend of EE and CSC. If you feel like you could be doing low level work one day (designing processor architecture, really low level kernel work) or want to learn more about it, go CPE. Other than that, CPEs and CSCs can compete for the same jobs in software engineering, which is mostly where people go once they graduate.

I started CPE but decided that I wasn't interested in the EE side of the major and wanted to take more CS, so I switched. Not really regretting that decision.

How long have you been coping with retardation? Is it the result of cranial trauma or just bad genes?

It's definitely one of the easiest "science" degrees but I think it'd still be too difficult for someone of average intelligence, because they are pretty stupid.

I got a associates in 2 years. Then I got a night shift job. It's fairly easy.

I'm entering my second year of CS at a top 5 uni in the UK. I'm aiming for a PHD because I have money to waste and would find it cool to be called doctor. Am I retarded?

>These guys are full of shit.
But I do have a degree and I'm a fucking NEET weeb.

Do I have to take a pic of my diploma with my potato iphone 3gs camera for the sake of it?

>challenging

A complete and total lie.

>spotted the living meme

It ultimately depends on the University you go to. My University was pretty easy so it wasn't that hard, but the quality was bad.

Depends on how hard your school makes it.

My Data Structures/Algorithms class had almost 60% of the class dropout.

as hard as muh dick

/thread

sage

Will it really make a difference? To HR not really, but what do you even want to do?

Yes go for engineering degree.You can pick up programming fairly easy if you know the basics VERY well.

Depends on how much you like the EE side of things. Typically the difference between CS and CE is that CE requires more mathematics and physics (though differential equations / Fourier Transform for signal processing). CE/EE at GT is moderately difficult, but not impossible. My best advice is to make sure you want to be an Engineer first, and not just a programmer.

The great CS dream killer Data Structures.

That is not something you should do, unless you have no other opportunities. Evangelists are largely despised by founders and programmers.