Where the smartphone general at?

Didn't see a smartphone general so...
I'm about to fucking do it! Im getting an iPhone SE but im still on the fence on it.
My options are Z3C, HTC 10, S7 and lastly a 6s

Why not a redmi 3 pro or redmi note 3 pro?

no compatible LTE on my carrier and shitty country

Why not z5c?

Z3c has amazing performance and battery life, but it's still a 32bit device

Sup Forums told me its actually worse in those aspects. And that the z3c is more reliable

Z3c is great, z5c has better specs, but slightly worse battery life.
Problem with z3c is that it's dated, so unless you're getting a good deal, it's best to step up to a z5c.

Don't blindly listen to what g says, take our advice and apply it to your own personal research.

Got a bit of a problem folks.

I've got a Note 3 tmo, latest CM12.1 nightly, works fine by itself. When I go to get the appropriate GAPPS from opengapps (ARM, 5.1, nano) and flash, upon reboot, I keep getting a notice that says, "Unfortunately, Android keyboard (AOSP) has stopped." This persists even with a factory reset + system wipe. Any idea what's wrong?

Android keyboard (AOSP) is crashing

>iPhone

am i wrong for reporting this shitpost?

Yes

And OP is money an issue?

>facts i don't like is shitposting

Htc 10 you dumb fuck

Nope. At this point it's just spam

nah. my man.
Been saving up for 2 years and my Lumia 625 is breaking my balls

iPhones are shit get the s7 but try and get an exynos one. Not sure about what non-edge has inside it, the snapdragon cpu is a cucked phone.

Thanks for the pro assist Sup Forumsentooman.

>nightly

No full releases for Note 3. Unless there's another ROM you'd recommend like CM, it's all I've got.

>nightly

Thanks for the help.

Do I need to unlock the bootloader to flash their own miui 8 global beta rom? Need to wait >5 days for those gooks to unlock. Also, do I need to wipe everything before flashing their own ROM?

Thanks fampaisempaifamfamilyfamiliadudeamigocompaniero.

get moto g4 and tudia arch case for maximum value

What's a phone around hte 250$ range that's NOT the Redmi Pro or the Moto G4 AND that works with US 4G?

I was thinking of getting the Axon 7 but it's a bit too high for what I want right now.

Shit question but what phone manufacturer offers the best...apps? I'm looking at Sony's lineup and its not bad.

I got an HTC One M8 a couple years ago. It's slow as shit and a few months ago the charging port stopped working. It loses all its battery in a few hours even if idle.

I had to take the bitch apart and replace the port. Power button fell out as a result so now I need a pin to turn the thing on. All my apps feel slow. It's not zippy.

I know iPhones have no freedom. IK they charge a premium for space. But they're fast and they JUST WERK. Screw you guys I'm buying a 6s.

IPhones aren't really premium...
They're nice though.

What are you looking for in your phone?

Apple shill? I mean shit if my android had that problem I'd probably give up on it too but I never have. Have fun with iTunes though.

Are there smartphones that have BOTH Dual SIM slots and Micro SD slot?

what is the actual difference between these two and the simple Xiaomi Redmi 3?

RAM and ROM
2-16 vs 3-32, oh and the fingerprint scanner I think

Microwave band radiation is bad for you.

Oh right, I see.
I was thinking of ordering the Redmi 3 or Redmi 3 Pro from China for better price.
The Redmi Note 3 Pro seems to be great too but 5,5" screen is too much for me

Redmi 3 pro, 11 hours sot, smooth performance.

I love it.

>overpriced
is not a fact, user. He's right for reporting it, it adds nothing to the conversation.

Any limitations one should know about? Like no 4G, GPS, something?

Could someone recommend a phone? My LG g4 boot looped so I'm ditching that peice of shit. I want one that's preferably rootable and rom flashable. Also the less expensive the better.

Daily reminder that ALL smartphones are the same. We do not need a smartphone general as there are no appreciable differences worth discussing. It's all been the same for at least 4 fucking years now.

ALL SMARTPHONES ARE THE SAME.

Yes I can recommend a phone...ANY PHONE...they are all the fucking same anymore so fucking pick whatever...it won't make any damn difference.

So there's nothing about pic related that makes it stand out?

Currently have a Galaxy S5, looking at a Nexus 6P

y/n

Any viable options for a Note 4 replacement battery? Everywhere I've looked they're either out of stock or it's some 3rd party bullshit with awful reviews.

not particularly no. ever so slightly less bland then most but otherwise just another slab in an endless sea of dull slabs.

No nfc and battery life will get worse after a while because you get used to having the brightness up.

That's about it. Also no fast charge so it's ~ 2.5 hours to charge from 10% up to 100

Autism.

You have to wait about 5-10 for them to unlock the bootloader, but then it's a straightforward process. They are called chinks, BTW.

What is the best current version of Cyanogenmod 13 for RN3P? What are the fixes I should flash?

Except it literally proves why he shouldn't get the iPhone SE. And it is overpriced, for $400 you can get Note 4 with better specs and a high res screen.

Do not listwn to g in cases where money is involved because you will be disappointed, these retards have no idea about technology except the popular is bad hipster faggot mentality

Any tips when buying a smartphone second hand? Found a Nexus 6P for a cheap price but it has defects which is easily solvable. How do i check if gpu/cpu is still good and running senpai

see and

try playing with permissions.

I got mine unlocked in 2 days, the message came yesterday

>better specs
I'm usually an Android user but even I know specs don't mean shit. Dual core iPhone processors are destroying 8 core androids with twice as much ram.

apps? As in the best apps in their respective stores or apps made by the manufacturer for the phone's hardware?
if so...LG just recently

wait to see how shitty the nexus 7 is

>I'm usually an Android user but even I know specs don't mean shit.
They literally do. More RAM for example means you can multi-task more. With only 2GB of RAM iPhones will start lagging and constantly having to reload shit over time.

>Dual core iPhone processors are destroying 8 core androids with twice as much ram.
In single-core performance this is true but not in multi-core. Even the ancient Note 4 has better multi-core performance than the A9 chip on the iPhone SE.

Most apps can now use more than 1 CPU thread so single thread performance means jack shit nowadays. Also that 8-core android thing doesn't mean all 8 cores can be used at the same time. Only a cluster of 4 cores can be used at the same time (performance or energy efficiency mode).

Anyway this is just one of the reasons people choose android phones. All the other reasons are listed in

>They literally do. More RAM for example means you can multi-task more. With only 2GB of RAM iPhones will start lagging and constantly having to reload shit over time.

They don't though. The apps are optimized like crazy, they multitask as well as the best androdis.

>More RAM for example means you can multi-task more
you mean ITS LAGGING, ADD MORE RAM NOW

I'm torn between Lumia 640 and 650.

Is an AMOLED screen that much better than an LCD one? Is the difference drastic?

I don't think you understand. Opening apps and browsing web pages will always take up RAM no matter what. 2GB of RAM simply doesn't cut it anymore. Yeah your shitty itoy will be fast at first but as time goes on app cache and just general loading of apps will exceed 2GB of RAM and cause it to have to reload shit. It's something you can't escape.

Very. Lcd might be easier on your battery than Oled.

Goys what do you think of those galaxy s7's that are locked in the us/canada but work in other countries that are like 300-400$ im living in the middle east for 2-3 years should i get one or are they fishy?

You're supposed to put /spg/ in the OP retard.

help, i need to buy a reasonably priced smartphone with a big screen and long battery life that will mainly be used for navigation.

what should I be looking at?

How about a 6p maybe?

It doesn't have a microsd slot so nah.

Bumping for my question.

As previously stated it doesn't matter...they are all the same.

You're just trolling now, not very well.
Are you telling me despite them having different processors and GPUs they all work the same? Is this a new conspiracy theory I missed?

>carriers dropping the htc 10
maybe now they'll drop the price to something sensible

No I'm not trolling. They are functionally the same godfather things now.

Minor spec variation is all you get anymore. Companies have become extremely risk averse and take no chances...slab after slab after slab with near identical function.

I assume your a kid too young to remember when it wasn't like this.

No, I just never really cared for cell phones. But now that my LG G3 is dead I need something new to replace it.
Something mid-tiery.

Is Firefox slow or is it just me? It just feels less responsive on a new phone.

Then pick something mid tier. Specifics aren't important. The only difference you'll find that matter are as card support and replaceable batteries...And spec differences so minor it's unimportant.

uninstall and install again?

So I'm finally looking to upgrade from my shitty iPhone 4s. Just really looking for something that's cheap, android, has videocamera and has smooth menu navigation (no lag or freeze etc). A big plus is if it can record video in pretty decent quality, like for youtube videos.

Pls give me some recs and I'll check them out

Moto g4 or g3

best hardware out?
note 7? or wait for new nexus

always wait for new nexus

zte zmax pro

my iphone 5 died. getting a new phone three weeks later. is s7 edge worth buying android or should i get an iphone se/6s? i don't want my phone to be slow as fuck after a year.

Looking at the g4 at the moment, seems like a pretty nice deal. I'll probably get the non-plus verision since the plus costs about $40 more where I'm ordering from. The camera goes from 16 to 13 MP but I can live with that. I'm really not digging the huge size of the phone though but it seems like all new phones are like 5"+ so what can you do.

Can't even find this phone on any of the usual ordering sites in my country. Thanks anyway for the rec though.

Ease of use, normie apps (SC, Insta, WhatsApp etc) running fast, and speed.

Have you ever used an iPhone? I have a 4s and the camera is great

What's your average SOC Sup Forums? Just got a z3 and I've run some intensive shit in an area with pretty poor reception and I'm currently on track for 7-8 hours of SOC. I'm digging it.

Get an AOSP keyboard from lollipop, or use chromata or whatever the one based off of it is

Z3 compact or 6S but i'd pick the Z3c from those. Why not the normal Z3 though? I'm posting from one. Pretty neat phone.

Posting from my s7. Just get an IPHONE. s7 is underwhelming for the price.

what is underwhelming about it? it looks great.

see

Try the nightlies, I found that they're a bit snappier.

So annoying that there is no exploit for the S7 yet to root the phone without triggering the Knox counter.

Would instantly buy the phone.

Zerolemon, silly

>android 6
>have dank memes on Downloads folder
>Uninstall/reinstall browser
>all the pictures in downloads gone

What the fuck happened?

2 cores are not only more efficient than 8, but will also perform better because multi threading is hard.

Also ios uses less ram so 2gb on ios is like 3gb on Android

Just bought the G5

Was going to go to the Moto Z Force but the non-removeable battery was the dealbreaker there

What's the best Android for rooting and installing ROMs?

One has expandable memory the other doesn't.

android happened