I know i might be a day late to the latest Mr.Robot episode...

I know i might be a day late to the latest Mr.Robot episode, but was I the only who laughed hysterically when they made Angela boot up a Kali Linux live cd with a huge ass 1337 hax0r wallpaper, in the middle of her office?
I mean, it's not like Ubuntu or Tails or any literally any other Linux distro can't fucking SSH. I do like the show and especially how the hacking isn't just Watchdogs LOLO0LOL HACKING IN PROGRESS.
The Kali image just made me burst out laughing.
What other 'hacking' moments in the show have made you roll your eyes ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=K7Hn1rPQouU
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/image/pChtk2-o77CVlluGMZyq3Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Obligatory mention of "Hackers"

>HACK THE PLANET

OH SHIT NIGGA IT'S A DOUBLE POINT ATTACK

youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ

have you actually use kali before?

that's what it actually looks like

ITTT newfag who has never used kali
neck yourself bud

youtube.com/watch?v=K7Hn1rPQouU
WEE WOO

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/image/pChtk2-o77CVlluGMZyq3Q

Yes i know, but if you only need to SSH and do ifconfig commands, why the fuck would you boot Kali Linux in your huge office room, right after acting super shady and plugging stuff into the FBI's networkswitch.

kek

>I the only who laughed hysterically when they made Angela boot up a Kali Linux live cd with a huge ass 1337 hax0r wallpaper, in the middle of her office?
That was a Live ISO
>I mean, it's not like Ubuntu or Tails or any literally any other Linux distro can't fucking SSH
SSH isn't the only one that you need for pentesting
>I do like the show and especially how the hacking isn't just Watchdogs LOLO0LOL HACKING IN PROGRESS.
What?

Fuck off

I was more weirded out that she was instructed to go into the 64 version and obviously went into the 32.

autism

>SSH isn't the only one that you need for pentesting

all she did was ssh though.
im sure they could've come up with a small installation of debian or ubuntu or something that had preinstalled scripts to do exactly what they wanted

exactly my point

OP what are you trying to prove here?

1. Kali is designed for this and the Live ISO has relevant tools
2. It's a well known distro for pentesting
3. It's a fucking tv show and I don't even think you have any experience using these tools either
4. The point of your thread is "lololol he used kali lol I know how to ssh in another distro"

might as well just have her download PuTTY then

if you only had one option and you're going to hack something, what do you think most people would use? Do you want to leave all your tools behind?

LOL IM SUCH A NERD
SHELDON: XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

No she didn't, pay attention, dumb ass.

So you are saying your autism kicked and laughed hysterically because the tv show didn't use another distro?

They used PuTTY in another scene where they only needed SSH

>lol such plebz LOOK AT ME I'M SO 1337 I KNOW WHAT SSH IS

Consider suicide, lonely virgin

yeah, in a scene where eliot SSH'd into his kali linux server and it proudly displayed the kali art in ascii

they have a hard on for kali that's for sure

It's Kali's logo you sperg, nothing inherently hackerish/techy about it. Only thing worse than what you described is people who have no idea what they're talking about trying to critique what you described.

And?

>a Kali Linux live cd with a huge ass 1337 hax0r wallpaper
That's the default retard, go back to ricing your Live ISO weeb faggot

because I am a super 3L33T hackr and I use kali for other stuff and happened to have my kali flash drive on my instead of my ubuntu drive.

If discretion is an absolute priority, set a blue background on your flash drive or just load it with a default windows background.

>im sure they could've come up with a small installation of debian or ubuntu or something that had preinstalled scripts to do exactly what they wanted
sounds like kali to me

one of the nice features of a live usb is that generally they don't leave anything behind on the host machine after shutting it down. Kali, by default (or maybe BT3? I dunno it's been a while) boots in audit mode so that internal drives aren't even automounted.

What's the problem here?

>set a blue background on your flash drive or just load it with a default windows background.
But they use linux, why would they load a windows background? That would be even more suspicous

Is it worth watching?

if you are in public trying to hide, literally anything is better than a kali wallpaper

oh I've never seen the show

a default gnome/kde background then?

Normies do not care about your epic wallpaper

If I didn't know any better, are you actually trying to impress Sup Forums with this, OP?
Hahahaha

I'm with OP. Loading up that big ass kali background on a corporate computer with people walking directly behind you would draw some wicked side eyes. Literally pretty much any other OS would have looked innocent lol.

It was a live ISO. Also see

I'm pretty sure even the normiest recognize the kali logo.

I'm not arguing with that. I just found it amusing. What would you do if you walked by someone in a corporate office with a big ass kali logo on their screen? Tap the screen and say mischief managed?

False
Booting up the ISO was never in the plan, pay attention autist

They are a security firm, right?
Nobody has ever booted up a pen testing distro?

E-Corp is not a security firm. She also works in the PR department

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Im pretty sure the company is a bank.

Because you might want the flexibility of having multiple terminal windows with multiple terminal tabs? Because the user might not be totally 100% comfortable using this software and you want to make it as easy as possible for them to get the job done?

Come on dude

God darm cyber nukes. I hate it when you hack someone and they just undo all your hard work by launching one.

H A C K T H E P L A N E T
A
C
K

T
H
E

P
L
A
N
E