but that's not memepv

prepare for gifs of fucked up playback from ancient versions cause muh memes

>not using nvlc on GNU+Linux
>Whats ...[]
What's*
I fixed that for you.

>>Sup Forums

also, wincuck detected.

I love VLC, but I have a problem. When I try to stream a channel from a TV adapter, it streams all channels from a multiplex despite I specified a channel number in the command line. VLC instance on the client computer opens up 7 separate windows with each channel causing it to crash. Is there someone who knows how to do that correctly?

vlc is fucked up when it comes to vaapi

so I use mpv+smplayer which works just fine

The icon is an orange cone
nuff said

MPC-HC + MadVR

What did you mean by this: ``>>Sup Forums''?

MadVR runs only on windows but it seems it doesn't play nicely with win10 because madshi uses terribly old/deprecated technologies that GPU developers hate.

Because Spotify.

Does vlc still have issues with h.265? Literally unwatchable last time i used and abandoned it

Yep. Still broken.

It's a feature not a bug. It only happens because your CPU can't keep up. On MPC you would have stuttering or frameskips instead.

With VLC things like that are definitely features.
Every year, every day.

yes. the feature is the prevention of annoying stuttering and skips.

Right...

It's true that this laptop is not even made for playing back 1080, let alone HEVC... At least that's the impression you get if you use VLC.

You can probably get VLC to play the files if your machine has enuogh raw power to do so.

Or you can just move your ass to a more efficient player.

Bomi.

>anime
kys manchild

>"upgrading" to windows 10
i thought this was a meme.

>hating anime
>on an anime based website
>with a japanese owner

the owner hates anime though. This site has nothing to do with that trash.

holy fucking shit this guy unironically watches japanese animations. ahaha

>This site has nothing to do with that trash.
Nothing at all...

I downloaded the same file to try it and I get the same picture. But then again my PC is shit. How is your hardware?

Why are people arguing about this being a PC issue?
A video player should not consume fucking resources.
You shouldn't have to need a good pc to play fucking video.

Videos are compressed series of images with compressed audio on top of it. In order to watch it you have to decode them on-the-air along with any resize that you've done.
Uncompressed 8-bit @ 1080p @ 24 fps video is 334 GB/h. You cannot go to 0.5 GB/h minus any audio without any computation power.

I had no problems with video back in the fucking day.
I also had no problems playing video (for shits and giggles) on my sansa clip zip.

What do people have against PotPlayer? I find it the best video player I've used and yet Sup Forums doesn't advocate for it.

what did he mean by this?

Not a thing fama-ambalamps, I use a variety of media players depending on what I'm trying to do.

Because it's made by >muh chinks
I use it too, just block it in firewall if you're an autist.

>this site has nothing to do with that thrash
Found the newfaggot

GPUs could easily handle 1080p since 2007. Now graphics capabilities have been added to CPUs as well so anyone can play videos as that. But lower end CPUs still lack at power, even more if you make usage of newer codecs as h.265.
Nevertheless, the problem here seems to be that VLC makes bad usage of hardware, as mpv plays them albeit with some shuttering here and there.

I saw a lot of screenshot of vlc shitting himself while reading files but I couldn't reproduce it myself.
I tried EVERYTHING, a shit load of different medias and it didn't crash nor had any image glitches.
x265 worked fine too.

But I am using best media player
>also fuck Linux, I know what OP said

mpv -vo=vulkan when

>desktop versions of streaming apps you could easily use in a browser
ffs, user

we all have our reasons

Dude, that's disgusting

The desktop apps are much smoother.

holy fuck

That's why after years of using VLC I switched to mpc.

Occasional stuttering and frameskips are more tolerable and less noticeable than whole screen going bonkers.

That looks nice. Which distro and DE are you using?

Is still does that on the latest versions on Windows and Linux.

Holy shit, any proof on that?

>he's still not using MPV

Gvie me ONE SINGLE reason why anyone would use ANYTHING other than mpv on any platform.

> inb4 gui
There's SMPlayer for that (and others like Bomi)

VLC has the best variable play speed of any player.

Also it's good at some obscure formats, like mov with subtitles. (Didn't try this one on mpv, though.)

>VLC has the best variable play speed of any player.
What do you mean by this? Because you can't even set speed increments in VLC.

What makes it better than mpv's? I'm legitimately curious, since I don't use VLC often. Note: mpv can do constant-pitch and pitch-stretching with the --audio-pitch-correction option.

Audio stretching (and compressing for fast speed) is better than the others, including mpv last time I checked.

>Because you can't even set speed increments in VLC.
You can do .1 increments with hotkeys and even lower (.03) with the GUI.

How did you "check" that it's better?

Here's one: mpv doesn't work with DVD menus, something that many old media player worked just fine.

Give me one good reason to use MPV over mpc-hc.

Even with the highest of MPV settings, it still looks just as good as my mpc-HC without a pants on head retarded UI.

I guess that's plausible. Have you tried mpv with librubberband insalled and --af=rubberband?

By listening.

MPV was still pretty decent though, much better than MPC-HC.

No, I didn't.

I like that it's small and portable, cross-platform and all contained in one binary/exe. Once you get used to the keystrokes it's much more convenient, regardless how much you care about quality.

no fucking gui
get out of here

MPC-HC has problems with subtitles. Sometimes they disappear on seeking. And there is no out-of-the-box option to display 2 subtitle tracks simultaneously. mpv works just fine without either of the issues.

That isn't MPV

>i'm angry that things don't have a gui because i'm a huge baby

Why did you ask for a reason to use it if you already knew why you would never use it?

Implying that gui is needed for videoplayer. All the space should be filled with videoframe, not fucking buttons and sliders and such shit.

different guy

>winblows
Lmao

>2016
And...?

>it's $CURRENT_YEAR and people still post on Sup Forums without knowing how to use computers

do you also use sticks to make fire?
do you drink out of the puddle near by?
why are you using computers? don't you know how to scribble on stone tablets?

Must be KWin

That's not mpv.

Using a mouse to press buttons and drag sliders is not more efficient than pressing keys for people who use computers regularly for more than Youtube.

By this argument, why are you still using a PC? It's the post-PC era, man. Using a mouse interface instead of a touch interface is like drinking out of a puddle because new things are always better than old things.

How do you load a folder in mpv? Or a group of files?

What are trying to say mate? That gui for videoplayer is actually relevant in 2016? If yes then it's not even that nice of a joke.

VLC is the best media player. People who show the codec problems are morons because they obviously don't know how to update their software. Furthermore, spotify cucks need to get outttttttt REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Either give it a playlist or mpv /folder/*

>give it a playlist
a file?

Yes

That sounds a bit cumbersome compared to having a GUI.

The only people who use VLC on Linux are recent Wincuck converts, because it's the only decent one they have.

VLC is originally for LAN video streaming, but became popular on Windows because it was one of the few way not to use Windows' codec system.

Meanwhile Linux has had a lot of other players.

>stuck in 2012

Good thing my PC isn't shit, so I've never had this problem and likely never will.

>what is fullscreen
>what is minimal mode

You can also drag-and-drop a group of files onto the video window.

You could always write your own, it's not difficult.

VLC is trash, literally the worst player ever
MPC-HC has a shitty old UI and the video quality visually is worse than MPV with a side by side comparison, I tried and MPV had a much more fleshed out and beautiful quality, MPV also has a modern minimal UI, MPV is the ONLY acceptable desktop video player

No, typing mpv /folder/* in your shell isn't cumbersome at all.