It's time to face the facts. Richard Stallman is nothing more than a whining...

It's time to face the facts. Richard Stallman is nothing more than a whining, overly obese autistic manbaby who has not done anything beneficial for the computing OR technology world in the past 20 years. Seriously. Name something that RMS has done after 1995 besides bitching, crying, and moaning about bullshit that does not matter, or making some retarded, incomprehensible speech.

He demands that Linux be called GNU/Linux. That is fucking insane. The only reason GNU, GPL, and FSF are still a THING is because of Linus and the invention of Linux. If anything, Stallman should rename GNU to Linux/GNU, because without Linus, the GNU, GPL, and FSF would not be a thing anymore.

Stallman still has the fucking gonads to act like he's superior to everyone else. Saying shit such as "I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone" right after Steve Jobs' death. What an asshole. Stallman has not even programmed a single line of code since 2008, that was AFTER he essentially stopped in 1992.

He should be fucking grateful Linus stepped in to save his ass, and even allowing him to take partial credit for his achievements. If it wasn't for Linus, he would be nothing, he would probably be dead in a Burger King dumpster right now.

Besides, what has he ever even done? He claims to have written eMacs, but in reality he actually cloned gosmacs (the first eMacs that was made for UNIX). He didn't even write 50% of the code in eMacs.

You might say he wrote GCC and GDB, but the truth is that he initally wrote the C compiler, but now the vast majority for the same compiler is done by contributors.

He's a washed up, morbidly obese man who tries to stay relevant by having these retarded arguments that are similar to those found in the Soviet Union. Face it GNU/Freetards, Richard Stallman is a fat dickhead, and the only reason his name is still in the books is because of Linus's achievements.

I get he's a meme on here, but I don't care. He's not worthy of meme status.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I agree with you OP on everything but the meme thing.
Mr Richard makes for a delicious meme.
Also just ignore everyone who uses GNU/Linux for a name non-ironically, because they're memesters

It's time to face the facts. Richard Stallman is nothing more than a whining, overly obese autistic manbaby who has not done anything beneficial

Replace stallman with "g users" and you still 100% right

>He's not worthy of meme status.
you cared. that makes him worthy.

I actually agree.

Yes, I agree with some of his stances on privacy, but that's all. He is paranoid and he wants people to give the code they've worked so hard on away for COMPLETELY FREE. He wants the developers to depend on the goodwill of the people for payment (let's be honest, nobody would donate these days).

Richard Stallman has done more good for computers users and humanity in general in the past couple of years than you will ever doi your entire life, OP. The one who is worthless is you.

The way I see it, Stallman is kind of like Jesus. He did a lot of good things that deserve being worshipped for even today, but he's just not relevant anymore. But that doesn't mean he's worthless

His current day activities is just spreading the politic mind of the FSF. Nothing more that propaganda, in that respect.

However it should be noted that his initial conception of GCC was instrumental in allowing something like linux to be created. Even if he is not relevant anymore, his initial contribution is what allowed everything else that followed to come into existence. That you cannot cast aside.

However it's stupid to argue that one should name their creation after the tool used to create it. It's like saying I should call my birdhouse "Hammer/Birdhouse" because I used a hammer in it's creation.

>Yeah I'm going swimming today
>where? Oh my grandparents have a water/pool, or as I've taken to calling it: water + pool

Dr" Richard Stallman is a con artist.

He took advantage of the mentally ill for over 30 years now. He started out by stealing and cloning actual UNIX tools so he could put his name and restrictive license on them as if he had created them himself.
His entire life has been based on the theft of others work and the lies of what he really has done and can do. He acted maliciously to push licenses which benefit him and rob good honest but naive young university students of their time, money and work and future job prospects.

The GPL can be debunked very easily:
If I take GPL code and add my own work to it to make something else I should not have to give my work away for free or be forced to give away my changes. The original GPL code I forked from still exists and all that is missing are my private contributions to it. Anyone else is free to replicate my functionality and give it away for free if they so wish but I should not have to.
Stallmans entire life is based on greed where he forces people to work for free. Not all surprising since he admits to being of Jewish decent

inb4 some retard says 'you can still charge people for free(tm) software!'

Even if OP does nothing but shitpost on the chans his net contribution is still better than Stallman's, whose contributions are in the negatives. he's turned more people against free software than for it.

Exactly what you've said makes him meme-worthy.
Even more so, all the newfags and redditfags coming here to be edgy mofos are picking up the meme, not knowing he's a meme here. THAT is the real meme, it's a fragment of old Sup Forums that survirved for no other purpose of having lulz at the cost of newfags.

tl;dr LEAVE RMS ALONE

As a freetard, I agree with you, OP. He is one of the main reasons why the FSF will never be mainstream.

>he's turned more people against free software than for it
Bingo. He's basically demanding non-technologically oriented people to be passionate about - and make huge sacrifices for - something they neither care nor understand. You don't get to call everyone who doesn't agree to that
>an idiot
and
>a slave
without alienating A LOT of people.

A community that gets its laughs out of pretending to be retarded will eventually attract retards that feel right at home

That's exactly what happened to this website, RMS and freetards is Sup Forumss particular case

>However it's stupid to argue that one should name their creation after the tool used to create it.
He doesn't argue that the standard Linux desktop should be called GCC+Linux. He argues it should be called GNU+Linux, because the two together make it a POSIX compliant operating system.

GNU doesn't work without Linux.
Linux, however DOES work without GNU

What? Of course GNU works without Linux. Even if it didn't, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. He isn't saying that Linux without GNU should be called GNU+Linux.

stallman lives in a fairy tale land. he's naive and extremely annoying.

I don't agree with most of stallmans political and religious views, but you cannot deny what he has contributed to tecnology. The GNU operating system that made what Sup Forums users do daily possible, gcc the compiler that linus himself uses to compile the linux kernel, and the GPL that has a strong copyleft stance that ensures that four freedoms cannot be taken away are all major contributions that cannot be ignored.

It's time to face facts.
You cannot install gentoo.

Ok, I think most of what you said is objectively correct. But:

>He is no one
He is basically the reason why free software is a thing. Imagine a world where it is not a thing and see how dominated it is by corporates.

>He didn't write anything useful
He started and contributed to a few projects. Claiming that his contribution is small today is like asking if the Linux kernel is written by Linus how come it's 99.9% (I don't know the actual percentage) coming from contributors.

>GNU would've never been a thing
This is correct, but if they didn't have Linux, I'm pretty sure Hurd would've gotten off at some point. The question if it would be as popular as linux is open.

What I'm trying to say is, you may hate the person I don't like him that much either, but with all the users that don't care about any aspect of computers he is the only one that actually advises caution.

My point is i don't fucking call it X11/wayland/syslinux/openbox/tint2//Linux just because i run these on Linux.

>The only reason GNU, GPL, and FSF are still a THING is because of Linus and the invention of Linux.
Go learn your history. People didn't sit around for a near-decade saying "Oh wow I wish I could run all these cool GNU programs and utilities but I don't have a kernel".

How exactly do you think they wrote GNU? Replacing proprietary components with GNU equivalents was a common affair, and not just because GNU was good, but because it was portable to the vast array of hardware architectures in use at the time. Linux didn't even consider supporting other architectures until 1994, which was why Hurd development was a priority for so many years.

>for something they neither care nor understand
All people understand the concept of freedom.
You can agree or disagree with him, but he does make the case why everyone, especially non programmers, should care about freedoms.

He is extreme in his views.
That obviously offends people who write freedom oppressing software, but he isn't talking about a single person.
He is talking about problems that are bigger than a single person, so yes, anyone who cannot see this is an idiot.

People who disagree with him are not necessarily idiots, but I have yet to see an argument that made sense.

>All people understand the concept of freedom.
No, they don't. If you can't see the big picture, the implications for the future and the risks involved with non-freedom, you don't understand freedom. You can't really understand and evaluate one without the other.
>You can agree or disagree with him, but he does make the case why everyone, especially non programmers, should care about freedoms.
That's true, but it's an absolutely dogshit of a case. He rambles about how the world is fucked up, but provides no path from the real world to his utopia. He's the technological equivalent of a hippie who says the West should end their economic imperialism and how money should be abolished.
>protip: if you have no feasible alternate solutions, then you're just spouting nonsense

>He is talking about problems that are bigger than a single person, so yes, anyone who cannot see this is an idiot.
You're moving the goalposts. He specifically says in his lectures that people who go on with this "slavery" model are idiots.
>People who disagree with him are not necessarily idiots, but I have yet to see an argument that made sense.
That's probably because there is no sensical response to nonsense.

Well you didn't make that point very well. You could call it X11/Openbox/Pulseaudio/GNU/Linux if you wanted to, but you probably wouldn't because nothing in that list before GNU/Linux is required to make an operating system. Neither Linux nor the GNU components typically combined with it are an operating system on their own. You can't combine either of them with X11 or OpenBox or tint2 to get an operating system - GNU and Linux are very particular types of software.

>because i run these on Linux.
Years of car engine and house foundation analogies seems to have convinced a lot of people the entirety of GNU sits on top of the Linux kernel. It doesn't. GCC and glibc being two prominent examples, with GRUB to a lesser extent.

No, Richard, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'. The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler. Those are fine and inspired products. GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS, and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation.

Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ.

One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you?

(An operating system) != (a distribution). Linux is an operating system. By my definition, an operating system is that software which provides and limits access to hardware resources on a computer. That definition applies whereever you see Linux in use. However, Linux is usually distributed with a collection of utilities and applications to make it easily configurable as a desktop system, a server, a development box, or a graphics workstation, or whatever the user needs. In such a configuration, we have a Linux (based) distribution. Therein lies your strongest argument for the unwieldy title 'GNU/Linux' (when said bundled software is largely from the FSF). Go bug the distribution makers on that one. Take your beef to Red Hat, Mandrake, and Slackware. At least there you have an argument. Linux alone is an operating system that can be used in various applications without any GNU software whatsoever. Embedded applications come to mind as an obvious example.

Thanks for listening.

Android uses the Linux kernel.
There's no GNU ;^)

Tagging GNU essential is just wrong. And you know it.

Neither glibc nor GRUB are essential components of Linux. GCC still is, but only because of a few compiler-specific extensions that haven't been refactored out yet.

If you browse Android's root directory, you'll still find several GNU utilities. Also, the Android Linux kernel is still (obviously) built using GCC, so there is definitely some GNU still in there.

How do you even pronounce GNU/Linux anyway? Gannoo slash Linux?

So, basicly whatever is compiled eith GCC should have a GNU/ tag?
Nice logic.
But yeah, tools are being USED when they are already available.

If i build a House, should i call it my Hammer/House, because i've used that tool?

He lives up to his principles, which is more than any of you can claim.

Somebody really needs to build the GNU coreutils for BSD, and the BSD utils for a linux kernel. Probably a shitton of work, but a GNU/BSD and BSD/Linux would make this stupid argument much more entertaining.

Anyone can photoshop stallmans face on the retad, and label the girl linux and stallman GNU?

I'm not even arguing in favor of the "ganoo plus linux" stupidity. I was just responding to the
>There's no GNU
statement. Android contains just about as much GNU as a minimal Linux system would.

Not the same, but a similar picture.

dumb fuck redneck who believes moon landing was a hoax can also live up to his principle

muslim fanatic can as well

stallman is embarasingly aspie, embarasment to the who linux community

Zyzz would not touch girls under 9/10.
Rms doesn't give a shit. eats foot cheese and fucks parrots

Yes, your right about that one. I may not word out my thoughts well enough, but i was referring to that with the
>tools being used
shit.

We don't have to reinvent the wheel, it's already there. Credits for creating it, end.
But no, CavemanS wants every car to be named wheels/car.

Linux is Linux. GNU is GNU. There's no GNU/Linux.

And I think they are all respectable in their own way. See: Terry Davis.

Note: many Muslim fanatics are actually huge hypocrites.

The Windows Linux thing does not use anything from Linux, only GNU components. There is also GNU+Hurd.

Hurd isn't finished and barely working. Don't grasp to that last resort user, it's pathetic.
Can't comment on the win thingy, as i avoided the threads.

He has done your mother.

You forgot to mention the fact that he has never even installed "GNU/Linux". This should automatically filter his opinion straight to the trashcan. This guy has some valid concerns but he's largely just a noisemaker.

fucking destroyed every freetard in this thread with that line.

It's factually false.
Source: in this image I'm using GNU/kFreeBSD

WTF I hate Richard now!

ok, had to do it myself

>stop gnu from touching your linux

or cleaner

Fuffen saved

Nobody is claiming that Android ought to be called GNU/Linux.

cleared some stupid line from rotation

what is android compiled with?
if no one is claiming that android should have gnu
then compiler argument is out of the window
and then utilities like bash and gnu nano are not enough to justify the name especially when not even running gnome...

>He demands that Linux be called GNU/Linux
No, he demands that GNU/Linux be called as GNU/Linux. He has no problem with Linux being called Linux.

>The only reason GNU, GPL, and FSF are still a THING is because of Linus and the invention of Linux
And this is wrong, GNU was very popular even before Linux came around, there is no sign that GNU would be dead if not for linux.
In fact, most people I know who work in proprietary unix systems the first thing they do is to GNUfy it. Tools like GDB, GCC as well as Emacs are some of the most popular in the world, for all the systems.

>Saying shit such as "I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone" right after Steve Jobs' death
And he was right you butthurt faggot.

>If it wasn't for Linus, he would be nothing, he would probably be dead in a Burger King dumpster right now.
See the second argument, you really should learn more about history.

>He claims to have written eMacs, but in reality he actually cloned gosmacs (the first eMacs that was made for UNIX).
Again, another ahistorical comment.

>but the truth is that he initally wrote the C compiler
This is what he said himself, what is the problem?

>but now the vast majority for the same compiler is done by contributors
Just like most free software.

>by having these retarded arguments that are similar to those found in the Soviet Union
If Soviet union had this arguments then it would be a god-like country. Too bad, it did not.

kek

>Name something that RMS has done after 1995
He teached me about mass intelligence of computers.

But other than that, Linux is not really that useful.
However you most likely need Linux for encrypting your data.
Sure, being naked is not bad, there's nothing with it. Every man has a dick and every women has a vaginer, but are we all running around naked? No, we encrypt by not showing it all off immediately.

So that's why we need Linux, I don't want some gov agency to be able to look up my shit because some idiot spread disinfo about me.

I will never stop saying nigger, it just doesn't into possibility. fuck rainbowfaggots!

nigger

tl;dr we need the fat manbabby

>what is android compiled with
That's irrelevant
>and then utilities like bash and gnu nano are not enough to justify the name especially when not even running gnome...
Android can't be called GNU/Linux because as far as I know, it doesn't contain any GNU components. Being compiled with GCC does not justify putting "GNU" there.

The reason why we call most GNU/Linux distributions as "GNU/Linux" is because they contain the Linux kernel (that gives it the "Linux" part) and they contain utilities from GNU. Without these utilities, it wouldn't be an OS as defined by POSIX. If you created your own utilities that replicated what GNU does (and called it "foo") then you could call your distribution foo/Linux.

Distributions like Alpine that don't use GNU utilities and use the musl C library rather than glibc cannot be called GNU/Linux in my opinion, as the majority of the OS component is no longer GNU.

However we can certainly call Ubuntu, Gentoo (usually), Debian (except on kFreeBSD in which case it's GNU/kFreeBSD), Arch, Slackware, Mint, OpenSUSE, Fedora and more "GNU/Linux".

glibc is an esencial component if you want ot have a POSIX-compatible system.

>There's no GNU/Linux
See You are wrong

>we

face the facts you losers. There is no we here and there is no gnu/linux. It is just you and Linux. (see I didn't write gnu/linux because no one with brains intact calls it gnu/linux)

>Hurd isn't finished
True, however most software in the world are not finished either.
If you are talking about stable releases, there have been a few.

>and barely working
Have you actually tried? Because I actually did and it is fairly stable.

>there is no gnu/linux
See

if he didn't do it someone else would have eventually done it

he seems to forget this

but praise gcc

I don't understand people who shill against Stallman and the GPL/free software.

>b-but it's not really free because I can't use it to make proprietary software
You retards have no concept of freedom. I don't have the freedom to murder people either. Your freedom ends where another's freedom begins. Proprietary software infringes on that freedom. That's why the GPL ensures software freedom, just like the law is (supposed to) ensure yours.

importance of gnu utilities is questionable
which are the most important packages they contributed in your opinion?

because X is far more important, and systemd is also becoming more and more important

the best part is that none of them agreed to give up their freedom to do as they please for some strange benefit of being in GNU group

There is just no justification for trying to be in the name

It is needed by posix, so they are very important in such a system.

I myself hate him because he is trying to take the beautiful simple name - Linux
and rebrand it to gnu/linux
and hearing it actually pronounced gives me cringe
same as when you hear gif being pronounced differently than what you believe it should be...

also I am being associated by that parrot fucking goo eating autist because I use linux... I dont like that idea

Linus is father of linux and he actually benefits community, rms is out of the game since 92 and is only activist, I consider your kind to be tumberlinas of the linux world. Not doers, just shit stearing retard.

>because he is trying to take the beautiful simple name - Linux
>and rebrand it to gnu/linux
Except that this is not the case, he never tried to rebrand Linux(the kernel) to GNU/Linux

>It is needed by posix, so they are very important in such a system.
what does that mean
what is needed by poxis? what specifically?
because most of the gnu utilties of the basic system are not some terrific huge projects like gnome or gimp, they are small, nice, but nothing complicated that few university students could not hack together during summer

>since 92
And this is wrong/

his quote

>My favorite programming languages are Lisp and C. However, since around 1992 I have worked mainly on free software activism

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

>what does that mean
>what is needed by poxis? what specifically?
I think it's very clear.

>because most of the gnu utilties of the basic system are not some terrific huge projects like gnome or gimp
Many of them are, gcc for example.

>but nothing complicated that few university students could not hack together during summer
Sure, this is true for some of them, and? What does it change?
They are still needed by POSIX.

Your words:
>rms is out of the game since 92 and is only activist
Does not in any way equal with
>since around 1992 I have worked mainly on free software activism

>I think it's very clear.
I asked so for me its not clear

>Many of them are, gcc for example.
compiler we already eliminated as the argument for the name, when we talked android

>Sure, this is true for some of them, and? What does it change?
>They are still needed by POSIX.
because if they are small and trivial they dont get to ask for naming rights

>I asked so for me its not clear
Neither to me, your question does not make sense.

>compiler we already eliminated as the argument for the name, when we talked android
Are you retarded?
1: You did not talk with me
2: This is not an argument to claim because X is compiled with Y should be named Y/X, instead the argument is that POSIX requires a C compiler which is a non-trivial part and GNU implements it.

>because if they are small and trivial they dont get to ask for naming rights
1: Naming rights what?
2: Most GNU programs are far from small nor trivial, even if what they do is supposed to be trivial
3: They are still required by POSIX

>The only reason GNU, GPL, and FSF are still a THING is because of Linus and the invention of Linux.
bullshit. it's actually because of gcc being gpl licensed that linus also licensed linux under gpl.

>Name something that RMS has done after 1995 besides bitching, crying, and moaning about bullshit that does not matter, or making some retarded, incomprehensible speech
He stepped down from taking care of pic related in like 2008.

>shitmacs

useless software by useless person. lol get real

Why doesn't trovaldos throw a fit that people should call it Android/Linux and not Android????

This works out well because it lets you spot newfags/gnufags/memelets. The true hero of Sup Forums is Linus because he also shot down feminism from infecting the linux kernel mailing lists several times, and is an actual programmer living in this decade.

The problem we're having here is that stallman replies to meme one-word-at-a-time e-mails posted from Sup Forums because his time is worthless. also despite what your typical non-Sup Forumstard would say about how "normies ruined memes" they still live their lives by them, it's just slightly different memes.

A lot of the stallman posters have never heard his voice, don't even know what free software is, don't know what linux is, etc. I'm not trying to pretend like I'm an oldfag by saying that, I'm trying to show you that they are just memelets from other boards trying to fit in. /vr/doom is the worst on this because you can actually find 20-30% of the board reposting doom memes and they have never played it once ever. You are wasting your time, get a filter.

If you're using x86, your privacy is already fucked with Intel Management Engine, even with Linux

Also, wtf is this autism splerg

Hating Stallman is product of cognitive dissonance that comes out of human irrationality, ignorance and feeling of inferiority in presence of intellectual and moral superiority.

how does your foot fungus tastes? do you like parrots and their genitals?

> source: daring fireball

kys

Stallman was right about everything, he told the world about the DRM and the risk of surveillance, the botnet and all the rest but the world didn't listen.
Shame on us.

>I have never used GNU Emacs
It's great. I can write extensions for it in Emacs Lisp, and they'll work even on Windows. Emacs Lisp is also fun to program in.

Oh, and Emacs just fits my needs. It's keyboard-oriented, and it has a bunch of useful editing commands.

>useless software by useless person. lol get real

GNU Emacs is *the* most ported non-trivial program ever. Do you know what that means? It runs on every goddamn OS you can name, and it it takes work to do so. Do you know why? Because it's fucking amazing.

GNU Emacs is *the* most ported non-trivial program ever. Do you know what that means? It runs on every goddamn OS you can name, and it it takes work to do so. Do you know why? Because it's fucking amazing. And do you know who got paid to do it? No one, because it's such an asset that people ported it themselves.

Do you know what every UNIX sysadmin has done for the past two decades, on HP-UX, AIX, SunOS, IRIX, and every propreitary shitstain UNIX? They install the GNU utilities, first thing. Why? Because they're also fucking awesome.

So keep telling yourself this "useless" software no one wants to use. If you cannot understand the value of these programs you should keep your shitposting to a minimum.

>Richard g users
I don't get it

Is there any text/audio or video out there of rms having a serious interview or discussion with someone knowledgeable who disagrees with him? I'm most interested in his assertion that proprietary means user-subjugating by definition. And I also wonder if he actually thinks the way he argues his ideas is persuasive.
If no: does he avoid being questioned or is noone interested?

Donald Trump is a meme, but I still support the meme.
Don't underestimate meme magic my friend.

>if he didn't do it someone else would have eventually done it
Uh, that's pretty much true of everything. You think if I went back in time and killed the Wright Brothers and Thomas Edison as babies, no one would have ever bothered inventing the light bulb or the airplane?

i love rms line "i didn't ask you to call it stallmanix". really shows you how much he truly is not a narcassist.

>Completely free
Free as in liberty of free as in free beer?