Is the Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX still considered the overall best HDD or are they just overpriced...

is the Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX still considered the overall best HDD or are they just overpriced? is there anything better?

Just buy an SSD.

Absolutely.

Shill Shill Dork

more expensive though

get the 5TB black for bigger cache

God I hate neo Sup Forums I stop coming here but still check back and see stupid shit like this and remember why I stopped

Best for what OP? Theres different things different drives are good at, what do you mean by best? Best is objective anyways, oh my god kill your're self

FAEX is old and noisy.

had one wd black.
Died after 3 years.

I still have working 200gb seagate from 2004

There are far more pricey HDDs.

But I would recommend a SSD and a slower HDD for most.

What are you going to use it for? If it's for storage just go for the middle ground and get a blue. I snagged a 2TB for like 70 bucks.

>Best is objective anyways

Pretty sure any enterprise HGST drive is objectively better if you don't care about the noise.

Buy PCIe SSD and then buy the Green/Blue one

arent those NAS harddrives? i just have a desktop

Of course not HGST's got the best drives

>SSD for data storage
Full retard

>target sample: one

B-but HGST is WD

WD may own HGST but HGST still has the better HDDs. If you can't grasp such a simple concept you should probably stop coming to this site until you're old enough to.

Don't cut yourself on the edge.

>I don't like it so it's edgy
How fucking retarded are you?

Will you replace Katana in the next Suicide Squad?

Actual literal fucking 9 year old retard

What in the everliving fuck are you on about?

Good warranty, will perform the same as any other hdd, maybe slightly faster but you wont notice.