If you say you've escaped the botnet you are a liar

If you say you've escaped the botnet you are a liar.

>he didnt turn off youtube data collecting while he still could
hah, scrub

>turn off youtube data collecting

i only use vidbit with youtube theme

But I don't use YouTube

Liar.

>I use it so everyone does
Fuck off

You guys do know this site uses google analytics and recaptcha is a google service, right?

What's botnet about Youtube? Just like with e-mail, only a fool would use it to communicate or consume information that he wouldn't like the whole world to see.

Also, why not just use youtube-dl behind a VPN?

>everyone uses it but I don't
Fuck off

Only retards allow Google Analytics to run, you're right about ReCaptcha though

I literally don't use YouTube. It's been at least a year since I've been to the site. I don't get what's so difficult to comprehend about this.

>What's botnet about Youtube?
>only a fool would use it to communicate or consume information that he wouldn't like the whole world to see.
Are you daft?

Yes.

You're asking me to believe that you can give up youtube but shitposting on Sup Forums is where you needed to draw the privacy line. And you're confused why that's hard to believe?

Not him - did you find an alternative? I have heard of people youtube-dling all the videos they want to watch but that to me is not an alternative. There simply seems to be no real alternative

>You're asking me to believe that you can give up youtube
Yes
>And you're confused why that's hard to believe?
Yes

I just don't really watch videos online

Howso?

>dont really watch videos online
Not even Liveleak? I am a much more alert and all around safer human being having seen many videos there.

I don't think I've ever actually been there. I've had friends show it to me here and there but I went there a few years ago and was like nah it needs Flash and closed the tab

>What's botnet about Youtube?
>youtube is botnet
Do you seriously not see the contradiction in your post

>Also, why not just use youtube-dl behind a VPN?
How does yt-dl work? Doesn't it still need to parse the site complete with JavaScript like a regular browser? Isn't it still vunerable to fingerprinting?

everytime i wipe my cache and cookies i have to go through their consent thing.

>He doesn't manage subscriptions via RSS
>He doesn't stream videos using mpv + youtube-dl

You're not telling me anything I don't already know and use.

>I managed to escape the botnet because I don't have an account for subscriptions and I use yt-dl!
So this is what 'escaping' the botnet amounts to? Next thing Sup Forums tells me will be that it's fine to use google as long as you disable cookies.

Not him but I use mpv + youtube-dl to stream
No need to actually download and I can enjoy the comfyness of my own player whilst avoiding the botnet

There does not exist a libre website that can compete with youtube

>retards unironically believe yt-dl helped them escaped the botnet
What has this board come to

Elabore

Well, for a given value of escapement

The point is that you can subvert googles tracking and targeted ads, so they can't build a profile on you

Until GNUtube is up and running, Youtube is all I have. I mean we already have GNU social for a twitter replacement so it can't be far off.

>uses the internet
>thinks he's 'off-the-grid'

Cute.

>being this delusional
Where the fuck is the FSF going to be the funds for video hosting? You know google is running youtube at a loss even with ads, right?

>he doesn't use youtube-dl with a VPN + mpv

Donations from the community :^)

>wow some people don't like watching haha funny "youpoop" celebrities talk about how they make more money than you and what they like to eat.

I literally never use youtube to watch """youtuber"""s. But you seem to know quite a bit about them for a guy who never uses the website.

if it does leave fingerprints, they just say that some sweaty neckbeard is running his youtube-dl from command prompt, or maybe a script.

Implying any of you actually want to escape

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>he thinks he has escaped the botnet
>he has an Internet connection in his basement
Reminder that your ISP knows your every move.

To be fair, it feels like a quarter of the threads on here beg for discussion about them.

Where'd you find the theme? I don't want to make an account.

>what has this board come to

Newfag

can someone explain this botnet stuff? I know what a botnet is but i feel like this is an inside joke like The Game.

Same here. I find no interest in YouTube videos, all the shows and movies are available on torrent.

99% of the time Sup Forums says botnet they mean dataminer. Most of them probably don't even know the difference, it's just a really annoying meme we're stuck with.