Why this is so perfect? Old as fuck and it still works fine for almost everything...

Why this is so perfect? Old as fuck and it still works fine for almost everything, except latest gaymen on ultra high maybe (which is something you shouldnt need anyway at Sup Forums)

Based Core 2 CPUs

>except latest gaymen on ultra high maybe (which is something you shouldnt need anyway at Sup Forums)
>Implying

you are not welcome here. go and stay go.

Could say the same about Phenom II cpu's, and the cheaper ones that were 2 cores but unlocked to quad and overclocked to 4.2ghz

i3-2130 and i3-3220 are almost as cheap and 4 times faster.

You are right,I have never owned Phenoms but friend had II X4 965 until 2015 he replaced it with FX when mobo crapped out, i believe phenoms were good too but i have only used core 2 myself

Not to mention Sandybridge + Ivybridge i5s can be found for anything from €50-100.

I'm still running a q6600 as my daily driver. Ok, but:

-Power hungry
-No hw aes
-Sometimes even without gaming single thread speed disappoints
-Mobo won't take more than 4 gig

Core 2 Quad Q6600 doesn't support SSE 4.1 so games like Metal Gear Solid V and No Man's Sky crash on boot.

I still use a Phenom II X4 955, had it since 2009.

It gets the job done for anything.

Q6600 was the 2500k of our times

who /x5470/ here

>doom runs good
>tomb raider runs good
>gta5 runs good
>everything runs good enough

it was dirty hack that ended up working OK

> 2 ASICs glued together
> still using external memory controller

The late P4/early Core era was the last point in time where you'd be unarguably better off with AMD.

Q9400 does support SSE 4.1

Also

>except latest gaymen on ultra high maybe

nice calculator

Phenom II x4s and C2Qs were more or less neck and neck depending on the overclock and system setup, with a slight advantage to the C2Qs.
Phenom II x6s were competitive against first gen i7s, and if you were lucky with the Deneb-based or Thuban-based dies, you could unlock the extra cores for more performance.

Then AMD had to fuck everything up with Bulldozer. IMO they still would have been better off with reconfiguring Phenom II for higher IPC while maintaining clocks for 32nm, then when 28nm hit tweak it further for increased clock-speeds.

It's a very bad CPU for modern standards. Slow and power hungry. Sure, it "works fine" most most stuff, but so does most other CPUs of that era and price range. Nothing special about the core 2 quad.

lmao poorfag

I wish my Core 2 Duo had vt-x. Unfortunately I have one of like two laptop models that don't have it. My computer would be way more useful if I had it.

Still running mine.

Go faster. That chip is easily good for 4ghz. Whether your board can hit 470mhz is a whole nother story.

Fuck you. Most of the people on this board play games. Tech sites are always full of people who play vidya and this forced meme of "We're too busy being corporate drones to game" is as retarded as it is untrue.