>1 week+ battery life
>pretty much indestructable
>always displays time on second screen, no need to press buttons or anything
>makes you look like a badass when hanging up
>physical keyboard

anything i've missed?

You missed the -almost- incapability of shitposting

>Implying that's bad
Sup Forums got extraordinarily shitty when phonefags started posting.

I've been posting on Sup Forums since 2006.
Now I'm doing it from my phone in bed.

Cancer?

I'd like to see the form factor get used in smartphones.

>>makes you look like a badass when hanging up
>anything i've missed?

No, you make very astute observations for a 12-year old.

says you, newfag
i remember shitposting in 2007 on Sup Forums with my RAZR back when it was just called sucking dicks

when are the gooks and nips going to bring their superior Android dual-screen smart-flips to the west?? I'd pay a good price for one with Samsung S4-tier or better specs.

Yea

>makes you look like a badass when flipping it open

The only thing is I've gotten used to browsing the web on my smartphone's screen size. Did love my old flip though.

>makes you look like a badass when hanging up
This. Also when answering. It's pretty comfortable to use as a fucking phone as well

are those really a thing?

yes. Been for ages.
Asians really dig their flips, and no wonder; physical buttons > tapping flat glass, and you can type and use the phone with one hand, somewhat all blind once you develop muscle memory for things. Plus in these devices you also do have the touch-screen function if you need it.

what are they called.. have you found anyplace to buy one that works in europe?

not him but I think that's the sharp aquos
yes it's water resistant, IP65 iirc

Only hipster faggots and luddites use flip phones.

>waah stop liking what I don't like

Many different manufacturers and models available. No idea how they'd work in Europe.

LG did release this flip-android here in Nordic countries just last year, but the thing was huge in size, and had underwhelming as fuck specs.

im from nordic countries too (finland) and i would change my lg g2 to some actually good flip phone anyday.. i should try to find one then

>I use an outdated and obsolete phone because I wanna be retro or too scared of modern technology

Asians like flip phones because it makes a lot of sense writing some of their more complicated characters with it. For instance there's no good way to fit 46 characters onto a western style touch keyboard, but splitting them up in sets of 9/10 works well.

>outdated and obsolete
>makes calls
>makes sms
>makes MMS
>can check email
>serves better as a phone than slab#154019

>can't use apps
>not obsolete

they write with normal letters that change to their characters

>modern technology
enjoy your botnet goy

>needing apps
If you need a phone just to communicate, a flip phone is not obsolete. By your analogy, cars became obsolete the moment powered flight was invented because cars can't fly.

They CAN, but a flip phone can work just as well, sometimes better.

Would you rather press two physical buttons to type a character or would you rather press three on-screen buttons to type the same character?

My computer has all the apps I need

>easy to hold
>can be used as a weapon

>being this deluded

Most people use their smartphones to browse, get Netflix on the go, check their emails, Whatsapp and play Pokemon Go. Do you really need 4 GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 820 processor to do that?

Not him but yes. But also those things you mentioned aren't traditionally phone functions. Smartphones are just portable computers with phone functionality. Smartphones are computers first, phones second and that's why the experience in using them as a phone is subpar.

Is this bait? You can't use WhatsApp, Netflix or Pokemon Go on a flip phone

>You can't use WhatsApp [...] on a flip phone

Not specifically a flip phone, but it is a dumb phone

:v)

I miss when people would actually put the phone to their head when they were taking a call.

Now it's common to see people talking through their headphones like douchebags.

>netflix
>pokeshit go
kill yourself

>bunch of weebs on a chinese cartoon message board are romanticizing flip phones

Who could have seen this coming?

If you had one unless you liked to imagine you're your favourite anime character all the time you'd just find it annoying. If it was a smart flip phone it'd just be more cumbersome than it needs to be or the screen would be too small. If it wasn't a smart phone you might as well be using a bean can with attached with string >implying anyone uses phones as phones these days!!

shit, even most of the time when I'm listening to music and I get a call I unplug my phone and put it up to my ear

>making fun of other people based on their choice of headsets

Sup Forums, everyone!

Man, I'm not an autist so (>i'm not an autist so) I don't generally feel socially awkward etc. but there's no way I wouldn't feel weird as FUCK talking to the air. Holding the phone up to your head lets people know you're talking on the phone, it makes the whole thing less weird.

>dude behind you suddenly starts talking to himself

>oh wait, he's just got headphones in under his hoodie

it's almost like you should expect normal people to have conversations that don't include you, like any other well-adjusted person.

Read the post I quoted
I'm not endorsing the use of any of those apps

>you turn around because he's talking directly at you
>he looks at you with a dismissive expression and acts like you're the idiot while he points to his microphone

t. pleb who haven't used a flipphone

I'M ON MY BLUETOOTH RETARD

oh trust me, I have

back in 2010, but I have moved on to the superior smartphone since then

>flip phones

That's a funny way to write iPhones

Nice try, nerd. I had the Razr for a milli years. I loved it back then but face it the form doesn't suit smart phones.

I don't even know why people are obsessing over the idea of real buttons on their phone either. I'm anti touch screen on pretty much everything but when it comes to smart phones it's better the whole thing is just a screen. Slide down keyboards etc. just make the build less sturdy.

Just buy an over the top flip case for your current smart phone if you want to flip something.

>2010
So like when the feature phone is on the wane and most of the models are shit? You've probably used it for a year tops.
>people born after the play station was released are now legally allowed to post

>Just buy an over the top flip case for your current smart phone if you want to flip something.
>there are none for your model
>those that exist are floppy as shit
>the single one in existence that is decent is only for the samsung galaxy s4

I used flip phones from about 2005/6ish to 2010 tho

I used to think this, and earlier this year I tried using two different flip phones for a couple weeks each:

LG Exalt
>well built, almost looks/feels like a modern device
>buttons are nice
>big screen but low resolution
>neat LEDs on outside
>runs opera mini decently
>predictive typing
>can't fucking add words to predictive dictionary
It was so close to being usable :(

Motorola Razr V3
>feels solid because aluminum; hinge has a nice "snap"
>very small but still way thicker than a smartphone
>dated appearance (but muh nostalgia)
>software mods can change appearance and hidden settings, which is fun i guess
>excellent predictive typing that learns words without needing to manually add them
>web browser is worthless, barely handles wikipedia
>flat buttons are only a little better than a touchscreen
>no threaded sms view
>only stores 20 sms???
It could be great if it was made with today's components. Texts are tiny, that's some seriously pathetic storage

I ended up going back to a smartphone, but I did at least use this experience as an excuse to switch to a GSM carrier.

lmao I just use a normal leather case that flips sideways like a book I used to get them that flip over but I find they're more comfortable when they're open and behind when they sideways and not up,

>blackberry makes phone with slide-out keyboard
>it's vertical

how the fuck are you able to keep the phone from folding backwards while typing? Hold it like a DS? That's still unwieldy as fuck. I want something like the old xperia smartphones.

>be me
>be 18
>be OP

Nah man, you put the cover behind the phone. It bulks the phone out in your hand and makes it a bit more comfortable to hold too imo (but I'm also a big guy with big hands for you)

If you get one with a magnetic latch that usually holds it in place backwards too.

Man, do you not use a case? I don't think I could use a phone without a case. I hate scratches and I also tend to abuse my phones dropping them etc. flip cases save my phone. My s4 lasted 2 years before falling to pieces after dropping it like every day because of the flip case. Including all the way down stairs etc.

found the case for you

Image search says it's a battery case

that's made by otterbox, who make cases for people like you

>people like me
>Tfw active people who wear sweat pants and keep their phone in their pocket

man my phone now is pretty much all glass this is a TEST

>for people like you
but it doesn't have a keyboard?

get one of these wallet chains, but make it fit your phone
:v)

I was talking to who uses a flip case on his regular smart phone

follow the convo m8

Why is it that everyone keeps talking about big smartphone screens as if they were a good feature?

>less battery life
>harder to use with one hand (which is kinda important in a HANDHELD DEVICE)
>harder to reach all the corners of the screen
>it fits awkwardly into the pockets
>autocorrect only works barely well in English. In every other language is fucking useless and Physical keyboards are better

Seriously, the only thing that giant touchscreens are good for is multimedia consumption.

I don't get it either. I'd rather use a 3 inch screen than a 6 inch screen

But that is what phones are used for more than anything now @ multimedia consumption and shit. You don't buy a 500 bux phone just to call people

You can get smaller smart phones.

If you want a small phone just to call and text people you can still get shit tier flip phones even now

There's pretty much a phone for whatever you want.

Also the only language that matters is English

no
manlet hands
manlet hands
no?
what does this have to do with bigger screen?

>I don't even know why people are obsessing over the idea of real buttons on their phone
I type on my phone much more often than I make calls so I don't see any point in buying a phone without keyboard.

>posted from my iphone

Actually when you live in a country where English isn't an official language it's pretty odd to talk/text to people in English.

But yeah, fuck diacritics.

Please make another one of these, htc.

Have you tried Blackberry's keyboard? I don't want any other keyboard in my phone now.

But they have a 1:1 screen. The Priv keyboard is meh and not as good as Passport or Classic.

Talking through earphones/headphones is objectively superior to using your hand.
Put the phone mic facing up in shirt pocket, and you have two free god damn hands.

While I like my Q10, I meant that you should ask Blackberry to make horizontal slider phone instead. Don't know how good was the keyboard on Vision 2, but none of the phone keyboards I used was comparable with BB.

There's almost no difference between clacking your phone or just hanging up with the power button

Still using a flipphone, I am laughing at all the faggets with their SOT 5 hours smartphones.

Mine can easily last over a week.

Would purchase a smartphone, but I am not paying money and then have to live with the shitty downsides of it.

what flipphone you using?

>Asians really dig their flips
maybe 3 or 4 years ago. nips all use iphones now.