>2016
>there is no working raster graphics application for linux
wtf is this bullshit? can it really be that hard?

>use gimp
>move a layer
>sorry but you cannot draw in the part of the layer that was previously outside the image because the layer boundary is not automatically resized

>have a layer with a mask
>want to move the image without moving the mask
>sucks for you. gimp wasn't made for such rare use cases

there isn't a good open source sound application either, audacity is fine when you want to cut audio, but not for creating it.

look: I want to make a simple 3x3 for Sup Forums but it's straight up impossible with the tools available on linux. how am I supposed to deal with this?

install gentoo

Now this is just bullshit.

> I want to make a simple 3x3 for Sup Forums but it's straight up impossible with the tools available on linux
Post photos, I will do it for you

>paste a picture of Akagi into gimp
>apply a mask so that it's only shown in the top left square
>try to move and resize Akagi's picture into the optimal position
>gimp moves and resizes the mask
you cannot make this up. it's like gimp was designed by braindead monkeys. in photoshop there is a simple button between the image and the mask that allows one to unlink the mask from transformation operations of the layer.

inkscape is a vector editing application. some say that it's also the best raster graphics application on linux.

Dude go to the /sqt/ or the /fglt/, follow the rules and be polite. Creating a bait thread bashing gimp will hardly give you any meaningful help, at bes you'll get someone else to give you one of the first google results for your problem.

What about Krita? It's pretty good.

Okay, who wants to build an audio app?

That's what I thought. But the Krita version I've installed has a funny bug: Scrolling only works in the first window in which you scroll. Imagine opening two browser windows, scrolling in the left one, but instead the right one scrolls. That's what's happening in krita. I don't know how they could fuck up this badly but they managed to do it.

Nice quads

I'll make the logo

And have you judge my taste? No thank you

Krita can do that, also the bug you're describing is not happening to me.

Sure. Didn't happen to me either last time I tried it. And maybe when I update it the bug will go away. But the version I'm currently using is fucked.

The last 15 years has been absolutely shit for computer software. Computer hardware has improved tremendously, software on the other hand has barely improved more than what was needed to keep up with hardware. It's really sad.

this is what you want?

yes

Sup Forums as a software substitute

oh neat, still if you're op you should consider what says, you can get better help if you're nice and when this place is not the best for getting good advice in general disregard trolls and someone will probably help you.

the next time it'll be Sup Forums as a service

blump

netpbm

>app

gimp doesn't look like this and photoshop doesn't too. So, what is it?

Sup ForumsaaS?

krita

>select layer instead of mask
>suddenly you can move the layer
You're just a fucking retard who can't learn to use the tools available to him.

stop shilling faggot i bet you don't even use gimp

>there is no working raster graphics application for linux

Try Ardour it Bitwig (tracking and electronic production respectively). Both will work wonderfully as long as you have a class compliant audio interface.

Use mediabang Paint pro with wine.