So the next iPhone is more than likely not going to have a headphone jack...

So the next iPhone is more than likely not going to have a headphone jack. Do we finally have enough evidence to say that Jony Ive is a hack, and that Apple is reverting back to the Apple of the 90s?

bluetooth audio still sucks.

bluetooth sucks, apple is going full jew again

Applel faggots with probably gobble it all up like the cucks they are.

You retards are chimping out over absolutely fucking nothing. There will be Lightning -> 3.5mm adapters on day one, and the iPhone 7 will probably come with that adapter. You will have no problem plugging your legacy headphones into the iPhone 7, and, for all the people who already use the more practical Bluetooth-enabled headphones, nothing will change at all.

It's literally fucking nothing. Y'all are stupid.

>Needing an adapter to plug in your headphones
Nice try.

Good goy

How the fuck is an adapter that comes with your phone any different from being able to plug your favorite headphones directly in? Presumably, most people only have one pair of headphones with them at any given time. Wouldn't it just be on the end of the headphones all the time, adapting them from 3.5mm to Lightning?

I just fail to see how this is the Blunder of the Century. It's just Sup Forums overreacting like usual.

>wow or phone is so thin!
>nevermind that you have to carry 10 adapters around to get basic functionality

First of all, *one* adapter, not ten, you hyperbolic walnut.

Second, if you're complaining about not having a 3.5mm jack, you're probably carrying headphones. If you're carrying headphones, why is it a big deal to have a small adapter on the end? How is it any different from, say, a breakaway cable?

can't charge iphone and use headphones at same time

>checkmate

>How the fuck is an adapter that comes with your phone any different from being able to plug your favorite headphones directly in?
You don't have to pay for an headphone jack. You cannot lose a headphone jack. It is an extra part to break (even worse if uses a wire between the two ports).

It's one more thing you have to carry around.

> There will be Lightning -> 3.5mm adapters on day one

dongles! yay! an inelegant solution that is another thing to pay for, maintain and replace.

> You will have no problem plugging your legacy headphones into the iPhone 7, and, for all the people who already use the more practical Bluetooth-enabled headphones, nothing will change at all.

aren't cheap and you're basically forced to buy cans because the buds look weird with the headband solution for the batteries.

You are already carrying headphones.

Unless there's a passthrough.

>headband solution

Headband-style Bluetooth earbuds are over. Welcome to last year.

You don't have to pay for the adapter either, It comes with the phone, just like EarPods have forever. If you lose or break shit, that's your problem. I mean, you could just as easily break a 3.5mm plug off inside your stereo jack, if you're that much of a raging dumbshit.

>legacy headphones

This is what apple shills actually want you to believe

>If you lose or break shit, that's your problem.
Thanks for admitting it is different from being able to plug your headphones directly in.

How's that serial port on your laptop, grandpa?

Face it, wired analog headphones are legacy hardware at this point. Bluetooth is good enough at this point that you don't need to run a fucking wire from your pocket to your head just to hear music.

Disingenuous and in bad faith, considering the very next sentence suggests that it's not different at all.

But then, I expected as much of the rotting shithole that is Sup Forums.

>Bluetooth
That POS doesn't even support PCM audio streaming and you consider it "good"

If it works, why change it?

I can't lose an input port that is already in the phone. The fact that I can now means that this is a shit decision.

>you could just as easily break a 3.5mm plug off inside your stereo jack
Do you really believe that you can actually break one of those things? Those things are built to be basically indestructible. Meanwhile, it's fucking easy to lose such a small object.

>Disingenuous and in bad faith, considering the very next sentence suggests that it's not different at all.
You are retarded. Let me try and use smaller words for you.

If you break the lightning port and could directly plug in headphones you'd still be able to use your headphones? Yes.
If you break the lightning port and have to use a dongle on the lightning port to plug your headphones in can you still use your headphones? No.

AND YOU STILL CANNOT LOSE A HEADPHONE JACK.

I'm not being disingenuous. You're just retarded.

2012 called, they want their memes back

I can't wait till an android smartphone releases with 2 USB-C ports desu

I can tell you know you're wrong because of that random projection about your dead grandfather, but I'll entertain you shill. Nobody uses bluetooth headphones, it's not because they're too expensive (even though they are more expensive), it's not because they sound like shit (most of them do), it's because you have to charge them, nobody wants to do that, and nobody will.

Sending analog signal to an already powered monitor is very different from sending an analog signal to an audio device that also gets its power from said analog signal.

>Headband-style Bluetooth earbuds are over. Welcome to last year.

only ones sold in my local market are the samsung gear iconx, with a glorious one and a half hours of battery life. and they are more expensive than sony cans.

> You don't have to pay for the adapter either, It comes with the phone, just like EarPods have forever.

apple won't include the dongle. they don't do it for their laptops, it's an admission of something missing, plus it's extra cash that could have been extracted from the customer.

I cant wait for the keynote to see exactly how apple is going to play this.

Their new Lightning Headphones will offer noise cancellation. That's basically it.

>How's that serial port on your laptop, grandpa?
Useful, actually. If you want to interface with basic digital circuits it's a necessity.

This

>b-but passthrough

Fucking lel!

Doubt it.

my bet is on internal space

>he doesn't have a bloutooth headphone

Enjoy those tangled wires

Does the iPhone still not have wireless charging?

Seeing as it requires a contract with a 3rd party, it's doubtful.

>he has to charge his sub par sounding meme tech

Apple "innovation": take already good technology, make it more expensive, sell to faggot hipsters

Sounds like a good idea to me, to be honest. Audio jacks take up a huge amount of internal room, relatively speaking, and power. The only reason they're continuing to be used is ubiquity, there's nothing particularly outstanding about them.

>analog headphones
Yeah, who the hell listens to analog sound waves in the year 2016?

Why the fuck hasn't anyone pointed out that you can't charge your phone and use headphones at the same time? Shits retarded as fuck.

if you break the lightning port the phone is fucked either way

The best part of all this is how the Chinese like Xiaomi will make a thinner phone that has a bigger battery and a headphone jack, and charge $100 for it while fags lap up an inferior phone for $800

Until these fuckers have 8 hours of battery life i want my headphone jack !

better than using cords

kys

>legacy headphones

Yeah, but I can still listen to my tunes while filling out the forms if there was still a headphone jack.

>having to charge your headphones
>having to carry around adapters to use 3.5mm headphones, which are the most common audio equipment on the world
>having to attach an adapter which seems like a dangling tumor to your device to be able to use your headphones
>not being able charge your phone while using headphones without a hub

If you think this is "INOVASHUN xD" and this is worth bearing just for the extra 1mm of thickness, you are severely retarded.

>headphones with 3.5mm jacks are the most common audio equipment on the planet
>b-but legacy

I bet you are one of the retards who think audio can be 100% digital.

Why would I buy BT headphones/IEMs when I can buy wired ones that for the same price will sound way better, or sound the same for way less, all while not having to charge them after two hours.

BT? More like BTFO!

>"""premium""" device lacks extremely basic functionality
>not being able to use both wired and wireless headphones

Sour grapes:the awakening

Expect Apple to launch new CD-quality BT headphones. You have to have an Apple iPhone to connect and use it's CD-quality codec. Otherwise you have to use compressed BT4.1 audio and lose a lot of quality. And if you don't use Apple authorized BT headphones you don't get the CD-qualty. So only Apple BT headphones will work with the Apple iPhone to get sound quality as good as wired headphones would sound with any source.

The headphone jack is legacy technology anyway. Good to be done with it just like we are done with DVD drives.

>So the next iPhone is more than likely not going to have a headphone jack.
He fell for the no jack meme.
Everybody point and laugh.

It is only a natural cycle.

Luckily even with Bluetooth 4.1, Sony BT headphones sound 10x better than the most expensive beats garbage.

I find it ironic that the only Apple product I own are some of their earbuds. They fit me perfectly and I think they're great.

Doesn't this mean the phone wont have a DAC anymore and the cable converter would need to have one, which will be undoubtly worse than an onboard DAC?

Fortunately Apple removing the headphone jack means companies will start improving Bluetooth headphone battery life

They sound like shit

Anyone who has ever owned a Sony Ericsson phone knows that this is fucking horrible.

>Doesn't this mean the phone wont have a DAC anymore
How is the phone going to play a ringtone without an onboard DAC?

Yeah. Connecting headphones to make a call is so fucking convenient.

They have a formula that works, they keep releasing the same shit and people gobble it up.

"But if we keep doing this people will catch on", "oh I know, instead of doing anything actually meaningful or intuitive, lets push for the removal of the almost universal audio standard connection to sell useless adapters at exuberant margins and manufacture a new line of Chink made Bluetooth pods and headphones", "Innovation, also free publicity from retards making a big deal out of it all over the place, ingenious, great work guys"

This is the tried and true Microsoft model of software marketing.

Nice Apple Nu male shill

That's sounds familiar...

To be fair it's a standard business practice, they're a big company with a major foothold, they remove a universal feature because reasons, and sell it back to you for a price, jst like DLC, or software tool kits, etc.

This will always be the worst design choice I've ever seen on anything designed by human beings.

Wasn't the reason for that design decision because they wanted to preserve the aesthetics?

No, they did that because normies would keep the cable always plugged in and wear down the battery.

> will probably come with that adapter

the fact that even an apologist like isn't sure it will come with an adapter, shows exactly how shit Apple is.

it won't come with an adapter and it will cost at least 39$. just watch.

Because only faggots charge and use headphones at the same time.

Literally a spaghetti tether

battery does not wear when the device is running of aux power user. You probably mean it the other way around.

>battery does not wear when the device is running of aux power user.
It does on most modern phones because the battery forms part of the DC-DC conversion for the device to run, they don't want to waste space on the board for a separate converter for power input itself. Try turning on your phone without a battery, it won't turn on.

Hmm couldn't they put in two USB c ports in there too? It could be used for much more than just headphones and you could charge your phone at the same time

Yep. Only time I ever use Bluetooth headphones is at the gym when I'm listening to loud RATM and the cords from headphones get in the way.

Guys, I don't know where you think you are, but this is Sup Forums. If you were looking to discuss Apple products I think is your board.

Your misconception is understandable, Apple present their products as genuine consumer technology, and lesser-cranially-endowed people are easily deceived, but rest assured, they are mere toys, meant for use by children and the mentally challenged.

>more practical Bluetooth-enabled headphones

>Bluetooth is good enough at this point

My amplifier is laughing at you

What the fuck happened to Sup Forums?

oh wait

>That POS doesn't even support PCM audio streaming and you consider it "good"
Are you retarded? Bluetooth 3.0 can do 25Mbit/s. Two channel PCM is less than 2Mbit/s even with error correction.

>a technology board doesn't realize that wireless is the future
>clinging into legacy tech
>blaming a company for pushing technology further

I'm guessing most people here are just poorfags that hate apple because they can't afford their products

>wireless is the future
Why do I need to add another piece of shit to the list of things that need a nightly charge?

Because its better?

Technology is evolving. Charging can e done effortlessly just by leaving the headphones in a stand and battery is lasting even longer.

>Because its better?
this is a non-argument. How is it better to have more hassle?

Hassle is having wired devices.

Hassle is having another thing that needs charging.

That is not a hassle.

Wired devices are infinitely inferior. They are always bothering you when carrying it around and using it.

>There will be Lightning -> 3.5mm adapters on day one
So what? You want to have a fucking adapter flapping around in your pocket?

I once made a mistake of buying a PMP with a 2.5mm jack and had to use a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter because 2.5mm jack headphones were non-existent.

Adapter kept getting caught on everything, unplugging/coming loose and cutting the sound quality in half

Now it's broken and I can't use that PMP without buying a new adapter

fucking apple sheep gonna defend everything

3.5mm jack is fine. It's not like floppy disks that were vastly inferior to CD-ROMs and needed to be killed. Apple's "innovating" to get more of your money on adapters that will 100% break in your pocket after a week or two

>So what? You want to have a fucking adapter flapping around in your pocket?
Leave it plugged in your headphones?

Welp this is how easy it is to bait Sup Forums

Shame

What do you mean? Apple has found some magic way to convert digital mp3s into analog sound without a DAC?