It's confirmed: AMD is literally a cancer

Can we finally just end the meme and white knighting and admit that AMD is a blight on the PC community as a whole?

>Thousands of lines of assembly have been rewritten overnight to support AMD CPUs. Unfortunately whilst the code no longer relies on anything above SSE 2, Havok Physics still requires “Supplemental SSE 3”, which was not supported until “Bobcat” and above.

steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/7/360672304897578119/

>inb4 vidya maymay Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FMA_instruction_set#History
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you really this retarded?

>AMD apologist spotted

"I want Intel and AMD to be the only companies to make GPUs and CPUs"
-OP 2016

>BAWWWW I CANNOT PLAY VIDEO GAME WITH MY OLD-AS-THE-HIGHWAY AMD PROCESSOR

I bet you cried when WoW started to required SSE2 too.

Literally get cancer and die your piece of shit.

>A 10-year old CPU deosn't have modern features required for a console port that has horrible performance issues.
Wow it's fucking nothing. Do you want to run it on a Pentium 3 as well?

Say that to my cheap as fuck dual core unlocked Phenom II X4 3.2 Ghz.

I could get two subwoofers and an amp for my car for the price of the cheapest i3 on the market and an Intel mobo.

It's not even the feature set, but that the game apparently REQUIRES not SSE2, not SSE3, but specifically REQUIRES the almost Intel specific, very fucking rarely used SSSE3 codepath for the physics module to work properly.

I can count on my fingers the amount of programs which are SSSE3 (not SSE3) dependant to run properly.
No Man's Sky confirmed a shitty Elite: Dangerous (itself a shitty open space wannabe) clone.

wont a CPU limited to an older version of SSE still be able to handle the instructions, just way way less efficiently?

Fuck off back to Sup Forums you retarded underage

Yes, double dubs man, you are correct.

In any case people shouldnt (and really wont) be complaining that their 10+ year old CPUs arent up to snuff.

>No Mans Sky
Their solution for bad multiplayer servers was literally "stop playing the game"

fucking nu males

Anybody saved from playing this massive fucking disappointment should count themselves lucky.

autist

THANKS INTEL

nice try JIDF

But AMD has full SSE3 and SSSE3 support what they didn't have is full SSE4 support with their own SSE4a implantation instead of SSE4.1/4.2

The issue apparently is with much older original Phenom processors which only support SSE3, not SSSE3.

Really a moot fucking issue. This thread is nothing but shill tactics bait bullshit.

What;s the point of this thread? my old as fuck core 2 Q6600 CPU supports SSSE3 and it's a 15 dollar four core.

>it's another intel vs amd thread

Well AMD didn't support it until 2011 and Intel supported it from 2006

that is it.

I still don't see the problem, the original phenoms are 9 years old, and are only now running into a problem with a lack of SSSE3 instructions, it's way past it's end of life, I don't even play any modern games on my CPU because it's so old it bottlenecks.

>amd phenom
>old as molasses just like the C2Q cpus which are also missing many instruction sets compared to the modern core i series
and your point is?.....

>on the PC community
Which PC community?
/r/pcmasterrace?
Go back to shilling there, because Sup Forums isn't the place to shill your trash.

So No Man's Sky was built with SSE4.1 requirements and because AMD's last gen processors didn't have it (lol) it needed to be rebuilt with SSE2?

Holy shit that's hilarious. AMD not only gimps innovation in it's GPU division, but also it's CPU division.

>b..but AMD is just as good as intel!
>b..but the instructions per clock is just slightly less, nothing else!
>b..but nobody will ever need modern instruction sets!
glad you saved $30 AMDrones?

>No Man's Sky
indie trash

I guess they'll just have to wait for zen.

>games that i will never bother to play

whatever kid

AMD is seriously so fucking retarded.

I can't wait until this horrible company dies.

Even my q9550 from 2008 has SSE4.1 AMD is a fucking joke.

NMS isn't very interesting anyway so no loss there.

Rip havoc

You did well in any decent PC game

Fuck UE4 requires a 6700k to run

Really makes you wonder how many games and applications are being actively gimped from using the latest technology available just to retain AMD compatibility.

Is this the price of competition? Consumers lose because one party is too incompetent to embrace modern instruction sets? Not to mention AMD has unironically not released a true desktop processor in years and idiots looking to save twenty bucks still use their obsoleted and depreciated hardware.

This is actually disgusting no matter what your opinion of games are, since it affects program/application optimization too.

>no man's sky
Literally who cares aside from angry Sup Forums autists.

There's no reason why they should be supporting phenom 1 CPUs in the first place. It's 10 years old and almost everyone can get whole computers from a generation after that for dirt cheap.

The first Phenom was such a disaster that only clueless fags getting prebuilts and hardcore amdrones bought it.

>Before Phenom's original release a flaw was discovered in the translation lookaside buffer
> BIOS and software workarounds disable the TLB, and typically incur a performance penalty of at least 10%
>This penalty was not accounted for in pre-release previews of Phenom, hence the performance of early Phenoms delivered to customers is expected to be less than the preview benchmarks.

actually just looked it up and phenom 1 supports SSE3 as well. what exactly is the problem then? games won't even be playable with older CPUs than that.

It has little to do with the actual game and more to do with how something is actually getting nerfed over incompatibility with AMD.

Sure, this case is a game. However how many applications, programs, and yes, games, are forced to use older or less efficient code or functions just to retain AMD compatibility.

Everyone focuses on how incompetent AMD is with GPU technology, it's amazing how we come full circle and realize their CPU division is just as bad, if not worse, since the CPU really is the most important part of any system.

>just to retain AMD compatibility.
not just amd you shitfuck, old processors in general, there's TONS of core2 duo's and even pentium D's floating around with outdated instructions too.

>2016
>being a car audio fag

Slit your throat.

>A 10 year old processor doesnt support modern standards
wow its fucking nothing
Sup Forums really cant into reading comprehension

You have two options: buy an AMD CPU from 2008 instead, it has sse 4.1
OR
don't play that shitty game.

>Phenom
>P h e n o m

of course all the angry Nvidia shills are going to spin this off as "people need to gimp games to support AMD" and Sup Forums eats up every bit of it

fucking damn Sup Forums

AMD holding back technology since forever

AMD had no support for SSSE3 and SSE4.1 until 2011.

Yeah because a 10 year old processor not having todays tech is bad ;^)

>caring about nu male sky

Fuck performance vs Intel, things like this are what people should be bringing up during comparisons.

"durr hurr but it's slightly cheaper for my food stamps"
Yeah too fucking bad it's missing vital functionality because AMD engineers are degenerates even by low standards.

AMD needs to die so that another company that actually knows what they're doing takes over. People don't realize that. If AMD dies it's not an instant Intel or NIVIDA monopoly. The courts will force someone else to take over and it'll be a bigger win for everyone.

This.

Try a captcha is STOP ME
moderate kek, even the captcha hates AMD

AMD actually has the fastest CPUs but the Jewish Intel shills get paid to write code to make AMD slower. Nevermind benchmarks that do the same to trick the typical braindead consumer.

>excusing disgusting behaviour just to validate your poor purchase decisions
kys amdrone

Single thread performance and efficiency is all that matters.

user I think you misheard, their solution was to not include multiplayer in the first place

no he just has to earn his salary by acting like the most minute shit is going to ruin his employer's competitor

right, it has nothing to do with the fact that AMD uses a process node from 2010 on their CPUs

>This thread is nothing but shill tactics bait bullshit.

WELCOME TO Sup Forums NEWFRIEND!

>all he does is run 1 tab of Chromium

topkek. I do real work and I'll take any god damn thing, give me more cores. Our SQL Servers run 16 cores each, and there's several of them.

SSE3 is a part of every AMD64 CPU, I am not seeing why anyone would target something older

>likes music
>drives car often
>wants good sound quality in car

what are you even sperging about you sad waste of space

>POWER8

Did you even read OP, retard?
SSE3 isn't SSSE3

>No Multiplayer's Sky
I heard that game jewed out the numales who went hype over it. Serves them right. Real men have sex and the only game they play is Gran Turismo on the PS2. Dumb PC gamer faggots

Is No Man's Sky the largest dissapointment in the history of ever?

>So much hype, literally years of it
>Promised a fucking universe
>We got about 6 biomasses cloning themselves infinitely, game gets repetitive after one day
>pc version runs worse than arkham knight

srsly wtf mane

>implying AMDrones can read
common misconception

Which is wrong, since Intel always remaind at the same number of hyperthreads per core over the years.
Now if we are talking about sparc, that would be different.

>spend so much money on that setup
>buy a tiny-ass monitor
this is what triggers me the most

Its also wrong because AMD quad cores are actually dual cores.

It's also wrong because Intel never claimed hyperthreads to be cores unlike AMD.

They're just "logical" cores at the OS level.

so you are blaming AMD for the (supposed) incompetence of some devs? you know you can detect and support CPU newer features without having to remove them, right?

meanwhile Intel is still releasing processor cores without x86-64

And this is why the GPLv3 is important, it allows you to study the code, have freedom to make it work on older CPUs, and most importantly your companies won't monopolize on it and add DRM.

This is Sup Forums, you ALWAYS blame AMD for things that are not their fault.

The entire bulldozer family is 5 years old and has them.

>adding extra lines of code
>adding extra processing for ever if statement
gosh forbid a something standard should actually be included standard

I guess every dev should put conditional checks in their code to make sure it's IBM compatible while we're at it.

>This is Sup Forums, you ALWAYS blame AMD for things that are not their fault.
I think you mean "Sup Forumstards are leaking"
these faggots are so fucking retarded, is not even funny

>not letting the compiler do that for you
>not using libraries for these things
kys fucking retard

Instruction set extensions aren't standardized, they're extensions to the existing instruction set you fucking retard. AMD and Intel propose their own instruction set extensions but its up to the other to implement them or not. There's no unified standard. Stuff Intel proposes usually becomes standard because they have more marketshare while stuff AMD proposes falls to the wayside

omg i hate amd now

This wouldn't be a problem if we used RISC.

Seriously. That was for the 90s kids who have no hearing left.

Only good post in the thread.

Great argument we got here

Who gives a shit about instruction sets. Just add more fake cores.

and more TDP
more is better, 225w isn't enough, we need at least at least a 860w TDP AMD processor with 12 "modules" then AMD will truly be a competitor

>tfw I'm joking but I wouldn't actually put it past AMD to do such a thing

Those instruction are x86 extensions and not all CPU's are guaranteed to have them , so the software writer must make sure that the extensions are supported by the CPU and if not handle it accordingly , in a good case make less fast fallback code that is supported or works with the core instructions of the architecture

tl;dr c++ pajeets fuck up once agian

You faggots need to understand that SSE(now AVX) is Intel's baby and they hold the standards and practices to physically implement it and implement it in instructions.

AMD needs to reverse engineer SSE down to the ISA to implement it. If Intel released SSE2 in 2001 it would have taken at least one hardware generation to see it on AMD. They can only implement this INTEL SPECIFIC THING. AFTER THE FACT.

Again, if Intel released SSE3 in 2004 or whatever, you wouldn't have seen it on AMD hardware for A MINIMUM OF ONE NEW HARDWARE GENERATION.
It's like how it took Intel the development of SSE/SSE2 to deprecate AMD's (short lived and barely used) 3DNow! extension support.

you people are cancer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FMA_instruction_set#History

>TFW people unironically defend AMD
Is it because their CEO is female?

Are AMD's white knights all nu-males?

A lot of Intel's performance leaps per gen come from them baking AVX into their chips.

Every time

>implying nvidiots have actual opinions instead of whatever the jews make them think

common misconception

I asked my wife's son about this and he insured me that AMD is the best. He said their engineering team is more diverse than intel and therefore releases a better product.

I would go out to buy an AMD processor right now, but my wife took the car to meet up with her bull since it's Sunday.

AMD released products that support the required extensions 5 years ago. They didn't do anything, neither did the game devs I think. If you're using old hardware don't expect new games to make an active effort to support you

>a thread about processors
>the amdrone discusses nvidia
You literally just proved the point in your quoted post

>Intel jews in full swing

Good, goyim. More shekels for your masters.

It's sunday retard

There's been a suspicious amount of AMD hating going on the last few weeks.

Its because they had a rather positive outlook from their financial report and Sup Forums is utterly convinced AMD is going to die this year for reals this time.

it's quite clear that this is a troll thread. many posts make clear that if the devs really removed support for the lattest instruction set extensions, they are to blame, not AMD.
also
>muh gaymes
sage