Why is technology so bad Sup Forums?

Why is technology so bad Sup Forums?

Everything is made in China now, and it shows.

I have never had a laptop that has lasted more than four years. Dell, Asus, IBM, Apple: it doesn't matter. Something critical always falls apart just sitting on my desk.

Now my iPhone 5, the very first smartphone I decided to buy, has its screen literally bulging out because the battery packet beneath it is most likely filling with gas. Despite being a clear design flaw I doubt it will be covered by warranty.

Do I just have to accept that no matter what I buy, it will die in five years time, no matter how well I take care of it? I would gladly pay a premium for something Western-made without planned obsolescence.

make more babies

Take better care of your things and stop being a little bitch.

all my tech seems to never die... i guess i buy smart and take care of my shit

That'll be $50,000

Because Americans decided that they don't need jobs and allow corporations to bend them over.

nice bro-economics

>iphone 5

what the hell when did that even come out

I bought mine exactly three years ago.
I was planning on using it for the next 10 years. Wishful thinking I guess.

>I was planning on using it for the next 10 years.

Name a single thing you own that has worked for 13 years.

My Technics turntable was made in 1976.
My Roland synthesizer was made in 1983.
My Honda Civic was made in 2005.

God forbid I thought a 500 dollar phone would last more than 3 years.

ThinkPad A21m
ThinkPad A21p
and a noname Pentium III laptop

all of them works fine except the Ethernet is dead in A21m, but I can use my mobile as a wifi.
T40 is perfectly fine too, but I'm not sure if that is really owned for 13 years, but close,

meh...your ship of theseus audio trash doesn't count. You sure as shit cannot tell me that car hasn't had major work done.

>Name a single thing you own that has worked for 13 years
>OP names a few things that worked for over 13 years
>IT DOESN'T COUNT IF I DON'T LIKE IT OR WAS EVER REPAIRED!!!!!!
Sup Forums everyone...

Buy Japanese made (assembled) laptops or shut the fuck up. Know that you'll be paying for build quality and not necessarily good design.

2005 was 11 years ago.

My shitbox brand shitbox from 2002 has 400k (kms) on it and it werks fine.

Also my prebuilt PC from 2003 also werks, only thing it ever needed was a new PSU during warranty.

Most home appliances are also pretty old like the rusty washing machine, over 20 year old microwave, etc. When old boomers claim "deydun make em like dey used to", then they are most probably right. Hell, modern washing machines don’t even clean properly because they are so choked by all the constraints just to save a few drops of water.

my router (15 years) and like every console I own (starting at the NES)

Vote trump

gba sp, gamecube, dell mini 9, imac g3, toyota corolla

the imac and the gba are getting a little sketchy; with the gba it's a simple fix that i haven't gotten around to doing

All the drives to be energy efficient have ruined household appliances. My 30 year old freezer gets cold enough to freeze vodka solid. My brother's new one doesn't.

My router, my phones, my T.V., my various game systems, my radio, my clock, my furniture, my stove, actually everything in my kitchen, I could go on.

change the battery then, it's not hard.

Go on then. The only thing I believe works after 10 years in that is the fridge and the stove if it's a gas stove.

>t-technology doesn't count

I'm posting from a 5 year old asus laptop. Overheats like crazy, but other than that it's still fully functional as if it was new. Maybe you should take care of your stuff?

>The only thing I believe works after 10 years in that is the fridge and the stove if it's a gas stove.

The phone on my kitchen wall says Southwestern Bell and it has worked ever since it was installed in the late 80's.

I'm using a 2003 Linksys EtherFast Cable / DSL router to connect to the internet right now.

I have a old Panasonic 24 inch tube TV I bought in the early 90s that still works just fine with the super Nintendo I have hooked up for the kids to play on.

I could keep going, but you are just to think to understand so I will save my breath.

>think
thick

Sounds like the common factor is you. Stop treating your hardware like shit. Yes, you do treat it like shit.

Uni-Body Macbook Pros from 2008 are still going for $200-$400 and they're solid. Parts are plenty and easy to replace with a precision screw driver set. If you wanted something reliable, pick up a 2011 Macbook Pro with the Core i5 and pick up a few parts chassis for $80 on eBay.

Well, unless a piece of tech has faulty components, it can pretty much last 10 years or longer, the lifetime can be extended even further by replacing dead components that of course works if you do not damage the product in any way be it mechanical or electronic.

>iPhone 5, the very first smartphone I decided to buy
>deciding to buy Apple
You reap what you sow.

Stuff from Taiwan is good now. They've come a long way from the shit they used to make.

i agree with this user. sounds like you treat your tech like shit. tech is fragile equipment you know. ipone5 screen bulge? wtf do you do man, my sister has had that phone for a few years and nothing of the sort has ever happened. so im calling bullshit. fake thread /thread

>2011 MBP
>reliable

Is this bait? Those are literally the most failure prone product Apple has released in the past 20 years.

What animu is this?

Putting more money into production costs and high-quality parts is going to cut into profit margins that allow your product to be sold at a reasonable price.

> i buy shit
>waaaah why is shit
fucking icucks

It's some weebtrash about a weeb married to a normalshitter I think, I think it has 'danna' in it's name, whatever the fuck that is.

>... modern washing machines don’t even clean properly because they are so choked by all the constraints just to save a few drops of water.

You have just scratched the surface of how bad the washer machine market is.
I had one malfunction on me. Let me just say, it was the third time in my life I broke down and called the repairman, the second time the repairman came to the exact conclusion I did after paying him for his time to tell me what I had already devised. That whole thing turned Alice and Wonderland madness, as the more I learned the more I wanted to hurt someone.

After my next unit breaks I am building my own, got old design specs I can update that will get things done right.

Maybe that particular freezer your brother bought is a piece of shit.

when you go back to fifth grade in a couple weeks make sure to tell all your friends how cool your new favorite tech sites for phone and graphics card discussion is!

Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken
Next time use whatanime.ga

lurker found "whatanime.ga"
lurker is now very happy
lurker has found source of pic from /h/ (not work-safe)
lurker gives poster 5 internet points
lurker is now going to watch The Qwaser of Stigmata (not work-safe)

Thanks for the 5 points.
That isn't h, though. It's only ecchi.

Me too. Even my oldest GameBoy works just fine. Every monitor I've ever had still works. My laptop has been through physical and digital hell and still works.

I better get comfortable with my current car. I was thinking about getting something fun, but I bet my car will last for at least 20 more years, if not more.

>apple

Found your problem.