Video player for the filmes/anime

Which player works best with subtitles? VLC or MPC-HC/BE or POTplayer? Why Pot Player is not suitable for watching anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/?q=girls laughing&t=h_&iax=1&ia=images
github.com/libass/libass/issues/141
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mobi

Potplayer - garbage/thread

anime and bleeding edge shit - mpv

the rest - MPlayer or MPC-HC

avoid - VLC

never touch - Potplayer, BS Player etc. non-free players

Also avoid - Codec Packs

install vlc, the average video quality can be a little lower sometime but overall vlc is much much better than mpc-hc.
Don't listen to retard that will say mpc-hc + madvr + ffdshow + xy-vsFilter + reclock
this won't change a thing and you'll have to deal with mpc-hc ui nightmare.
Designing an UI for keyboards in a mouse-oriented OS is retarded.
the mpc-hc bundle is barely maintened and mostly 32-bit only and does not include recent features that exploit more cleverly the cpu/gpu due to the lack of support from the developers (just check the different repos if you want to see for yourself).

MPCHC but dont fall for the MadVR meme

mpv

Memepv

I couldn't reproduce this. I try almost every bleeding edge technology and it went flawlessly in both mpc-hc and vlc. Both crashed a few time with experimental hardware decoders.
I'm clueless at how you're having these issues. I wanted to report them to the vlc team so the vlc bashing could end but it seems it's already patched.
mpc-hc does not crash that much as it's far from bleeding edge and use trusted technologies. VLC is actively pushing new under-the-hood features and may be more prone to segfault or crashes. I have yet to see problems like in the pic you posted.
Can you send me the torrent link of the episode? I want to test THIS version of the episode and not v2 v3 or whatever is different from the screenshoted one.

VLC is inefficient at decompressing/decoding HEVC.
The file also has a CRC. Just Google it or something.

mpc-hc. specifically, the one with k-lite. it has never failed to play the files i need. don't go for cccp. vlc is only good for streaming. if you're not streaming, don't use it.

>anime
duckduckgo.com/?q=girls laughing&t=h_&iax=1&ia=images

Why mpv shit?
MPC-HC the best choice?

Up

I just use CCCP.

>Why mpv shit?

Because it gives the Linux memers a feeling of superiority because they get to make things needlessly overbearing and aimlessly complex by requiring a command prompt for basic things.

>you'll have to deal with mpc-hc ui nightmare.

What? It has like 5 buttons.

Your file has no iframes. Whoever encoded it is a moron.

vsfilter a broken shit. libass is the future. so just use mpv since it uses latest libass which has a ton of rendering improvements. the day I stop having to target both vsfilter and libass and deal with vsfilter's backwards-ass behavior will be a good day. I would finally be able to use shadows without having to do terrible hacks most of the time, I could actually use fonts with glyphs that it refuses to render but libass handles just fine, font sizes would actually make sense, and a whole host of other weird compatibility stuff.
github.com/libass/libass/issues/141

vlc probably uses libass too but >vlc