GOOGLE CREATING AN OS THAT IS *NOT* BASED ON LINUX

IT'S HAPPENING

>inb4 the botnet is expanding

Well Google consistently creates AMAZING free products... so the paranoid people can go back to fucking /x/

We need this folks

Windows is a piece of garbage holding us captive for decades with their monopoly

Linux is nice but there's always something wrong... some driver, or the graphics drivers are not on the same level as Windows', etc. After all these years it lacks the "JEST WERKS" property that Apple mastered, but Apple is for fags

thenextweb.com/google/2016/08/13/google-is-secretly-creating-a-new-os-thats-not-based-on-linux/#gref

Remember when they announced their browser? People were saying "meh I'll stay with Firefox" or "meh if Firefox can't beat IExplorer's market share, nobody can"

But CHROME HAS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT all of them and has the lion share now

This OS could be the Windows killer we all deserve

Other urls found in this thread:

thenextweb.com/google/2016/08/13/google-is-secretly-creating-a-new-os-thats-not-based-on-linux/#gref
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i can't tell is that guy is a pajeet or a spic

Finally they will stand a chance against iOS

>tfw Linux is just so useless it's easier to create a brand new one from scratch

>implying android isn't a piece of shit
>implying chrome isn't a piece of shit
>implying this won't be a piece of shit

>implying that not based on Linux is the same as making from scratch.

you sure are dumb. they are not re-writing a complete OS, just using a different base.

probably something open-source that is more easily optimized for embedded devices and such

Remember when they announced their Chrome OS? People were saying "meh I'll stay with Linux" or "meh if Chrome can't beat Windows' market share, nobody can"

But CHROME HAS BEEN BLOWN THE FUCK OUT all of them and has the least share now

It's a lot easier to start using a new browser than it is to start using a new OS. It'll be the same as Linux or osx or steamos or the million other OS that nobody uses. People don't want to be inconvenienced in even the slightest.

hope its better than winblows 10

Why a spic?

>muh gaymes
>muh spreadsheets
>muh oh-ess-secks X-clusive "content creation" software
Won't succeed

I doubt that in my lifetime Windows will stop being the majnstream OS.

>Lopez
i can't tell if this poster is a nigger or a retard

At least make an effort to read what a RTOS kernel is about before shitposting about killing desktop OSes

IT WILL BE ENTIRELY BASED ON THE DART PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

BETTER START LEARNING IT NOW NIGGERS

GONNA BE THE STANDARD OF THE FUTURE

MAGENTA SCALES UP TO DEKSTOP OS READ THE ARITCLE AUTISTIC FUCK

>Fuschsia
Is it an acronym for, "Fuck User Choice Have Some Invasive Advertising?"

But really this will be a data mining monstrosity that is so locked down it is unusable to power users, why care about it?

>i-it should scale because ANDROID POLICE said so!
Fuck off moronlord.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>Is it an acronym for, "Fuck User Choice Have Some Invasive Advertising?"

How long did it take you to come up with that? Honestly?

Under twenty seconds, if I spent time on it I would have something better

RMS INVENTED THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN "KERNEL" AND "OPERATING SYSTEM"
HISTORICALLY, NO UNIX OR UNIX-BASED OR NON-UNIX-BASED SYSTEM SEPARATED THE KERNEL FROM THE OS
BOTH LINUX AND GNU SOFTWARE WERE CREATED/RELEASED UNDER FREE/COPYLEFT LICENSES
IT WOULD BE AS CORRECT TO SAY THAT THE LINUX OS "MAKES USE" OF THE FREELY AVAILABLE GNU UTILITIES AS IT WOULD BE TO SAY THAT THE GNU OS "MAKES USE" OF THE FREELY AVAILABLE LINUX KERNEL, EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE, FOR VIRTUALLY ALL OF COMPUTING HISTORY, KERNEL == OS
FURTHERMORE THE GNU OS ALREADY HAS A KERNEL CALLED "HURD". THEY'VE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE IT WORK FOR DECADES.
IT WOULD BE MOST CORRECT TO SAY THAT EACH DISTRIBUTION COMBINES FREE (AND SOMETIMES NON-FREE) COMPONENTS INTO A COMPLETE OPERATING SYSTEM AND THEN CALLS IT WHATEVER IT WANTS TO. SOME CHOOSE TO CALL THEMSELVES GNU/LINUX. OTHERS CHOOSE TO CALL THEMSELVES LINUX. THE FREEDOM OF SELF-DETERMINATION RESTS WITH THE CREATOR(S) OF THE FINAL DISTRIBUTION
RMS IS A FASCIST WHO WANTS TO RESTRICT OTHER PEOPLE'S FREEDOMS FOR HIS OWN AUTISTIC SELF-SERVING EGO

advertising isnt allowed here user

>RTOS designed to scale up to modern hardware

This is for their next generation of AR/VR Glass. They need something that doesn't lag at all, and Android obviously isn't it.

>tfw using Chrome on Arch
Tell me when they release their OS, and if it sucks or not. Android was a mistake, and it should be pretty hard to fuck anything up as much as android did.

It's GNU/Hurd

I'm already enjoying the chrome OS with Android apps

>Android was a mistake, and it should be pretty hard to fuck anything up as much as android did.

Android is riddled with serious flaws, but from a business perspective it's been an unbelievable success.

>claims Linux is not mature enough to get good drivers
>somehow a no name OS that isn't even out will have great drivers

Ok, op

Inb4
>Hurrr durrr Google can force it
If they can, why didn't they force good drivers into Linux and not waste a shit ton of cash on some no name OS?

>Android was a mistake
All mobile OSes currently are mistakes to be brutally honest. I kinda hope a mobile OS comes out sometime that isn't shit.

top kek.

if only...

>Google consistently creates AMAZING free products

Is it really "free", if you pay with your personal information, which is then sold to advertisers, making Google billions? You work for free, while Google get rich.

That's what cuckery means.

It seems you're getting confused with the LK kernel.
We're talking about the Magenta kernel.

Agree with you op. Though I use firefox because it's more customizable. If Googles new OS isn't a complete botnet I'm willing to bet it's going to be the next big thing to replace Winblows once and for all.

They are not trying to kill desktop OSes with this, it is a RTOS that works on modern hardware instead of limited ram and cpu conditions. This user has it probably right

>replace Winblows

Windows is kept alive by MS Office and other productivity tools. The only way to start to get rid of Windows is to replace Office.

At least he's not as much of a douchebag as Stephen Wolfram.

You'll still have the same problem Linux has, the lack of third-party software that Windows offers.
Even OS X, which has a respectable amount of enterprise software, doesn't come close to the huge software library that's build for Windows.

If anything, they should just make an easy-to-install, low-bloat Linux version for people looking to move away from Windows, and push large corporations like Adobe to make Linux versions of their products.

Exactly this.

thank you for your insight

>CHROME HAS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
Yeah being bundled with thousands of shitware and jewgle advertising the shit outta it.

This, LibreOffice is great for free software but it feels laggy and unorganized compared to MS Office.
It's hard to compete with 25 years of iteration in the hands of a billion-dollar company.

Office and Photoshop

I think that covers everything?

Replace that and there's no reason to use Windows over Linux anymore.

except >muh vidya

>Well Google consistently creates AMAZING free products... so the paranoid people can go back to fucking /x/
>consistently
>AMAZING free products
Google also makes a lot of flops as well. They basically throw stuff at the wall and hope something sticks.

i will never use a google product ever again besides youtube. google is a garbage social engineering company.

have none of you faggots thought of BSD?

>You'll still have the same problem Linux has, the lack of third-party software that Windows offers.
The thing is, Google is currently the biggest corporation in the world (Alphabet Inc.) - they have leverage power that's how they pushed Chrome to everyone (by advertising it on google.com ) --- they can do things, they can make things happen... they can push Adobe and even Microsoft to the point they would make their software available to their OS, they can talk to Nvidia and make sure the drivers are the best

Do you think South African Canonical has this power?

they should use gnu on top of their os.

bsd is gay

I find more so the issue is certain Microsoft products (e.g. Dynamics, Sharepoint) will only integrate with Office. Plus purchasing managers tend to lean towards Microsoft as buying all your business software and Operating systems from Microsoft nets you a package deal.

The article says it will use MAGENTA kernel
GNU HURD got basic sound support in 2016
LOL

nobody needs sound when they have freedom.

I can confirm the office thing. Everyone uses it despite it being a piece of shit that crashes all the time, yet nobody is willing to let go.

>You will never be a pussy ass SJW
feels good

For it to become the Windows killer it has to get productivity tools. You wouldn't give this system to someone who needs Photoshop if it doesn't have a -fully- working version of it. Same with most software that came out until now on Windows. It'll take a few years until companies decide "let's just bring powerful shit into this".

Nowadays that's what you need to kill Windows. Games (more than what Linux has access to) and anything related to production.