Try to install arch linux following the install guide

>try to install arch linux following the install guide
>every command gives me an error

Is arch linux literally a meme?

Either your iso is fucked up or you're an idiot.

>you're an idiot because someone half-assedly mashed together a shitty distro that barely works

>being too stupid to follow instructions
>being too stupid to read the fucking error message
You are the meme, OP.

You don't find it strange that nobody else seems to have a problem with this other than you?

i think manjaro is more up your alley, OP. It's arch-based and you can install it without reading complicated directions.

>install guide says the first line you should run is ls /sys/firmware/efi/efivars
>/sys/firmware/efi/efivars doesn't exist

Totally my fault brotendo

The thing is I don't want a distro that just werks
I want something I can tinker with fully but something that doesn't require you to write thousands of lines of shit where only two or three things actually work

>install linux mint
>everything works

based linux mint

Install Windows

I already have windows, it's only useful for vidya

Okay well if you actually read the guide you'd know that you do ls /sys/firmware/efi/efivars to see if you're on a BIOS system or UEFI system. Thats not an error, thats exactly the output you'd expect if you don't have a ueif motherboard

Debian netinst

Congratulations, you just verified you're not in EFI mode. Which is why they told you ton run that command. You're too stupid to follow the instructions.

Also, read the beginners guide, not the install guide.

Use Arch Anywhere. Don't listen to anyone talking about the Arch Way. The Arch Way should be getting things done without bloating your system in a simple fashion.

This
Debian is the only lightweight distro that justwerks
Even ubuntu has more issues than debian

It doesn't state that in the guide
I've gotten up to the point where I create partitions and mess around with syslinux and shit but after rebooting it still says OS not found

Fuck it, I'll just run the course until it fucking werks

this

If you can't read the install guide go find some youtube video to hand hold you through. Are you reading the beginners guide or are you following a condensed step by step image?

>wants something to just werk
>doesn't want to put the effort in

You can still install Manjaro or Antergos and be able to 'tinker' around. You can install practically any distro for that matter.

use the beginners guide

it's for.....beginners like you.

I am using it
But as I said, I'll just keep doing this shit until it werks

>It doesn't state that in the guide

>UEFI mode

>In case you have a UEFI motherboard with UEFI mode enabled, the CD/USB will automatically launch Arch Linux via systemd-boot.

>To verify you are booted in UEFI mode, check that the following directory is populated:

># ls /sys/firmware/efi/efivars

>See UEFI#UEFI Variables for details.

You are just too retarded to install Arch.
Buy a Macbook.

what sort of fool installs such an icon pack

which sort of fool tries to crossdress an OS onto another

jesus christ

>what sort of fool installs such an icon pack
>which sort of fool tries to crossdress an OS onto another

b-but... that's the unmodified base install

You're kidding, right? No one would use such an ugly icon-pack as standard, right?

Tell the maintainers they have shit taste

>which sort of fool tries to crossdress an OS onto another
Probably 50% of shitnux users dress it up to look like OS X. Shit's crazy, especially since it always ends up looking shitty since freetards can't into design

If they try to make it look like OSX no wonder it looks shitty, since that's what they apparently went for.

>be me
>want to prove how noob friendly debian is to coworkers
>they blindfold me
>choose graphical install
>I mashed buttons and as long as I pressed the enter key I was ok
>45 minutes later I had it up and running with XFCE but couldn't log in because I didn't know the password I set
I can literally install Debian with my eyes closed. Archfags will shit on me.

You wanted to prove even a monkey could install it?

macOS is the most aesthetic operating system. Windows 10 is next up, but loses a lot of points due to inconsistency. Even riced-out shitnux distros tend to look like shit outside of terminals.

>Probably 50% of shitnux users dress it up to look like OS X
arbitrary number you made up to reinforce your prejudice.

most linux users I see love their gnome/kde/xfce/enlightenment to death and if they're to rice, they rice it some other way.

unless having a dock or helvetica/san francisco as default font is a capital sin, in which case you're a very sore butthole.

besides, I don't like Elementary OS either.

Yes. Even a retarded, blind monkey could install Debian in under an hour.

>using fly paper OS

Anything that follows the stupid flat-design shit some designers came up with fails at aesthetics already so much it's beyond saving no matter what else they'd do.

It's closer to 40%, my bad.

>most linux users I see love their gnome/kde/xfce/enlightenment to death and if they're to rice, they rice it some other way.
Are we looking at the same userbase? Most linux users put up with their DE, they don't love it. They simply use what isn't as annoying as the other DEs.

Mavericks (non-flat) and El Capitan (flat) both look better than any other desktop environment. That's the crazy shit. Having actual UI designers to design your UI matters.

>Most linux users put up with their DE, they don't love it.
This is truer than what I originally said indeed.

I love KDE, I don't know what you're talking about

Maybe if you have shit taste

Congratulations on an outlier. Do you have any tips for the viewers watching this from home?

Post something you think looks better, I could use a good laugh.

Arch is only for the most hardcore hackers, friendo.

Boring office stuff like spread sheets: Red Hat, CentOS
Gaming and noobs general: Ubuntu
Entry-level coding: Debian, Fedora
Reale serious coding, top-end server stuff and hacking: Arch